Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a name for new Sprint-T-mobile entity?

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile. And sell the Sprint name for what 25 million to 100 million dollars. Oh & keep Paul & change his yellow sweater for a TM mauve sweater.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    Hahaha, why not? Lol have an old guy named Fred in a recliner, have a fireplace, a mismatched couch in there from the 70's, have the old guy talking about how in his day they didn't have these fancy things such as cell phones, if they wanted to talk to someone they walked the 9 miles to their house to give them the message, in the snow, uphill, then for no reason he just starts rambling about WW2, WW1, then just falls asleep while the screen shows "FRED WIRELESS A DIFFERENT KIND OF WIRELESS". Would work. Instantly people would trust Fred. Hire old guys as c.s. agents, have them all say their name is Fred when they answer the phone. Who would argue with their Grandpa Fred? Nobody. Also the public tends to turn on giant corporations, T-Mobile liked to play the little guy thing all the time. They always threw it out there they were against the duopoly as they called them. When you are as big as them it's hard to play the small guy anymore. But not Fred's wireless, give the illusion it's just ran by good ole Grandpa Fred, he even answers the phone calls by himself. Just an old guy, trying to give wireless service to people.
    That's actually a great idea. It's kind of like Cl. Sanders from KFC. People trust this old guy because he's the face of the company. Meanwhile, at the farms, they're bashing chickens heads against the wall and using antibiotics/growth hormones and substandard quality ingredients. Yet, people still assume it's good because of Sanders. And it's fried "Kentucky style" even though they can't say that lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    What should the new merged entity be called?
    Which name has the better name recognition?
    What of the yellow and Magenta Colors?
    Should the new company just be called T-Mobile? Or Sprint?
    Or SprinT-Mobile?
    Or SoftBank D.T.? Or something like Nextel, Boost, Clear or MetroPCS?

I like the SoftBank name. SoftBank Telekom?
    I'd simply call it an even bigger failure.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Shilohcane Mobile
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Shilohcane Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Shilohcane Mobile
    That's funny. Lol took me a second to get it. Think of the possibilities, the head engineer is the buddy who owns a cell tower company, if someone calls into customer service with an issue instantly tell that customer they are lying and are being paid to call in and say they have an issue. Then when the customer says no im one of your customers look, tell the customer to just leave and go to another over priced network, then email that customer 100 press releases from your company saying how great it is. I'm starting to dig it 😃😃😃😃😁

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    That's funny. Lol took me a second to get it. Think of the possibilities, the head engineer is the buddy who owns a cell tower company, if someone calls into customer service with an issue instantly tell that customer they are lying and are being paid to call in and say they have an issue. Then when the customer says no im one of your customers look, tell the customer to just leave and go to another over priced network, then email that customer 100 press releases from your company saying how great it is. I'm starting to dig it
    T-Shilohcane is another possibility.... I'm sure DT wouldn't mind naming its multi billion dollar company after it's number one fanboy.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If a merger happens it will be called T-Mobile.

However, if Sprint had a say, they'd probably choose something like RadioShack Mobile. LOL

A good name for anything involving Sprint would be Broken Promises Mobile or Decade of Mistakes Mobile.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    If this does happen , Ill have a Sprint and a TMobile line since I have a Sprint sim on the way. Would be the first time I have a phone with two companies that are merging
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    It'll be interesting to see if any marketing remnants of Sprint are left in place.
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    The American arm of German parent DT's (T-Mobile) is their pride and joy. With renewed focus on merging instead of selling I'm betting the combined entity will retain the name T-Mobile. They see a way to be a strong competitor to the current duopoly for both consumer and B2B with the largest spectrum holdings and first nationwide 5G network.
    Soon there will be a tri-opoly!

Yes, keep the T-Mobile name. It has a growing positive reputation in the US.

Ditch the Sprint name as soon as possible, with its reputation for bad coverage and customer-repellent phone locking. In fact, T-Mobile should keep it secret that it has anything to do with Sprint!

Feedback Score
    The American arm of German parent DT's (T-Mobile) is their pride and joy. With renewed focus on merging instead of selling I'm betting the combined entity will retain the name T-Mobile. They see a way to be a strong competitor to the current duopoly for both consumer and B2B with the largest spectrum holdings and first nationwide 5G network.

Ditch the Sprint name as soon as possible, with its reputation for bad coverage and customer-repellent phone locking. In fact, T-Mobile should keep it secret that it has anything to do with Sprint!

The Softbank name is a no-go. It denotes mushy finances.

Feedback Score

The Softbank name is a no-go. It denotes mushy finances.

Feedback Score
    According to
    http://trycolors.com/
    when you evenly mix magenta and yellow, you get this, which looks to be a sort of salmon, actually.
    Name:  tmobile.png
Views: 248
Size:  1.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Clearly Sprint brand name is not very valuable. http://www.ibtimes.com/sprint-corp-s...-value-1806720

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast