Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: (Off topic) T-Mobile planning price increase.

Feedback Score

(Off topic) T-Mobile planning price increase.

Not sure this is 100% true, but for those on the fence about adding the $5.00 plus addon you may want to do it asap. http://bgr.com/2017/07/05/t-mobile-u...rice-increase/ and heres the link to the reddit post. https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...0_on_july_6th/

A single line with hd video and 10gb of tethering would be $85 before autopay. Same price as Verizon. For 4 lines it would actually be cheaper on verizon with the autopay discounts. 180 on verizon compared to 200 on tmobile with the $10 addon per line. Guess they are really hoping no taxes and fees are important to people.
    Last edited by dave1102; 07-05-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can't see why most people would stay with TMobile if Vzw can be had for less. I would imagine Vzw and AT&T would inch their prices up as well.

Feedback Score
    I guess tmobiles Q2 numbers must be pretty good. I always hate price increases but I figured something was coming due to all the network expansions and the planned stuff coming

As mentioned, this puts the price into a different territory when looking at the competition. I've thought since tmobile announced all the 600 they will be getting, T-Mobile will eventually have Verizon like coverage with Verizon like prices. The better tmobiles network gets the more in line their price will be with the competition

T-Mobile has been opening quite a few stores lately. Here's one in Montana the VP of sales mentioned. I guess they figure they have had enough expansion for increases in price

"""new T-Mobile customer """
    Last edited by caddypower; 07-05-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    I can't see why most people would stay with TMobile if Vzw can be had for less. I would imagine Vzw and AT&T would inch their prices up as well.
    Well for current customers it won't affect them much, their prices get grandfathered in, that's why I say if someone is considering adding on the hd video and 10gb of tethering do it now. The worker on the reddit post claims the new prices go in effect tomorrow. For new customers though, yea it makes it hard now to choose T-Mobile over Verizon. The price edge is gone. I know some will say taxes and fees but for many, the peace of mind of Verizon's added coverage (and even as a tmobile user I can fully admit Verizon has a coverage advantage, not everywhere but overall) would be worth the taxes and fees. It does though make the $60 dollar metro pcs plan a steal right now. $60 for unlimited data, hd video plus 8gb of tethering. Not sure why anyone who wouldn't need phone financing would choose tmobile right now over metro.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    $85 for a single line for unlimited? Overkill. Sucks for those who don’t need unlimited but think they do...

Verizon iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black & Verizon iPad Pro 9.7 32 GB Space Gray
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Legere has his head up his........t-mobile should be the cheapest out of anyone imho, their rural coverage is still spotty to this day. They only have band 12 in one county within 100 miles of me.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Those of us who are grandfathered in it isn't a big deal. But I think some people might still benefit with the international stuff you get with T-Mobile one. Some people actually use the T-Mobile Tuesdays app. If this is true T-Mobile needs to really make sure they can get more band 12 out there and get a very early head start in 600 rollout and hope they have the next iPhone on board.

Feedback Score
    I'm not really surprised with the change the more I think about it.

What I do think is that this increase is maybe 6 months too early. Maybe even a year too early. If they had 600 really out there and a phone that could utilize it that would be a better timeframe I think

Plus they need money for expansion

"using old phones"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    I'm not really surprised with the change the more I think about it.

What I do think is that this increase is maybe 6 months too early. Maybe even a year too early. If they had 600 really out there and a phone that could utilize it that would be a better timeframe I think

"using old phones"
    I agree with this. If the service was there now sure go ahead and raise rates. I could understand that. But, as of now tmobile is still the 3rd place carrier in terms of coverage. Charging as much as the first place carrier you need to provide the service that first place carrier does. In some areas tmobile does do that, the problem is in others they don't. It's hard to justify the pay more now for better coverage later mentality. Since February the hotspot and hd addon has gone from free, to $5, to now $10 extra. This goes against everything they claim they are against. They have been quietly increasing prices every other month, isn't stuff like that what they used to tell everyone was wrong with Verizon and at&t? If it doesn't affect their numbers for 3rd quarter it's hard to say it's a bad move, but if they are already increasing prices now what's that mean for when they do roll out 600 coverage. Are they going to be the most expensive carrier then?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I really believe they think their service is better then it actually is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    I really believe they think their service is better then it actually is.
    I doubt Mr. Legere visits too many of those cities with population from 3,000 to 30,000... and maybe he should.

And yes, places with only cows too.Name:  fe9c942161e724c686bb8ea73521f6f5.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  179.8 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I doubt Mr. Legere visits too many of those cities with population from 3,000 to 30,000... and maybe he should.

And yes, places with only cows too.Name:  fe9c942161e724c686bb8ea73521f6f5.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  179.8 KB
    I don't know about that. He is graduate of UMASS-Amherst. That's a pretty rural area. He grew up in New England and many of us New Englanders frequent rural areas of NH, ME and VT.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile planning price increase.

Remember when T-Mobile began Uncarrier?? They said that "unbundling" the 2 year agreement subsidy from the phone plans meant they could offer lower prices because they no longer had to absorb the cost of said subsidies. Now, the prices are back up (and in some cases now) over what the original unlimited simple choice plan was.... They're officially backtracking on the uncarrier initiative it seems. T-Mobile will probably now lead a price increase and I'm sure the guys at Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint will soon follow. Any excuse to raise prices. *sigh*

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well T-Mobile has been awfully quiet for the past couple of months. This will give us something new to talk about.

I wonder if the T-Mobile ONE International will be tweaked or if the price will remain the same on it. Unlimited LTE tethering is hard to beat for power users.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aa1127 View Post
    Remember when T-Mobile began Uncarrier?? They said that "unbundling" the 2 year agreement subsidy from the phone plans meant they could offer lower prices because they no longer had to absorb the cost of said subsidies. Now, the prices are back up (and in some cases now) over what the original unlimited simple choice plan was.... They're officially backtracking on the uncarrier initiative it seems. T-Mobile will probably now lead a price increase and I'm sure the guys at Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint will soon follow. Any excuse to raise prices. *sigh*
    This is what I worry about also. I also worry where this is leading. If they feel right now they can charge as much as Verizon, what's that mean a year or 2 from now when they actually have the coverage of a Verizon? Are they then going to become the most expensive carrier? As far as the un-carrier thing, they seem to think free movie rentals makes them different, but that was never what people wanted, people liked the idea of good service at cheaper rates. Now that seems to be flying out the window.
    Last edited by dave1102; 07-05-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast