Thread: Where To Purchase Keitai

Device(s)
    Alcatel OneTouch Pixi Avion, Acer 720 Chromebook, iPod touch (4th gen, I think)
    Feedback Score

Where To Purchase Keitai

I'm trying to find a good keitai but I'm unsure where to start. Any recommendations or particular sellers? I've heard of Kyoto-Exports, but are there any other sites that specialize in keitai? And would you guys recommend buying off Ebay? I've found some keitai for reasonable prices there.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuKeitai View Post
    I'm trying to find a good keitai but I'm unsure where to start. Any recommendations or particular sellers? I've heard of Kyoto-Exports, but are there any other sites that specialize in keitai? And would you guys recommend buying off Ebay? I've found some keitai for reasonable prices there.
    While I haven't personally bought anything from Kyoex, users of this forum have said they are happy with their purchases. You get a guarantee that the phone is unlocked and you even get after-sale support – for a higher price. I don't think you'll get this from your average Ebay or other-site seller. People buying from Ebay and other places have been cheated that the phone is unlocked, for instance.

For the best prices, you should try Yahoo Auctions Japan – you can buy stuff from there using an international buying/forwarding service. Buyee is one (it's advertised on Yahoo), there are others, too.

Before you buy from outside of Japan, do ask the seller to send you photos – or better yet, a video – of the phone actually working (getting signal, receiving/making a call, using mobile data). Also note the following: Docomo have been unlocking their phones since summer 2011, Softbank and AU – since summer 2015. Check when the phone was released so that you know if it is officially unlockable (using a code you can purchase online). Many Softbank Sharp phones released before Summer 2015 can also be unlocked but via a hack that involves sending the phone to the unlocker. There have been reports of unreliable unlocking for the latter method, i.e. phone losing signal, losing data connectivity.

I would strongly advise against buying a phone that unlocked with a hypersim. It can be a huge pain. If you want to be able to use mobile (carrier) data, buy an Android phone. Mobile data options and in some cases, the media player and other features are locked on earlier no-Android phones that are unlocked with a hypersim.

Of course, double check the frequencies that the phone supports and that you preferred operator works on.

You can find lots of info about Sharp smart devices (traditional non-Android flip-phones excluded) on my website.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Feedback Score
    I have Japan models for sale...softbank and docomo...all brand new..units and free case and screen protector...sim free..fully tested
    Sh01f white
    Sh04g golf
    403sh white
    402sh white
    303sh blues and white
    PM me...thx!!