Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: $300 off S8 and S8+ Direct from Samsung only. $100 off, plus $200 trade-in.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,450
    Feedback Score
    0

    $300 off S8 and S8+ Direct from Samsung only. $100 off, plus $200 trade-in.

    Quite a good deal for an S8 or S8+. $100 off sale, plus $200 trade in of a working, undamaged, smart phone.

    That brings the 64GB S8 down to $425, and the 64GB S8+ down to $525.

    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/pho...n-10+11+hv1rp/
    http://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/

    I guess sales are slow or they're trying to sell a lot of these prior to the iPhone 8 release in a few months.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    52
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    I saw that this morning. I have a LG Risio I bought from Cricket that I think I will trade in and get an unlocked S8 for $425, then sell my Iphone 6s locally. Sounds like a good way to get the latest Samsung flagship. Only reason I went from Android to Apple was so that I can facetime with grand daughter. Didn't know you could video chat in messenger until my son informed me of that, so I may just make the switch!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,450
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bricks1343 View Post
    I saw that this morning. I have a LG Risio I bought from Cricket that I think I will trade in and get an unlocked S8 for $425, then sell my Iphone 6s locally. Sounds like a good way to get the latest Samsung flagship. Only reason I went from Android to Apple was so that I can facetime with grand daughter. Didn't know you could video chat in messenger until my son informed me of that, so I may just make the switch!
    My son ordered one. He had an LG G4 that was boot-looping (2nd one). Amex refunded the purchase price as part of their extended warranty coverage, nearly $480. The S8 was $425 plus tax; it's on back-order, since as you can imagine a LOT of people are taking advantage of this deal, but he's got another phone to use in the meantime.

    I think that Samsung's marketing looked at what's coming soon from other manufacturers (Pixel 2, iPhone 8, LG V30) and decided to try to grab that market share in advance.

    There are several cross-platform apps that provide similar functionality to Facetime.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    52
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, I waited too long to take advantage of the extra $100 discount. Went to Samsung website this morning and the extra $100 discount has now ended. Procrastination is killing me, and looks like it just cost me $100. Maybe it saved me $425! I have a good phone, just thought I would like to have something a little newer and better. May wait again and see if anything else comes up. Need to order before the $200 trade-in allowance ends though if I am going to order!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am so bummed and frustrated about the removal of the $100 discount, although I suppose they are entitled to do that. I was out of town this weekend, and was going to get on this when I got back--in fact I even picked up a cheap smart phone for the trade in part, not realizing that I didn't need to send the phone in right away. Actually, I thought I had seen something saying the offer was good until 6/3. Anyway, I sprang for an S8 even with the extra $100. I had finally settled on this phone, and $200 off is still the best deal around. It says the phone is backordered and they won't have it for 2-3 weeks, so I just hope it not longer than that AND it also says that the customer pays the balance of the $200 if they don't accept your trade in for any reason (minus maybe $25), so I sure hope they don't get weird about that and say the phone I bought/will send doesnt qualify..Its a brand new gophone. Cheap, but still a smartphone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    52
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just now looked at the Samsung website, and they have removed the $200 trade in allowance for any brand smart phone on the unlocked S8! You have to trade in a Galaxy 6, 6 Edge, 7, 7 Edge, or Note 5 to get any trade in value on the unlocked S8. Guess I should have bought one last week. It still allows you to trade in any smart phone on the AT&T version and get $200 trade in, so I can always get an AT&T version and use it on Cricket and still get the $200 trade in. Sure wish they would quit changing things so quickly!

    The longer I wait, the more expensive this is getting!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    241
    Feedback Score
    0
    That for US peeps

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got this deal and sent in my old phone. It was fully working and no physical damage.
    Received a email today saying my trade in was denied and will be charged $175!
    I've read on other forums that alot of people have been denied on their trade in.

    I gave samsung a call, the rep said I was not on some kind of list which is good and it was most likely a mistake. He said the tech will recheck the phone and will get back to me.
    I have until Tuesday for the 15 day return policy.

    I think this is a scam samsung is running! So disappointed in them. Been a customer since the S3!

    Anyone else getting screwed on this trade in deal?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=coolguy27;16877508]I got this deal and sent in my old phone. It was fully working and no physical damage.
    Received a email today saying my trade in was denied and will be charged $175!
    I've read on other forums that alot of people have been denied on their trade in.

    I gave samsung a call, the rep said I was not on some kind of list which is good and it was most likely a mistake. He said the tech will recheck the phone and will get back to me.
    I have until Tuesday for the 15 day return policy.

    I think this is a scam samsung is running! So disappointed in them. Been a customer since the S3!

    Anyone else getting screwed on this trade in deal?[/QUOTe


    Like you, I got the deal but am still waiting for my photo to arrive; it has shipped
    I also recently saw the on-line.posts regarding people not getting the trade in credit and I am sorry they are giving you a hard time as well
    That is just wrong. I will definitely be returning the Samsung phone if they don't accept my trade in. Please post what happens with your situation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,450
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy27 View Post
    I got this deal and sent in my old phone. It was fully working and no physical damage.
    Received a email today saying my trade in was denied and will be charged $175!
    I've read on other forums that alot of people have been denied on their trade in.

    I gave samsung a call, the rep said I was not on some kind of list which is good and it was most likely a mistake. He said the tech will recheck the phone and will get back to me.
    I have until Tuesday for the 15 day return policy.

    I think this is a scam samsung is running! So disappointed in them. Been a customer since the S3!

    Anyone else getting screwed on this trade in deal?
    After hearing all these stories, I put a hold on the credit card that I used for the purchase so they can't pull this sort of thing. I should have used a virtual credit card number which the card I used offers, but I didn't think of that at the time. If they say that they are denying the trade in then I'll have to cancel that credit card and get a new credit card number.

    I had my son take photos of the phone to show that it was not damaged and that it booted up. It was a Moto G (1st generation) that had been in a case, and had a screen protector on it, since day one.

    Did Samsung think that people were going to send in valuable used phones worth more than $200?

    If Samsung tried to pull this before I put the hold on the card I would have gone to small claims court.

    I get the feeling that this whole trade-in program was not well thought out by Samsung and they didn't realize that so many people had older phones, in perfectly good condition, to trade in.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    After hearing all these stories, I put a hold on the credit card that I used for the purchase so they can't pull this sort of thing. I should have used a virtual credit card number which the card I used offers, but I didn't think of that at the time. If they say that they are denying the trade in then I'll have to cancel that credit card and get a new credit card number.

    I had my son take photos of the phone to show that it was not damaged and that it booted up. It was a Moto G (1st generation) that had been in a case, and had a screen protector on it, since day one.

    Did Samsung think that people were going to send in valuable used phones worth more than $200?

    If Samsung tried to pull this before I put the hold on the card I would have gone to small claims court.

    I get the feeling that this whole trade-in program was not well thought out by Samsung and they didn't realize that so many people had older phones, in perfectly good condition, to trade in.

    Good idea. My credit card has already been charged and the phone should be here tomorrow. I plan on sending my trade in to see what happens. If they don't take it, I am going to try returning and if that does not work for any reason, I will use the benefit on my credit card that allows you to return things or contest charges.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,450
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    Good idea. My credit card has already been charged and the phone should be here tomorrow. I plan on sending my trade in to see what happens. If they don't take it, I am going to try returning and if that does not work for any reason, I will use the benefit on my credit card that allows you to return things or contest charges.
    I just wanted to avoid having to go through an argument with the credit card company and/or Samsung. They may have instructed whoever is processing the trade-ins to reject certain handsets based on their wholesale value to the companies that buy them and sell them through various channels. Certainly a four year old, 1st generation, Moto G is worth very little on the used market, maybe $5.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    52
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    I sent my trade-in to Samsung a few days after I got my phone. Think I sent it on July 3rd. This is the email reply got back from them on July 12th:

    "We’re happy to inform you that your Trade-In was successful and your device met all of our product eligibility criteria. We hope you’re enjoying your new Galaxy S8 64GB (AT&T) Orchid Gray. Thank you for participating in the Samsung Trade-In Program. No further action is needed at this point."

    My trade in was a LG Risio from Cricket that was still locked to Cricket Wireless.

    Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bricks1343 View Post
    I sent my trade-in to Samsung a few days after I got my phone. Think I sent it on July 3rd. This is the email reply got back from them on July 12th:

    "We’re happy to inform you that your Trade-In was successful and your device met all of our product eligibility criteria. We hope you’re enjoying your new Galaxy S8 64GB (AT&T) Orchid Gray. Thank you for participating in the Samsung Trade-In Program. No further action is needed at this point."

    My trade in was a LG Risio from Cricket that was still locked to Cricket Wireless.

    Guess I was one of the lucky ones.
    Glad to hear things went well for you! I hope for the same!

    And you got Orchid Gray--awesome! Only the black was available when I ordered. Any idea what case you will be getting?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    I spoke to Samsung on the phone to see if there's a update to my escalation. The rep told me that they will probably not get a response back until after my RMA is expired so it's best for me to just return it. They are getting too many complaints to get back to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great Phones We Unlock: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
    By UnlockBase.com in forum UnlockBase - Cell Phone Unlock Codes Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2017, 09:00 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2017, 04:20 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2017, 11:35 PM
  4. Meet Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
    By acurrie in forum Samsung
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2017, 07:31 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 11:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks