Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2GB bonus on $50/7GB plan (not Walmart)

Feedback Score

2GB bonus on $50/7GB plan (not Walmart)

I was previously on the $50/5GB plan and then switched to the $70/10GB for just one month. After I switched, Verizon announced the new $50/7GB plan.

I waited for my plan to expire and chatted with Verizon to switch my plan from the 10GB plan to the new 7GB plan.

When I did that, they asked if I wanted the promotional 2GB extra which would make my total be 9GB for $50. I obviously said yes, and asked them to add that to my wife's number too which they did.

I've confirmed on their website that I now have 9GB's.

I then paid for the refill via callingmart.com and paid just $47.53 per line total.

Much better than paying for anything at Walmart and paying taxes on top of the $50.

Just thought I'd share in case others didn't know about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Have unlimited for $80 a month. But might be interested in 9gb for $50. Does that allow tether if all your data up to 9gb? And what specific do you ask for when signing up?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Have unlimited for $80 a month. But might be interested in 9gb for $50. Does that allow tether if all your data up to 9gb? And what specific do you ask for when signing up?

First, you could get the same deal from Walmart (I can't confirm as I've never looked, but others have said it's still available). But getting the 2GB's this way was cheaper for me since I'd have to pay $50 plus tax at Walmart.

Maybe it would be possible to combine these deals and get a total of 11GB if Verizon were to offer you the promotion and then bought the +2GB card at Walmart.

Secondly, tethering should work on this new plan but I haven't tried it yet so I can't yet confirm.

Third, I didn't even ask for it. When I chatted with Verizon when changing my plan, they just offered it to me.

Feedback Score
    Just noticed this...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ew-50-7GB-Plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just setup a new account for my brother activating a SIM I had laying around on the 7 GB plan then got on chat and they added the 2 GB bonus no issue except they said it won't show up til the next billing cycle. I asked if they could add 2 GB's this month and they said my account is too new to do any changes like that(???).

Feedback Score
    I had Verizon prepaid service for exactly 1 month when I chatted with them. At least you got the extra data. Now you can pay for your plans at callingmart.com and save some money on your refills.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Plan renewed today. Extra plan data I had did not carry over...

I’m assume it’s probably because of the plan change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post

Same here. Plan change was in mid-cycle, and as noted earlier, I did get the extra 2 GB when I switched.

When I noticed that the data was 7 GB even, I called and got an additional 1 GB bonus after pointing that out. (And, by the way, I got the best CS rep EVER.)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post

Also worth mentioning that your bonus data does not roll over so if you had 2 GB or less remaining that would explain it. Unfortunately from what I have seen with my account it looks like they use the main plan data first followed by the bonus data and lastly they use the roll over data

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I just called about not having any carryover since I switched to the 7GB, $50 plan in early June. And they said that I will also be getting the 2GB of bonus data each month. That it should show up later this month. Although I'm still trying to get my carryover data. Since I was on the $50 5GB plan prior, I should at least have 5GB to carry over. I ended June with over 8GB of data left.

Feedback Score
    What was their reason for you not getting your carryover data?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post
    What was their reason for you not getting your carryover data?

That I switched in the middle of the cycle. They wanted to steal $40 from me by not giving me at least the 5GB of carryover I would have had from the old plan. And the CSR kept saying they couldn't add it but that I would be getting the 2GB of bonus data within 30 days. Finally the CSR got a manager and the manager added the 5GB to my plan. So now I have the 7GB I started the month with plus the 5GB they added. Which is what I should have had to begin with.

I didn't expect to have the 7GB of data rolled over since I did switch to the new $50 plan several weeks ago. But I did expect to at least have my 5GB of data rolled over. Especially since I ended June with over 8GB of data left on my account. Otherwise for me to add 5GB of data back to my account would have cost me around $40. So I was not very happy when she was telling me this. I only wish they would have added the 5GB right off the bat to save me over 30 minutes on the phone.

And hopefully the 2GB of bonus data actually starts showing up like the CSR said it would.

Feedback Score
    I wish I would have kept pushing to keep my carryover data when I changed plans.

I too had around 7GB's out of 10 left, but they told me the same thing that it wouldn't carry over since I was changing plans. Unfortunately, I just accepted it.

It doesn't look like it'll make much of a difference for me though, because out of my 7+2 GB's, I've used 300 MB in around 2 weeks and I doubt my usage will be any higher over the next couple of weeks. I'd guess my ending usage will be around 1GB, but since I won't be able to rollover the bonus data I'll only have 7GB's to rollover.

If my usage continues like this, maybe I'll switch to the 3GB plan (and hopefully it also has the 2GB bonus, just in case).

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I didn't expect to need it. But I liked having that extra amount there, just in case I needed it. Otherwise if it wasn't there, and I needed more data, I would need to pay extra.

EDIT: Plus I just read this on my account.

**Carryover takes place if you renew on time. Carryover does not expire as long as you stay active on a monthly plan that offers Carryover. You can only Carryover the amount of gigs on your monthly plan.
    So according to that, I should have had the carryover any way.

Feedback Score

Has anyone started using the app KICKBIT at all? Supposedly it will give you credit points towards getting more data gigs on the 7GB plan?

Also of note -- switched from Verizon UNLIMITED post pay, to Verizon prepay. As I already had no contract on post pay and owned my BYOP had no problem with the switch. But did have to pay last months bill of June 2017 for $80. New account for July 2017 cost $55 with all fees to set up 7GB account prepaid. Also was able to set up the extra 2GB bonus (total 9GB) monthly starting next month in August 2017. Used the smart pay service the buy $50 card for $47 and applied that to the account. So should not have to pay until around September 2017.

Prepay includes all the data on TETHER HOTSPOT. So no issues if I need to use a laptop or tablet for a quick connection; or to watch a movie in my RV. And can roll over any data less than 7GB used, up to a 90 day bank window.

Think STRAIGHT TALK (via Verizon cell towers) gives you only 8gb for $45 and no tethering, and no roll over data.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast