Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Feedback Score
    Considering the effort Apple goes through to make their devices as thin as possible, plus their attempts to entirely eliminate physical SIMs due to their bulk, I doubt the tolerances in the SIM card tray leave much room for error.

Is there a risk? I think it's safe to say there is.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure the same risk applies to Android and other phones . iFruits don't have their own unique SIM specs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIntruder View Post
    Considering the effort Apple goes through to make their devices as thin as possible, plus their attempts to entirely eliminate physical SIMs due to their bulk, I doubt the tolerances in the SIM card tray leave much room for error.

Is there a risk? I think it's safe to say there is.

Feedback Score
    Another good reference to read before deciding to cut your own nano SIM:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/do-cu...-radosavljevik

https://www.geek.com/apple/with-the-...r-sim-1518661/

Feedback Score
    Once again, the sky seems to be falling. I've used cut sims in probably every iPhone since the 5 without a problem. I still have two cutters but the last time I used one was in 2016. I ported in a line from a prepaid flip phone to a 6S. Worked fine as usual.

Some regulars on this forum know I travel internationally some, and describe my use of prepaid data services. I currently use Keepgo and FlexiroamX. KeepGo provides a Nano sim, and FlexiroamX uses a sim sticker that rides on your sim. Their app lets you switch between sims & service on the fly. The sim sticker adds a little thickness to a standard nano. I have added & removed this paired setup from several phones & iPads without a glitch yet. About 1 out of every 5-6 swaps I might get a "No Service" notice in the status bar, but opening and closing the sim tray once seems to correct that issue. My pointed there seems to be a little more clearance that is being inferred by some, and FlexiroamX has been selling this sim sticker around the world for a while without any caveats except that older, full size SIM cards are probably too thick for their sticker.

Check out the graphics at Flexiroam and see what I'm talking about if this isn't clear.

https://www.flexiroam.com

As always, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Yep, everything's all made up about phones that have had SIMs get stuck and ruin phones. Might as well smoke two packs a day also because some do that and don't get cancer.

Feedback Score
    Right?!

Is it a risk yes it is, but nothing different than walking out your front door and dying. Not a big deal unless you make it one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yeah, so why avoid the risks you can easily avoid, because you are going to die anyway - brilliant thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro.r.perezjr View Post
    Right?!

Is it a risk yes it is, but nothing different than walking out your front door and dying. Not a big deal unless you make it one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Yeah, so why avoid the risks you can easily avoid, because you are going to die anyway - brilliant thinking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3