Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $300 off S8 and S8+ Direct from Samsung only. $100 off, plus $200 trade-in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy27 View Post
    I spoke to Samsung on the phone to see if there's a update to my escalation. The rep told me that they will probably not get a response back until after my RMA is expired so it's best for me to just return it. They are getting too many complaints to get back to.
    I'm sorry to hear that, coolguy27; that really sucks. Only slight positive is at least it seems they are not going to give you trouble about returning the Samsung. Mine came today, and I almost feel like returning it without even trying the trade-in thing..but I will try.

Where does it say anything about how long you have to return the Samsung? I don't see any info on this.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    Glad to hear things went well for you! I hope for the same!

And you got Orchid Gray--awesome! Only the black was available when I ordered. Any idea what case you will be getting?
    I put off ordering the unlocked version and they dropped it from the rebate program before I could order one, so I ordered one for AT&T and got the orchid gray. I only use Otterbox Defender cases. Had one on my IPhone 6s, and now have one on my S8.

Feedback Score
    Well, this is lovely. I have until 8/2 to return the new Samsung and have not received an e-mail saying if they have accepted my trade-in or not. They received it Tuesday afternoon and its now Friday afternoon. So by Tuesday, if I don't hear anything, not sure what to do about returning the Samsung. I called Samsung today and no one could tell me the status of the trade-in. They said that's a warehouse thing and they don't get the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    Well, this is lovely. I have until 8/2 to return the new Samsung and have not received an e-mail saying if they have accepted my trade-in or not. They received it Tuesday afternoon and its now Friday afternoon. So by Tuesday, if I don't hear anything, not sure what to do about returning the Samsung. I called Samsung today and no one could tell me the status of the trade-in. They said that's a warehouse thing and they don't get the info.
    Do u have to send back the phone by the 2nd or do u have to initiate the return by the 2nd?
    You have 15 days to initiate the return and 15 days to send it back.
    If u haven't initiate yet you should do so and if you get denied you can still send it back but if it gets accepted u just keep it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy27 View Post
    Do u have to send back the phone by the 2nd or do u have to initiate the return by the 2nd?
    You have 15 days to initiate the return and 15 days to send it back.
    If u haven't initiate yet you should do so and if you get denied you can still send it back but if it gets accepted u just keep it.
    Thanks! The 2nd will be 15 days since I received the phone.
    So, that would mean I just have to initiate the return by then? I asked the person I talked to on the phone, but she didn't know. I do see that it says on the general returns section of the website 15 days to initiate the return and 15 days to send it back, so hopefully they would honor that...they just seem to have been so dishonest about this whole thing (not accepting so many people's phones for no real good reasons).

Coolguy27, did they accept you return yet? My other fear is that they will say its broken if I return. I haven;t even taken the thing out of the package yet because I don't want to mess with it. OTOH, if I do keep it, I need to check it out to make sure it works!

Feedback Score
    Coolguy 27, has your return been accepted? I still have not heard if my trade-is in accepted, so I requested my return label. They only gave m 10 days to return, and unless I get confirmation my trade in was accepted I will be returning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2