Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Verizon roaming.?

Feedback Score

Verizon roaming.?

I just got a verizon s8 plus and canceled T-Mobile due to spotty service here in los angeles. So far verizon has deff been better in everything here in LA. But my question is i am going to mexico in 2 weeks. The plan i got they told me at the store in includes free mexico roaming and canada. But has anybody used verizon in mexico? Mexico doesn't have a cdma network anymore Telcel and Movistar are gsm. One thing tmobile was good at was roaming in mexico it would connect to Telcel and even get lte and it was really free i used it many times and my bill was always the same when i came back they didn't charge at all for roaming in mexico . But im worried about using verizon . the girl at the store was like oh yea once u get into mexico use it as u would here in the US data,calls and messages all completly free don't worry. .....So is it really free? Also does anyone know what kind of service it gets lte or 3G hspa and on what network does it roam on Telcel or movistar? They both have lte and hspa. And i just saw the specs for the verizon s8 plus it supports all their gsm bands and lte bands. Thnks

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ and Ipad Mini 4 + Iphone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid :), T-mobile :( , Cricket :[ , Xfinity Mobile by Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just get prepaid $70 of Tmobile use it over there or cricket.

"Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"
    Xfi-Mobile by VZW $45
    Unlimited 4G LTE
    Unlimited Talk & Text
    VOLTE
    Comcast Wifi Hotspot
    20 GB of LTE
    No Wi-Fi calling
    NO Mobile hotspot :/

AT&T WIRELESS, SPRINT PCS, T-MOBILE USA, at&t, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile from 2/2017 - 5/2017 (Service is ****** in Florida, South Carolina :/) Cricket 5/17 - 6/17, Xfinity Mobile 6/17 - Present.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Call Verizon before leaving, have them add travel pass.

You'll pay*$5/day on days you use your phone. Until sometime recently it was $2/day but they raised the price.
    You can roam on all available carriers including Telcel LTE, Movistar etc.

When remember to enter frequent contacts (if you use voice) as +1... (Movistar will not complete 10 or 11 digit US numbers).

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Roaming compatible phones for Verizon have LTE and GSM capability. Won't use GSM in the US while on Verizon, but will while roaming out of the country.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecsohc View Post
    Just get prepaid $70 of Tmobile use it over there or cricket.
    I would but i dont want to carry two phones with me so im just gonna try verizon and see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbrich View Post
    Call Verizon before leaving, have them add travel pass.

You'll pay*$5/day on days you use your phone. Until sometime recently it was $2/day but they raised the price.
    You can roam on all available carriers including Telcel LTE, Movistar etc.

When remember to enter frequent contacts (if you use voice) as +1... (Movistar will not complete 10 or 11 digit US numbers).

-Dan
    Oh okay thanks so im ok with paying the 5 dollars everyday since ima be there a week. But will i be able to use data without a problem at full lte or 3G speed or is it throttled? I dont really talk to anyone , maybe a few texts . But i need more data since theres usually very little free wifi spots in mexico city. The good wifis u usually have to pay. I just need data to get driving directions and update Instagram and face and use WhatsApp. I dont watch youtube vids or any type of vids.

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    I just got a verizon s8 plus and canceled T-Mobile due to spotty service here in los angeles. So far verizon has deff been better in everything here in LA. But my question is i am going to mexico in 2 weeks. The plan i got they told me at the store in includes free mexico roaming and canada. But has anybody used verizon in mexico? Mexico doesn't have a cdma network anymore Telcel and Movistar are gsm. One thing tmobile was good at was roaming in mexico it would connect to Telcel and even get lte and it was really free i used it many times and my bill was always the same when i came back they didn't charge at all for roaming in mexico . But im worried about using verizon . the girl at the store was like oh yea once u get into mexico use it as u would here in the US data,calls and messages all completly free don't worry. .....So is it really free? Also does anyone know what kind of service it gets lte or 3G hspa and on what network does it roam on Telcel or movistar? They both have lte and hspa. And i just saw the specs for the verizon s8 plus it supports all their gsm bands and lte bands. Thnks
    You'll be able to use Telcel's HSPA and LTE networks for sure. The Galaxy S8 is a world phone and you'll be able to use GSM, HSPA and LTE while roaming. If you're on the new Unlimited Plan you only get 500 MB a day of high speed roaming after that you get throttled to 2G. That limit applies to the free Mexico and Canada roaming as well as roaming with the $10 a day Travel Pass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    You'll be able to use Telcel's HSPA and LTE networks for sure. The Galaxy S8 is a world phone and you'll be able to use GSM, HSPA and LTE while roaming. If you're on the new Unlimited Plan you only get 500 MB a day of high speed roaming after that you get throttled to 2G. That limit applies to the free Mexico and Canada roaming as well as roaming with the $10 a day Travel Pass.

