Thread: Sprint SIM in an unlocked phone, how to get LTE working?

Feedback Score

Sprint SIM in an unlocked phone, how to get LTE working?

Hi,

I have a sprint hotspot with a sim card in it. So one day I pulled the sim card out and put it in another phone, which is not sprint branded but does support cdma, LTE B25/26/41. Anyways with this phone I can get 3G data, but I'm unable to get LTE. The IMEI of this phone is definitely not in sprint database.

My question is, is this normal? Is there any way that I can get LTE data working without contacting sprint? I cannot do a device swap through customer service because I am not officially the account holder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyegg View Post
    Hi,

I have a sprint hotspot with a sim card in it. So one day I pulled the sim card out and put it in another phone, which is not sprint branded but does support cdma, LTE B25/26/41. Anyways with this phone I can get 3G data, but I'm unable to get LTE. The IMEI of this phone is definitely not in sprint database.

My question is, is this normal? Is there any way that I can get LTE data working without contacting sprint? I cannot do a device swap through customer service because I am not officially the account holder.
    This is normal. Sprint does things differently. In order for a device to work on the Sprint network it has to be whitelisted and activated by Sprint. To get LTE on a whitelisted device the ICCID/UCCID "SIM" has to be new or properly released from any previous device it was used with. The "SIM" is only used for LTE. Spirnt "SIMs" are not SIMs in the sense that GSM SIMs are.

Are you saying you are getting Sprint 3G data on the phone? What is the phone?

Feedback Score
    Make sure you have enabled the settings, if its dual sim make sure you have put the sim in primary socket.
    Hostter - hostter.com
    Serving for years now! Bitcoin Accepted
    Bitcoin VPS | Bitcoin Hosting

Feedback Score
    Sprint locks the SIM to the phone. If you want to switch phones, you need to do it online in your mySprint account or call in and talk to a rep.
    A hotspot SIM will not work in a phone.

Feedback Score
    It is indeed a dual sim phone. I have tried both sim slots and the results are the same. I don't think that matters.

Feedback Score
    My phone is not in sprint database I thought it'd work like em/mc7455 wwan card. I'm very curious about the LTE authentication what do I need to do to get LTE data working.

In the past in 3G days we have to edit nv items and secrets to get 3G working from a donor phone. Now this new situation seems completely different.

Feedback Score
    It was a Le Eco max 2 dual sim. It supports all 3 sprint LTE bands as well as cdma. I can make calls(account not validated prompt though), get 3G data. But I'm unable to receive LTE data. My wild guess is some kind of auth problem.

Feedback Score

Sprint SIM in an unlocked phone, how to get LTE working?

It was a Le Eco max 2 dual sim. It supports all 3 sprint LTE bands as well as cdma. I can make calls(account not validated prompt though), get 3G data. But I'm unable to receive LTE data. My wild guess is some kind of auth problem.
    That device is not on Sprint's BYOD list.

There was definitely some authentication problem, as it is partially operational. Not sure how that happened.

Whether a phone contains all the necessary Sprint bands or not is not a good indication that it is compatible with Sprint.

Sprint requires a special firmware to be installed on their phones, which is why they have a limited BYOD list.

Your phone shouldn't work on Sprint at all.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

That's is it right there. The MEID isn't in their database

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk