Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2GB bonus on $50/7GB plan (not Walmart)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I didn't expect to need it. But I liked having that extra amount there, just in case I needed it. Otherwise if it wasn't there, and I needed more data, I would need to pay extra.

EDIT: Plus I just read this on my account.

So according to that, I should have had the carryover any way.
    Renewing on time was not possible for me since they don't allow more than 1 plan switch per plan period. I started with the 5GB plan, then switched to the 10GB plan due to vacation. Afterwards they announced the new 7GB plan, but since I had already changed plans I had to wait until my plan completely expired and lost service before I could change plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Has anyone started using the app KICKBIT at all? Supposedly it will give you credit points towards getting more data gigs on the 7GB plan?

Also of note -- switched from Verizon UNLIMITED post pay, to Verizon prepay. As I already had no contract on post pay and owned my BYOP had no problem with the switch. But did have to pay last months bill of June 2017 for $80. New account for July 2017 cost $55 with all fees to set up 7GB account prepaid. Also was able to set up the extra 2GB bonus (total 9GB) monthly starting next month in August 2017. Used the smart pay service the buy $50 card for $47 and applied that to the account. So should not have to pay until around September 2017.

Prepay includes all the data on TETHER HOTSPOT. So no issues if I need to use a laptop or tablet for a quick connection; or to watch a movie in my RV. And can roll over any data less than 7GB used, up to a 90 day bank window.

Think STRAIGHT TALK (via Verizon cell towers) gives you only 8gb for $45 and no tethering, and no roll over data.

What is the smart pay service you're talking about? I used callingmart.com.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post
    What is the smart pay service you're talking about? I used callingmart.com.

Just used the wrong name. I use callingmart now. Found a coupon for an extra few percentage off. Working well. No roaming issues at all so far (per another note questioning that)

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I am on the $40, 3GB Prepaid plan. I was just chatting with Verizon and asked if there was any bonus data available for the $40 plan. Gave the rep my account info and he came back and said that my account qualifies for the 2GB promotion. He said I would get 2GB extra every month and it would be effective from the next billing cycle on. My plan renews in 6 days, so I guess I will have to wait until then to see if the extra 2GB shows up. Pretty cool though if it works!

Feedback Score
    Nice! Congrats!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

2GB bonus on $50/7GB plan (not Walmart)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman22 View Post
    I am on the $40, 3GB Prepaid plan. I was just chatting with Verizon and asked if there was any bonus data available for the $40 plan. Gave the rep my account info and he came back and said that my account qualifies for the 2GB promotion. He said I would get 2GB extra every month and it would be effective from the next billing cycle on. My plan renews in 6 days, so I guess I will have to wait until then to see if the extra 2GB shows up. Pretty cool though if it works!
    A rep told me it’s only 1 GB. But if you can get 2, awesome!!

Verizon iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black & Verizon iPad Pro 9.7 32 GB Space Gray
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenman22 View Post
    Thats interesting you mention that, i checked the wifes account and she just started a new today with a total of 5.55 GB available. I know she was getting low on data and positive she didnt have 1 GB rollover to today. So maybe 3 GB plan + 2 GB Bonus + .55 GB rollover. I'm not positive but seems like 2 GB were applied.

Feedback Score
    Speaking of bonus data can anyone get it at this point without the Walmart SIM card? Seems like reps are just adding it without needing the sim now

Device(s)
    Moto E4 (XT1767PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Speaking of bonus data can anyone get it at this point without the Walmart SIM card? Seems like reps are just adding it without needing the sim now
    I do not have a Walmart SIM and did not even mention anything about the Walmart promo to the chat rep. Just asked about bonus data and he offered up the 2GB extra. Seems like your assessment is accurate to me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Thats interesting you mention that, i checked the wifes account and she just started a new today with a total of 5.55 GB available. I know she was getting low on data and positive she didnt have 1 GB rollover to today. So maybe 3 GB plan + 2 GB Bonus + .55 GB rollover. I'm not positive but seems like 2 GB were applied.
    Did she switch from the $50 plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    Did she switch from the $50 plan?
    Nope $40 plan is all we have ever been on.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Nope $40 plan is all we have ever been on.
    Ahh ok. I switched from the $50 to the $40 plan just now and my renewal date is in 5 days. I have been getting the bonus data so we'll see if it works.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    Ahh ok. I switched from the $50 to the $40 plan just now and my renewal date is in 5 days. I have been getting the bonus data so we'll see if it works.
    Keep us updated! If I can get 5 GB I think I’ll make the switch myself.

Verizon iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black & Verizon iPad Pro 9.7 32 GB Space Gray

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    From the homepage of your account, you will see on the right side, "Your Account Balance", click on view balance details, then click the credits tab. That will show what bonus GB you have received.

If MayorOfSexyTown can check, we will know for sure what GB amount, will be given, if on the $40 plan. :-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
    From the homepage of your account, you will see on the right side, "Your Account Balance", click on view balance details, then click the credits tab. That will show what bonus GB you have received.

If MayorOfSexyTown can check, we will know for sure what GB amount, will be given, if on the $40 plan. :-)
    Ah good info! I didnt know how to check. This is really weird though, it lists 2 separate 1 GB Bonus that both occurred at 4:45 am. It looks like I received an extra 2 GB of free data but it lists them as 1 GB in two separate transactions. Im 99% sure based on that I received 2 free GBs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast