Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a name for new Sprint-T-mobile entity?

Feedback Score
    I think they should call it Connected, because there will have a CDMA Network and GSM, I think I will call it connected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    According to
    http://trycolors.com/
    when you evenly mix magenta and yellow, you get this, which looks to be a sort of salmon, actually.
    Attachment 152161
    That Salmon Color is unique..."Not quite Orange Wireless"

Feedback Score

Suggestions for a name for new Sprint-T-mobile entity?

Quote Originally Posted by Technologe0 View Post
    I think they should call it Connected, because there will have a CDMA Network and GSM, I think I will call it connected.
    I like that name. The slogans could be multiple variations "Get Connected, Be Connected, Stay Connected."

It would different like a Carrier name actually describing the service they provide, although T-Mobile kind of sounds like a Mobile Telephone.
    Not sure what picture a Verizon draws in your mind, rhymes with horizon.
    AT&T is virtually a meaningless jumble of a Vowel two consonants and an ampersand.
    Well Sprint reminds of me of what the Network designers were thinking when they plotted the locations of the tower sites. They are so far apart you have to Sprint from one to another.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    With the momentum T-Mobile has these days no way I'd call it anything but T-Mobile

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If Sprint/ Softbank ends up buying T-Mobile US would the new company be forced to use the Sprint name or re brand? Deutsche Telekom own the T-Mobile brand so I wonder if DT would license it out to the new company or force them to re brand or use the Sprint name. It would be funny if they merged and became the "New Cingular"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    We'll remain T-Mobile until the combined entity gets bought by Charter and then we'll be called Spectrum Wireless.
    You might get your wish...with the Comcast Charter talks.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    If Sprint/ Softbank ends up buying T-Mobile US would the new company be forced to use the Sprint name or re brand? Deutsche Telekom own the T-Mobile brand so I wonder if DT would license it out to the new company or force them to re brand or use the Sprint name. It would be funny if they merged and became the "New Cingular"

No, actually it isn't Sprint buying T-Mobile it's T-Mobile buying Sprint. If it even happens.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    No, actually it isn't Sprint buying T-Mobile it's T-Mobile buying Sprint. If it even happens.

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app
    That would make more financial sense.

Feedback Score
    I think Sprint has too much debt to be worth much. Afair Sprint has around $50 billion USD in debt. A lot is "spun" off debt but Sprint is responsible.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like maybe T-Mobile wasn't that interested

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Sounds like maybe T-Mobile wasn't that interested

Curious, what you are basing that off of? Not saying they are or aren't interested I don't know but nothing's came out saying they weren't. If you mean the Comcast talks that are being reported between sprint and comcast the full story from the source of it kind explains the intent of it as a softener for getting a Sprint T-Mobile merger passed. Now this is just a source and sources could be wrong, but it's also the only evidence we have that Comcast and Sprint are talking. So if we are going to take their word on that they are talking we need to take their word on the intent of the talks.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    It's hard to know for sure. My guess is maybe T-Mobile stalled to try and get a better deal later on but that's just a guess. It could be all a part of the sprint/T-Mobile strategy though.

The one thing that is clear to me is that Sprint seems to need tmobile a lot more than tmobile needs sprint. Also I think quite a few companies are looking to see how the att time deal goes. If that gets approved I wouldn't be surprised to see more deals

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    It's hard to know for sure. My guess is maybe T-Mobile stalled to try and get a better deal later on but that's just a guess. It could be all a part of the sprint/T-Mobile strategy though.

The one thing that is clear to me is that Sprint seems to need tmobile a lot more than tmobile needs sprint. Also I think quite a few companies are looking to see how the att time deal goes. If that gets approved I wouldn't be surprised to see more deals

When all you have to go on is sources and rumors it makes it hard to say one way or another what each side is thinking, but if it is indeed a stock only deal on the table for T-Mobile to acquire sprint, they'd be silly to pass that up. I see it as they both really could use each other. There's no doubt T-Mobile could use Sprints spectrum portfolio going forward, there's no doubt they could use, what 7 billion a quarter in service revenue sprint takes in. I'm sure they'd love both of those things. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if the Comcast sprint talk rumors are true, if tmobile is also behind those talks. It would make sense, they may of found out there would be some pushback from the doj or fcc and decided to basically create competition by offering xfinity a cheaper rate so they could come in at a lower price point then go to Washington saying see, there's competition. This wouldn't shock me. It also wouldn't shock me if none of this were true and none of these companies had any intentions of ever merging. It's all speculation really.

Feedback Score
    MorningStar
    http://quicktake.morningstar.com/sto....aspx?symbol=s
    2 to 1 debt to assets.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    Curious, what you are basing that off of? Not saying they are or aren't interested I don't know but nothing's came out saying they weren't. If you mean the Comcast talks that are being reported between sprint and comcast the full story from the source of it kind explains the intent of it as a softener for getting a Sprint T-Mobile merger passed. Now this is just a source and sources could be wrong, but it's also the only evidence we have that Comcast and Sprint are talking. So if we are going to take their word on that they are talking we need to take their word on the intent of the talks.
    Sprint is in the middle of a 60 day exclusive negotiating period with Comcast and Charter per David Faber of CNBC this morning. I think an MVNO agreement with Sprint would be the only possible results of the talks. Sprint is probably still hoping to merge with T-Mobile. They're definitely interested.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast