Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 84

Thread: Suggestions for a name for new Sprint-T-mobile entity?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Titanic Telekom

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    Sprint is in the middle of a 60 day exclusive negotiating period with Comcast and Charter per David Faber of CNBC this morning. I think an MVNO agreement with Sprint would be the only possible results of the talks. Sprint is probably still hoping to merge with T-Mobile. They're definitely interested.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I think that's the intentions of the talk also, if true and they are indeed seriously talking about an mvno agreement i think both Sprint and T-Mobile got the impression there was going to be some legislative pushback from Washington because of lack of competition and are in a way creating their own competitor with this. Offer Comcast a cheap mvno agreement, Comcast lowers the pricing on xfinity mobile, they gain a new mvno and more importantly when they go to Washington with the tmobile sprint merger proposal they say look, there's competition. You have att, Verizon, American Movil with all their mvno's and now xfinity mobile who just lowered there rates. If that is their plan, it's crafty I give them that. If that is the plan also I have no doubt T-Mobile is well aware of the talks and is 100% backing them in the talks.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    980
    Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    I think that's the intentions of the talk also, if true and they are indeed seriously talking about an mvno agreement i think both Sprint and T-Mobile got the impression there was going to be some legislative pushback from Washington because of lack of competition and are in a way creating their own competitor with this. Offer Comcast a cheap mvno agreement, Comcast lowers the pricing on xfinity mobile, they gain a new mvno and more importantly when they go to Washington with the tmobile sprint merger proposal they say look, there's competition. You have att, Verizon, American Movil with all their mvno's and now xfinity mobile who just lowered there rates. If that is their plan, it's crafty I give them that. If that is the plan also I have no doubt T-Mobile is well aware of the talks and is 100% backing them in the talks.
    That would be a smart plan. The deal probably would get done with some provisions.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,952
    Feedback Score
    0
    No I say Sprint is trying to sell itself to Charter & Comcast. Why else would it be exclusive 60 days.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,356
    Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    No I say Sprint is trying to sell itself to Charter & Comcast. Why else would it be exclusive 60 days.
    Agree, why would Sprint suspend a merger talk with T-Mobile for 2 months if it wasn't trying to get acquired by Comcast & Charter for more money?

    Any MVNO deal with Sprint by Comcast & Charter would be worthless if T-Mobile buys Sprint and shuts down the Sprint network. That would take three or more years to covert Sprint, Charter Comcast customers over to T-Mobile network like it did with MetroPCS. Also, any equity investment deal for stock between Sprint, Comcast & Charter would just kill any stock deal with DT/TMUS in a stock merger.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Agree, why would Sprint suspend a merger talk with T-Mobile for 2 months if it wasn't trying to get acquired by Comcast & Charter for more money?

    Any MVNO deal with Sprint by Comcast & Charter would be worthless if T-Mobile buys Sprint and shuts down the Sprint network. That would take three or more years to covert Sprint, Charter Comcast customers over to T-Mobile network like it did with MetroPCS. Also, any equity investment deal for stock between Sprint, Comcast & Charter would just kill any stock deal with DT/TMUS in a stock merger.
    This makes no sense as the only phones xfinity sells for their wireless service are the s7 s8 and the new iPhones. Those all would work just fine on sprint or tmobile. The only way any of this makes sense is if you completely ignore what is being reported and insert your own information in it to try to make it fit an agenda you are trying to push.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    980
    Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    This makes no sense as the only phones xfinity sells for their wireless service are the s7 s8 and the new iPhones. Those all would work just fine on sprint or tmobile. The only way any of this makes sense is if you completely ignore what is being reported and insert your own information in it to try to make it fit an agenda you are trying to push.
    I agree. Sprint is doing the exclusive period so that T-Mobile will think more parties are interested in acquiring Sprint. When Comcast and Charter aren't interested in equity or acquiring. I don't think T-Mobile will fall for it. Negotiating will continue and a deal will probably be announced by the end of the year.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,356
    Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    This makes no sense as the only phones xfinity sells for their wireless service are the s7 s8 and the new iPhones. Those all would work just fine on sprint or tmobile. The only way any of this makes sense is if you completely ignore what is being reported and insert your own information in it to try to make it fit an agenda you are trying to push.
    I'm not talking about phones that work. I am talking about the contracts between Sprint and Comcast & Charter that is for the Sprint Network not the T-Mobile network. Don't see any reason that T-Mobile should let Comcast & Charter customer to move to T-Mobile any faster than the other Sprint customers. T-Mobile network would just crash if all 58 million Sprint customers moved at the same time and people would leave the new combined company by the millions if service was bad from the customer migration.

    Also, even if the merger happened today it would take about a year for the government to approve and the deal to close. It took about three years to shut down MetroPCS network and Sprint's network is a lot more complicated with a lot more customers. The new company maybe would want to wait for the 600 Mhz spectrum in some places where T-Mobile doesn't have the spectrum for all the extra customers. Sprint's 2.5 Mhz spectrum is too expensive to deploy nation wide which is why Sprint deployed 2.5 Ghz nation wide.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I'm not talking about phones that work. I am talking about the contracts between Sprint and Comcast & Charter that is for the Sprint Network not the T-Mobile network. Don't see any reason that T-Mobile should let Comcast & Charter customer to move to T-Mobile any faster than the other Sprint customers. T-Mobile network would just crash if all 58 million Sprint customers moved at the same time and people would leave the new combined company by the millions. Also, even if the merger happened today it would take about a year for the government to approve and the deal to close. It took about three years to shut down MetroPCS network and Sprint's network is a lot more complicated with a lot more customers. I would think they would want to wait for the 600 Mhz spectrum in some places where T-Mobile doesn't have the spectrum for all the extra customers.
    You don't seem to know what you are trying to argue so you are just throwing anything at a wall to see what sticks. Let's look at what you said first. That it's worthless, then when presented with well the hardware xfinity sells is compatible it's now the agreement they signed wouldn't be worth anything? What agreement is that? Have you seen a copy of it? Ok, so why exactly would an mvno agreement with Comcast be worthless? You just made the argument on how it can be valuable yourself. Comcast can offer sprint coverage with Verizon as a fallback roaming option for a year then transition their customers over to the new Sprint/T-Mobile network. There is no hardware limitations. You just made the argument for what you originally claimed was worthless.

    You can believe what you want to believe, you're presenting your beliefs though as facts and this just isn't true because you added quite a bit of your own agenda into it and tried to present it as factual. All people can go by is what is being reported, and if you're going to believe they are indeed talking as is reported, you also go to believe the reported reason why. You just can't leave out parts and make up stuff and try to present it as thats whats going on. The truth is nobody really knows what will or won't happen and what's being said. So instead of trying to present facts that aren't facts and trying to argue about contracts that not only don't exist but you wouldn't have privilege to seeing anyway, try sticking to what is actually being reported and basing opinions on that. It also helps if you post your opinions as that, just opinions. We all have them.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,356
    Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    You don't seem to know what you are trying to argue so you are just throwing anything at a wall to see what sticks. Let's look at what you said first. That it's worthless, then when presented with well the hardware xfinity sells is compatible it's now the agreement they signed wouldn't be worth anything? What agreement is that? Have you seen a copy of it? Ok, so why exactly would an mvno agreement with Comcast be worthless? You just made the argument on how it can be valuable yourself. Comcast can offer sprint coverage with Verizon as a fallback roaming option for a year then transition their customers over to the new Sprint/T-Mobile network. There is no hardware limitations. You just made the argument for what you originally claimed was worthless.
    No you just don't know what you are talking about and just trying to pick a fight. If you think T-Mobile can just migrate the majority of Sprint's 58 million customers in a few weeks you don't know what you are talking about. We are done cause all you are looking for is a fight not a discussion.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    No you just don't know what you are talking about and just trying to pick a fight. If you think T-Mobile can just migrate the majority of Sprint's 58 million customers in a few weeks you don't know what you are talking about. We are done cause all you are looking for is a fight not a discussion.
    Why would they have to migrate anybody right away because they signed an mvno agreement with Comcast? You're not making any sense at all. I really think(and you seem to cause this issue in every thread you post in) that you don't fully read what others and yourself are saying and just throw anything out there to see what sticks. Then you just reply to one or 2 words. None of your argument makes any sense what so ever and you are jumping around topics like a dying fish.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    552
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcGreenGenes View Post
    Titanic Telekom
    Hmmmm..... reminds me of something that is the pinnacle of technology, which steams out sea, slams into an iceberg and sinks. Not sure why though...

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    552
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think the "Connected" idea was pretty good.

    T-Mobile

    ----------->Connected

    Sprint

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    552
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    According to
    http://trycolors.com/
    when you evenly mix magenta and yellow, you get this, which looks to be a sort of salmon, actually.
    Attachment 152161
    Like this one too. Not sure about the Mixed Magenta & Yellow, Salmon color.
    Name:  tmobile.png
Views: 139
Size:  1.8 KB

    I think I will stick with either "SoftBank Telekom" "Connected" or "Clear".

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    504
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why not just call it "T-Mobile?" Just eliminate any/all reference to Sprint and its bad juju.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
  2. There is a new name for BREW
    By The Roc in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2002, 11:30 AM
  3. Names for the new merged Cingular/VoiceStream
    By toomer in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-21-2002, 10:05 PM
  4. Choose a new name for Americans!
    By Her.ph in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-14-2001, 02:20 PM
  5. New name for the site
    By howard in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-27-2001, 09:49 PM

Bookmarks