Thanks for making everything clear.

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Omarc443
    Keep me updated on your Verizon Wireless experience in Los Angeles and Mexico if you can, I'm almost positive that I will switch to Verizon Wireless before the July 24 disconnection date that T-Mobile gave me. I have done some rudimentary signal tests with Verizon Wireless on my S8 and played with my tablet to get a basic idea of how Verizon Wireless works, but I would like to hear more from you as you use Verizon Wireless.

I'm still not completely sold on the idea of $5/month and the 500MB/2G limitations for Canada-Mexico Travel Pass so I'm probably just won't use Verizon Wireless and simply stick with my AT&T lines with the Roam North America and Roam Mexico features and my iusacell/Telcel MX SIM cards when I'm in Mexico.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Omarc443
    Keep me updated on your Verizon Wireless experience in Los Angeles and Mexico if you can, I'm almost positive that I will switch to Verizon Wireless before the July 24 disconnection date that T-Mobile gave me. I have done some rudimentary signal tests with Verizon Wireless on my S8 and played with my tablet to get a basic idea of how Verizon Wireless works, but I would like to hear more from you as you use Verizon Wireless.

I'm still not completely sold on the idea of $5/month and the 500MB/2G limitations for Canada-Mexico Travel Pass so I'm probably just won't use Verizon Wireless and simply stick with my AT&T lines with the Roam North America and Roam Mexico features and my iusacell/Telcel MX SIM cards when I'm in Mexico.
    ok well so far here in los Angeles it has been better i get signal in walmart, the ucla medical center hospital were T-Mobile got nothing the LA fitness gym in montebello T-Mobile had only 1 small bar of lte and most of the time it didn't work verizon has 4 bars lte in the gym and everything works perfectly . Lte speed is about the same when im outside speed goes up to 50 mbps then again T-Mobile also got that outside with full signal . Only advantage is verizon works better indoors . ill keep you updated on how it works in mexico . im going to try it.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is not ready for prime time. They have excellent marketing hype and that is all. Don't be enticed by the Magenta Koolaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    T-Mobile is not ready for prime time. They have excellent marketing hype and that is all. Don't be enticed by the Magenta Koolaid.
    I did fall for they kool aid.(coverage was bad here in los angeles) But one thing they do right is mexico roaming i used 20 gigs last time on mexico city at full lte speed and didn't charge me at all. Now I have verizon and everyone is telling i have to pay 5 dollars a day and only 500 mb of lte data which is crap. And then the next day pay another 5 dollars and same thing.... Hmmmmmmm i don't know how i feel about that .haha

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I did fall for they kool aid.(coverage was bad here in los angeles) But one thing they do right is mexico roaming i used 20 gigs last time on mexico city at full lte speed and didn't charge me at all. Now I have verizon and everyone is telling i have to pay 5 dollars a day and only 500 mb of lte data which is crap. And then the next day pay another 5 dollars and same thing.... Hmmmmmmm i don't know how i feel about that .haha
    It's $5 for other plans. México and Canada roaming is free on the Unlimited Plan but you're limited to 500 MB per day.

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    I would rather pay the extra $10 for unlimited Canada and Mexico roaming at LTE speeds than $5/day for 500MB of high speed data/2G speeds in Canada and Mexico. For me, it's worth drinking the Magenta Koolaid when I can use my device in Mexico at more than 500MB a day. The only complaints I have are lack of coverage in my office and when I visit my mom who lives in a rural area, and network congestion but other than that I don't have too many problems with coverage in Los Angeles and San Diego. I hoping that Verizon Wireless will be better but so far it seems that this is the case.

The real problem is that T-Mobile isn't ready for me...

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    I would rather pay the extra $10 for unlimited Canada and Mexico roaming at LTE speeds than $5/day for 500MB of high speed data/2G speeds in Canada and Mexico. For me, it's worth drinking the Magenta Koolaid when I can use my device in Mexico at more than 500MB a day. The only complaints I have are lack of coverage in my office and when I visit my mom who lives in a rural area, and network congestion but other than that I don't have too many problems with coverage in Los Angeles and San Diego. I hoping that Verizon Wireless will be better but so far it seems that this is the case.

The real problem is that T-Mobile isn't ready for me...
    Is AT&T any better for you? They don't throttle roaming like Verizon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast