Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Nokia 6 on AT&T

Device(s)
    ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe, Nexus 4, Lumia 650 dual sim
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    Reading up on the reviews of this device - while most of them agree that it's a solid device, just about all the reviews also feel it's over-priced for it's specs. At least compared to other similar budget devices on the market. They just do not feel the device's specs warrants the current $229 price. The lack of certain bands bot for my AT&T and international use is making me hold off on this one. I do not feel it's a whole lot better than my ASUS zenfone 2 (USA version) I bought almost 2 years ago for $199.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Nokia 6
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone and H2O
    Feedback Score
    It's $179 with Amazon ads, which are only on the lockscreen and can be deleted if you really want to. I'm very happy with mine so far.

One of the biggest reasons I chose it was Nokia's promise of fast OS and security updates. It got the July security update *before* the Pixel phones. Given that it's pure Android, it's not difficult for Nokia to post updates. Some 6's have already gotten the August security update, although I'm still on July. I'm not sure if the Amazon version with ads gets these updates at the same time as others or not.

FWIW, I'm in a rural area using it with H20 (AT&T MVNO) and have had no problems with data or voice.

Device(s)
    Nokia E6-00
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I apologize for resurrecting this old discussion.....

Does anyone know if at&t is making subscribers with Nokia 6 use one of the higher tiered data/rate plans. I currently have the Mobile Share Advantage w/ 2GB data add on and FAN/corporate discount (i'm an old legacy att wireless customer that was kicked off a few years back during the nation-wide purge of the cheapo's and old timers). I use a Nokia E6-00 which has unfortunately reached its shelf life :smileysad:. Surprisingly, their system doesn't view this as a "smartphone" by today's standards so i've been able to skate by thus far with no interruption. I wanted to replace current handset with either the Nokia 6 or the Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 (pending release of Nokia 8). Any idea if IMEI check will pick any of these up as incompatible with my current plan and make me move off it? Another option i'm entertaining would be for me to port out over to cricket wireless since their plans are more streamlined and they use at&t's network anyway. Thoughts??
    "...I love it when a plan comes together...." - COL Hannibal Smith of the "A" Team

PHONE HISTORY (Retirees):

Nokia N8, N97, E61i, E65, E70, 6822, 6820, 6030, 6560
    Panasonic Allure EBX-320
    Panasonic Allure EBX-310
    Motorola StarTAC

COMPUTING INFORMATION:
    Acer Aspire E5-553G-F55F | AMD FX9800-P 3.6 Ghz Processor, Samsung 16 GB DDR4 RAM, Western Digital WD Blue 1TB (5400rpm) HHD + "OEM" 128 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R8 M4450DX 2GB Graphics Card

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nobody is required to have a "higher tiered" data plan no matter what phone they have.

The last time thar Att required a higher data plan was the original iPhone that required unlimited data
    Last edited by veriztd; 09-14-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4