Thread: SIII vs SIII enchanced?

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score

SIII vs SIII enchanced?

https://shop.freedompop.com/products/samsung

SIII $60
    SIII enchanced $70

whats the difference?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Since you're looking at CDMA phones, most likely the SIII Enhanced is a second, newer version that was a "Sprint Spark" (LTE Tri-Band) update to the phone. I know for sure that Samsung and Sprint did that for the S4, so they probably did that for the SIII as well.

But at this point, if you're shopping for a new Galaxy S Series phone, just go for the S5. Not only is it an all around better phone than the SIII, it's STILL receiving updates from Samsung and the carriers, which is impressive for a 3-year old Android phone!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Since you're looking at CDMA phones, most likely the SIII Enhanced is a second, newer version that was a "Sprint Spark" (LTE Tri-Band) update to the phone. I know for sure that Samsung and Sprint did that for the S4, so they probably did that for the SIII as well.

But at this point, if you're shopping for a new Galaxy S Series phone, just go for the S5. Not only is it an all around better phone than the SIII, it's STILL receiving updates from Samsung and the carriers, which is impressive for a 3-year old Android phone!
    There is a Sprint S3 tri-LTE-band model - SPH-L710T. The original S3 (SPH-L710) was single LTE band 25. Don't know if that is what FP means by "Enhanced". I would ask them.

The S3 does not use an ICCID "SIM". It is built in the phone.

I have a S3. It is still a nice phone. I'm not sure I would pay $80 for one now though. The battery is a crapshoot in a five year old phone unless it has already been replaced recently. A good replacement is $15-$30.

With FP we also have the choice of GSM which uses AT&T. AT&T beats Sprint everywhere I go. GSM opens up a whole world of phones to use. Carrier locked AT&T and GoPhones will work with FP GSM.