Thread: Quebec Only?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quebec Only?

Is Videotron only available in Quebec? Can we sign up for their service as a Toronto resident without any weird work arounds?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ottawa region has Videotron service with an ON number
    No workaround needed
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score
    The fine print does advise that 50% of the usage for a 3 month period needs to be on the videotron network or something like that. So they may cut you off if they feel like doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So they just opened a kiosk in St Laurent shopping centre and it has been busy every since. With a promo of double your data and setting up more than 4 users we get a 15$ dollar discount. For 8GB it's 46$ taxes in a month. But there is that thing where if you use more than 50% of the network on its affiliates such as Bell or Rogers etc they may kick you off.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have never heard of anyone getting kicked yet

My parents in law are from overseas and happily using the old promo plan in Toronto area for close to 4 years now

Device(s)
    BB Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The 50% usage limit only applies Partner 2 networks, in this case Bell/Telus. Rogers is a partner 1 network, so as long as you are in Rogers coverage you will be fine.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Ottawa

I have a friend in Ottawa who was on Freedom since the beginning, he switched to Vidéotron back in November after being fed up with slow data, not being able to use his phone when he sees his inlaws and service cutting out in random spots downtown. He's absolutely enjoying the ability to make a phone call in places he wasn't able to previously do so. He travels a lot to southern Ontario and no problems yet. Since the unlimited streaming has ceased, but with them offering additional free data for "streaming" for free, he now has 14GB up from 6GB, all because he streamed his phone 24/7 when the ruling came out. Geez.
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    My Videotron account is currently showing 14GB (for each of 2 lines) instead of 6GB, as is that of a work colleague. We just signed up at the end of June and wouldn't have been doing very much music streaming, so I'm thinking the 14GB that Videotron's web site says I have this month is a glitch. We'll see... it'd sure be sweet if it wasn't a glitch.

I'm in the west end of Ottawa and haven't had any issues so far. I'm on Videotron's towers more than I though I'd be, then PRTNR1 (Rogers) most of the time when I go south or west. The odd time it shows as PRTNR2, but that's been very rare. If you were in an area where Rogers didn't have coverage but Bell/Telus did, you'd have to be mindful of your PRTNR2 usage.
    Adventures in Canadian Cord Cutting: http://canadiancordcutting.blogspot.ca/

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by photonix View Post
    The 50% usage limit only applies Partner 2 networks, in this case Bell/Telus. Rogers is a partner 1 network, so as long as you are in Rogers coverage you will be fine.
    Ah that makes sense

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    If you sign up with Videotron at an Ottawa kiosk, do you have to take an Ottawa number? Or could you port in a GTA number when activating a new account?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenqui View Post
    My Videotron account is currently showing 14GB (for each of 2 lines) instead of 6GB, as is that of a work colleague. We just signed up at the end of June and wouldn't have been doing very much music streaming, so I'm thinking the 14GB that Videotron's web site says I have this month is a glitch. We'll see... it'd sure be sweet if it wasn't a glitch.

I'm in the west end of Ottawa and haven't had any issues so far. I'm on Videotron's towers more than I though I'd be, then PRTNR1 (Rogers) most of the time when I go south or west. The odd time it shows as PRTNR2, but that's been very rare. If you were in an area where Rogers didn't have coverage but Bell/Telus did, you'd have to be mindful of your PRTNR2 usage.
    It's only for the first month while it conditions itself. Next bill you'll get what you paid for 6GB.

Feedback Score
    so videotron is great? no issue with coverage anywhere? reliable customer service?... I'm In Ottawa, considering switching tomorrow to the 9GB plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    If you sign up with Videotron at an Ottawa kiosk, do you have to take an Ottawa number? Or could you port in a GTA number when activating a new account?
    It won't work...

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    I was with Telus/Koodo and switched to Videotron on Sept 1st. The data speeds when on LTE are definitely slower than Telus, but acceptable. The geographic coverage is comparable also. The one big negative I have found is signal strength when inside an office building or parking garage or elevator. In downtown Ottawa for example I would have 4 bars with Telus but have NO bars with videotron. Oh and by the way you will need to set up your phone to enable Data Roaming so it can switch to the other networks when needed. The girl at the videotron booth at the St.Laurent shopping center (neglected) to inform me of this.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk