Thread: 200mb/mo promo SIM locked to one device?

Feedback Score

200mb/mo promo SIM locked to one device?

Is the 200MB/mo promo SIM locked to one device or not? I know they shut me down for having it in a phone which IS against the terms but now I want to upgrade my Nexus 7 to a iPad Mini and still get data now and again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Is the 200MB/mo promo SIM locked to one device or not? I know they shut me down for having it in a phone which IS against the terms but now I want to upgrade my Nexus 7 to a iPad Mini and still get data now and again.
    Contact customer service tell them you want to swap device for the 200mb sim give them the imei of the iPad mini

Feedback Score
    This is how my experience went. When I put the SIM in it came right up saying T-Mobile LTE etc, but no data worked. Having had Apple stuff before I synced it with iTunes and sure enough it asked if I wanted a carrier update, said yes to that but still no data. Simply left the SIM in the iPad over night and data worked the next morning.

Before when this SIM got shut down by having it in an unauthorized device it took a day to get shut down and another day of being in the right device before it worked again.

I'd say the trick here is a little patience with T-Mobile.

The 200MB free plus buy up more data SIM sure is convenient, too bad they killed it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I was just going to say that was very good advice, to wait. I transferred a sim card from a Nexus tablet to an IPad mini. It started working after about a day, today. Just read that your sim data stopped working , will stay tuned to see how this turns out.

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    I recall when signing up that 200mb free was good for the life of the device. Nothing mentioned about moving to another device. If anyone has been successful for more than a few days, please post!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    My experience is that the sim is locked to the initial device, no free monthly data if you move to new device, other than potentially a bit after you first make the switch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It is locked to the one device. They will shut it down after a day or two.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, had an iPad Pro swapped under warranty and my SIM was useless after that. Of course, this also happened about two weeks after the plan ended for new devices...never was able to get it working again and customer service (phone and via twitter) had no idea about the plan.

Feedback Score
    i have the Alcatel pop 7 prepaid on the free data for life plan that was replaced under warranty.

originally they told me to keep the old sim card and cable and power adapter and just send back the tablet which is what i did.

they sent me a complete new box with all new stuff.

they told me they would transfer my account to the new sim and i should use the new sim.

However, i tried the old sim first and it worked fine so i never tried the new sim.

so in my case it seems it was not locked to the device.