Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 6 on AT&T

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score

Nokia 6 on AT&T

Anyone going to get the Nokia 6 and use on AT&T. Wondering if the VOLTE and wi calling actually might be enable on it. because a friend of mine had the China version and the VOLTE actually worked with the ATT sim in it.....

Device(s)
    Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Anyone going to get the Nokia 6 and use on AT&T. Wondering if the VOLTE and wi calling actually might be enable on it. because a friend of mine had the China version and the VOLTE actually worked with the ATT sim in it.....
    Generally except a select small few unlocked phones. The phone will need to be an AT&T branded device for VoLTE. Same applies to every US carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

I am no longer a Primary Uscc User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.net

Jensen Beach, FL (Previously Bristol, VA)
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Generally except a select small few unlocked phones. The phone will need to be an AT&T branded certified device for VoLTE. Same applies to every US carrier.

Fixed it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    CSD was rarely used, and was before they started referring to cell phone technology in G's. This G stuff really started with 3G coverage and its because the 2nd iPhone was called the iPhone 3G. That's where cell phone tech got the G's from. The G stands for Gigs and the number is the number of Gigs the signal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Oh boy....
    Quote Originally Posted by AttData View Post
    My thoughts exactly...

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Generally except a select small few unlocked phones. The phone will need to be an AT&T branded device for VoLTE. Same applies to every US carrier.

Right, I have seen a few new phones ZTE Axon and Mate9 both non branded where the volte is enabled with att sim
    Verizon and T-Mobile don't block volte on any non branded android device it functions flawlessly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Looking at the phone's specs on GSMarena.com, it looks like a poor choice for use in the USA. No LTE band 12/17, 4 or 2. It's a decent looking phone for the rest of the world but not the US.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Looking at the phone's specs on GSMarena.com, it looks like a poor choice for use in the USA. No LTE band 12/17, 4 or 2. It's a decent looking phone for the rest of the world but not the US.
    Thats not the North American version of the 6 see link http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300479198.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thats not the North American version of the 6 see link http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300479198.html ....
    GSMarena let me down. Those specs look a lot better for the US user. I'd like to see LTE band 5, tho. Looks OK, but not fantastic, for international roaming.
    I don't have an answer to your (very good) question about VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Amazon has the 6 for $179. with ads (if like other phones ads, no big deal) and $229. without ads. Tempting

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    I thought I remember seeing both HD Voice and VOLTE being supported.
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

Jensen Beach, FL (Previously Bristol, VA)
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    I thought I remember seeing both HD Voice and VOLTE being supported.
    The Nokia 6 US/NA version supports VoLTE (and subsequently, HD Voice) on T-Mobile, but there's no word of AT&T support. But something I've noticed is manufacturers aren't marketing or even listing VoLTE support as a spec for devices they sell. HTC didn't do it with their 10 and U11, ZTE didn't do it with their Axon 7 (and maybe other handsets), Alcatel does but only on some models, etc., just seems like AT&T's VoLTE support isn't important to manufacturers -__-

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    i sent the ceo of nokia an email asking if nokia 6 was certified for volte on att this morning i probably wont get a response though...

Feedback Score
    Why buy a phone without band 29/30 support? Looks like the Nokia 6 is designed for Tmobile.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    why not if you live in rural or suburban area those areas will never have 29/30 support christ all my local towers only have band 12/17. Now if you live in urban area those bands would certainly make difference for speed and a valid factor for consideration. Basically its about location location. Personally i have yet to see 29/30 in Manhattan or Center City Philadelphia where is it deployed currently?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post
    Why buy a phone without band 29/30 support? Looks like the Nokia 6 is designed for Tmobile.
    Actually, lack of band 5 LTE would be more worrisome. While there's not a lot of it, both AT&T and T-Mobile have some and, in the case of AT&T, it's likely to become more. Similar comment regarding band 10/66. While I always liked Nokia and would like to like them again, I think I'll wait for the models with band 71. If you want flexibility, there are several phones that are supported by all four national carriers.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    why not if you live in rural or suburban area those areas will never have 29/30 support christ all my local towers only have band 12/17. Now if you live in urban area those bands would certainly make difference for speed and a valid factor for consideration. Basically its about location location. Personally i have yet to see 29/30 in Manhattan or Center City Philadelphia where is it deployed currently?
    29/30 is just about on every single site in Manhattan. Outdoors, my phone is on 30, 9 out of 10 times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast