Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corporate stores now charge for sim cards!?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since when is paying a lot for monthly service suddenly 'not buying' something?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Since when is paying a lot for monthly service suddenly 'not buying' something?
    When you are not buying a new phone or accessory. I think that is pretty clear.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    What they should do is allow 1 free sim a year per line. I could see charging if someone needs an excessive amount

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Too many forget there is an overhead cost to have a representative provide a SIM to a customer. Granted it may not be very much, but it could result in the potential loss of a product (device or feature) sale by a representative to another customer. There are few things in life that are free.
    Now that was a good laugh In my local corporate store, an employee logs you in and continues to walk around. There may or may not be any other customers in the store. One visit I've waited a good five minutes with only one customer being helped while 3 or 4 other employees just walked around doing whatever. They go in the back to avoid anyone, then come back out to say sorry can i help you.

I'm dreading going there to get a line added, landline ported and a sim card. I'll need a beer afterwards.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And yet, that is the reality and the reason for the new corporate policy IMHO.

Sent from my SM-P900 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    nokia N75
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Is this why we have been through hell getting a new sim? My wife got new iPhone as a gift. She went to the Apple Store to exchange it for a different color and to add Apple Care. The just put her old sim in. Well, that old sim did not support wifi calling. She went to the local corp store and the rep did not change the sim and told her to go home and call customer service. We finally had them send us a new sim. I had had a sim replaced at that store a couple of months earlier without an issue. I wonder why the rep did not tell my wife she would have to pay for it? (We were not charged for the one sent FedEx)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When you are not buying a new phone or accessory. I think that is pretty clear.
    I'd beg to differ on those who pay their bills every month on time. Especially since less and less are in contracts anymore, you are basically rebuying the same thing every month from them.

It's a pretty big kick in the pants and 'up yours' if you aren't considered buying something and a paying customer who needs access to a SIM to utilize the service.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We can agree to disagree and I can live with that.

I think the reason for the new policy is too many customers requesting multiple SIM cards with no justifiable reason or notation from technical support just because they want to get a new SIM without a specific, immediate need.

Feedback Score
    We can agree to disagree and I can live with that.

I think the reason for the new policy is too many customers requesting multiple SIM cards with no justifiable reason or notation from technical support just because they want to get a new SIM without a specific, immediate need.
    I can see that.

A year or so back I'd always see people here saying to just go to a corporate store and get a free SIM card for whatever reason.

They probably had people coming in like you said wanting one just because they they were giving them away.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Feedback Score
    As part of continuous efforts to reduce fraud and control expenses, AT&T will begin charging $5 for SIM cards in certain situations.

Effective June 23, 2017, AT&T direct channels will charge $5 for a replacement SIM card in the following scenarios. Payment is required at time of order (cannot be applied to monthly bill):

•Device replacement (not purchased from AT&T) requires different SIM
    •Damaged by customer
    •Lost by customer
    •SIM / PUK blocked by customer

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the post, CallmeJake. That is essentially what I was saying.

Device(s)
    nokia N75
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Corporate stores now charge for sim cards!?

So the lesson is: If you upgrade at, for instance an Apple Store, insist they give you a new SIM.

This effected my wife & I both this year. We got new iPhones through Apple & they just placed our existing SIM cards in the new devices. Everything seemed fine until we got home and tried to activate wifi calling. That requires a newer SIM.

Feedback Score
    You can get a lot of 10 for 14.98 with free shipping from eBay. Or just 1 sim for $2.99-3.99. Also with free shipping.
    Last edited by veriztd; 07-04-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: SPAM link removed

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, enough of the internet sales links which are treated as SPAM and will be deleted.

Feedback Score
    My thoughts are that sim cards should be free by all the carriers. It's equipment that's needed to get service (except for maybe an older cdma flip phone). For modern service Sims seem the norm so charging for them doesn't make sense

Maybe if a customer wants too many of them I could see charging but normal use should include Sims without fees.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

"""new TMobile customer"""
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast