Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corporate stores now charge for sim cards!?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    It's equipment that's needed to get service (except for maybe an older cdma flip phone). For modern service Sims seem the norm so charging for them doesn't make sense
    I have to play devil's advocate on this one. By the same logic, all cell phones should be free as well. There needs to be a justifiable reason (such as technical support notes) to allow customers to get a replacement SIM for free. Most banks charge a fee to replace a credit or debit card, even if lost or stolen, in this day and age.

Just saying.........
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    I agree Sim Cards should not cost. Period.
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

Feedback Score
    Neither should batteries.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    I just replaced my wife sim at corporate art store. Ur iPhone 7 plus. No charge. The charge is "under certain situations".

Feedback Score
    What about if you port your number into a replacement sim (if they can't port it over to an existing SIM card) will they charge you then if on GoPhone (now becoming AT&T prepaid)?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    What about if you port your number into a replacement sim (if they can't port it over to an existing SIM card) will they charge you then if on GoPhone (now becoming AT&T prepaid)?
    Obviously there wouldn't be a charge in that example.

Sent from my SM-G935P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if this also would create a paper trail of sorts for a situation like this: https://carpeaqua.com/2017/07/07/hack-the-planet/

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128GB, iPad Pro 12.9"
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 20GB RNA, w/ $20 unlimited connected Car / ZTE Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Most banks charge a fee to replace a credit or debit card, even if lost or stolen, in this day and age.
    You need a new bank/credit card company!!!

I've never paid for a replacement credit card / ATM card.
    And when I've asked they've generally (most times) been willing to overnight it for no extra charge.

To be clear I'm not a double-gold/platinum member, I get mostly regular cards with no annual fees (if they have a fee I cancel after the first year after I already got my "free" stuff for joining).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post

i've never paid for a replacement credit card / atm card.
    And when i've asked they've generally (most times) been willing to overnight it for no extra charge.
    x2...............

Feedback Score
    I added a line to my plan in store and was charged the $5 for the sim

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    I added a line to my plan in store and was charged the $5 for the sim
    That shouldn't have happened IMHO, but each store has it's own policy. Did you go to an authorized re seller or a corporate store ??

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    After all the complaining about ATT reps, I have a good story ...

Last week I was asking about the process of porting my vzn landline to my unlimited plus plan. ATT billing cycle started 7.10 and my landline account cycle ends on 7.15. Spoke with both vzn and ATT last Thursday on how the process would go. Called ATT port dept and they verified my number could be ported.

So yesterday I went to my local corporate store to start the port and add the line to my acct. Arrived at 11:45am, only customer in store with 3 employees. The first one greeted me and immediately started the port process. I had my vzn current bill with all the info he needed. The one important piece I did need to tell him was my bills are sent to my po box and the port dept said I needed to have my physical address also included in the port request.

What a refreshing difference. The rep knew exactly what I was asking. Both vzn and ATT port depts said it would take 5-6 business days to port out and into ATT. Walked out with my BYOD iphone 5s and a new sim card, no charge either.

Later in the evening, 11:42 pm, I received a text from ATT port dept informing me the port transfer was completed!!!! Wow less than 24 hours .... done. Verified this morning my landline was dead and gone. I am now totally free from vzn.

Feedback Score

Corporate stores now charge for sim cards!?

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    That shouldn't have happened IMHO, but each store has it's own policy. Did you go to an authorized re seller or a corporate store ??
    Corporate store. I've always heard horror stories about resellers so I've never been to one. Plus I feel better going direct. As usual they were really nice and helpful. After he got my new line setup I was about to walk out and the rep was like "ok that'll be $5.46 for the sim card" if I hadn't heard about the charges from these forums I would have asked some questions but I remember seeing posts about the new policy. Likewise I thought it was only a charge when replacing a sim or something like that. Figured ADDING a line which means more money for them would mean I could get a free sim. What's even crazier is that online it was free. I ordered one online first but for some reason AT&T stopped the order and said I had to verify my identity. So I had to call in and they asked me questions relating to my credit report. Somehow the answers didn't match up so the online order was cancelled and I had to go to the store with my Id. So I'm not sure why online you can get a sim card for free when adding a line. Nonetheless it wasn't a big deal. Just wanted to give a heads up that yes they can charge you for the sim even when adding a line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    Corporate store. I've always heard horror stories about resellers so I've never been to one. Plus I feel better going direct. As usual they were really nice and helpful. After he got my new line setup I was about to walk out and the rep was like "ok that'll be $5.46 for the sim card" if I hadn't heard about the charges from these forums I would have asked some questions but I remember seeing posts about the new policy. Likewise I thought it was only a charge when replacing a sim or something like that. Figured ADDING a line which means more money for them would mean I could get a free sim. What's even crazier is that online it was free. I ordered one online first but for some reason AT&T stopped the order and said I had to verify my identity. So I had to call in and they asked me questions relating to my credit report. Somehow the answers didn't match up so the online order was cancelled and I had to go to the store with my Id. So I'm not sure why online you can get a sim card for free when adding a line. Nonetheless it wasn't a big deal. Just wanted to give a heads up that yes they can charge you for the sim even when adding a line.
    Never been charged for a sim adding or replacing a sim via cs 🏻🏻🏻

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder View Post
    Never been charged for a sim adding or replacing a sim via cs 🏻🏻🏻
    Yeah with the identity thing that wasn't an option. If I ever need to add a line again I'll try them first

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast