Thread: Canada150 Special

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score

Canada150 Special

Maybe I am misreading this or something but what is the point in the new Canada150 plan?

$55 gives Cross Canada home & away with 3GB data (only Canada long distance)

Not even looking at competition plans but the $59 plan (on promo for $54) gives Canada & US roaming plus 8GB in zone 1GB out zone data

Not much of a deal unless I am seriously misreading this
    https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...ils/canada-150
    Even if Wind offers $10 off per month or something
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score
    It's Canada wide roaming for everything including the 3gb of data. The other plan only has 1gb of roaming data.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Oh I got that part but the other plan has US calling and roaming to
    This $55 is JUST Canada wide

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, this 150 Canada plan seems pretty lame especially when they have the $59 plan ($54 for 12 months) that includes US Calling/Roaming and has 8GB of on Network data (and 1GB of Canada/U.S. Roaming Data).

djino

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you are fine with 3GB of data - and many might well be - this plan gives you full coverage (with access to all your data and calling) anywhere there's a Freedom/partner signal in Canada. That might be appealing to people who travel outside of home zones on a regular basis. It would appear to be comparable to Public's pricing for Canada-wide calling and data (not including the Freedom-only special of course).

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvisforme View Post
    If you are fine with 3GB of data - and many might well be - this plan gives you full coverage (with access to all your data and calling) anywhere there's a Freedom/partner signal in Canada. That might be appealing to people who travel outside of home zones on a regular basis. It would appear to be comparable to Public's pricing for Canada-wide calling and data (not including the Freedom-only special of course).
    Unless you talk more than 2400mins / month outside of Freedom Zones, and use more than 1GB/data per month outside Freedom Zones, the $55 plan is literally the worst deal to come out of Freedom since launch.

However it will grab some customers from the big 3 for sure, but not as many as they are hoping to as anyone that wants to enjoy the network in zones needs a compatible LTE phone which is really good, as 3G is still horrible for what its worth.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, this plan is overpriced considering the network that they are running on. Until Freedom Mobile builds a proper network, how do they expect to get $55/month for anything? The "big 3" flanker brands have a comparable plan for $65 month but on much better networks. Is the $10/month saving really worth needing to put up with an unfinished network? I can see this promo being a HUGE flop. I think that the main advantage that Freedom has for customers is being able to offer this plan to prepaid customers as well.

Some plan examples:
    Public: $55/30 days unlimited Canada-wide calling, texts, 2GB data (sure you lose 1GB but much better network)
    Fido/Koodo/Virgin: $65/month unlimited Canada-wide calling, texts, 3GB data (once again, a network that blows Freedom's out of town for a minimal amount more)

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    When I check my account the $59 plan has gone?

sent from my KEYone
    Lucky Albertan who has five $59 lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone:clapping

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keefrto View Post
    When I check my account the $59 plan has gone?

sent from my KEYone
    If you're on that plan, then it will not show up in My Account.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Lol Doh! Should have known that as well, 🍻

sent from my KEYone

Feedback Score
    Maybe Freedom will up the plan now that Rogers has a loyalty offer for existing customers for 4gb with canadawide and roam like home for $50. Competition is good!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohn90 View Post
    Maybe Freedom will up the plan now that Rogers has a loyalty offer for existing customers for 4gb with canadawide and roam like home for $50. Competition is good!
    Fido has the same plan for $45. Why would anyone go for the $55 plan when Fido offers more (1gb more) and has better reliability connection for $10 less.

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app
    Freedom Mobile: Smartphone 50 + $10 Double Your Data (10gb x 2 = 20gb) = $60 + TAX

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emann56 View Post
    Fido has the same plan for $45. Why would anyone go for the $55 plan when Fido offers more (1gb more) and has better reliability connection for $10 less.

Fido plan doesnt include FidoRoam. Rogers plan includes Roam Like Home. THis has nothing to do with freedom but a point between rogers and fido

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Fido plan doesnt include FidoRoam. Rogers plan includes Roam Like Home. THis has nothing to do with freedom but a point between rogers and fido
    True and also one thing that the big 3 has is no additional charges when roaming on other carriers.

Which makes the 3gb Canadian roaming on Freedom look bad.