Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Thread: Bought 1GB data but doesn't show up in account

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0

    Bought 1GB data but doesn't show up in account

    Greetings forum members, last Friday 6/30 I bought 1GB data on the tracfone site and applied it to my phone. The updated data balance didn't show up in my account immediately, but I didn't think much of it as I've seen it show up the next day previously. But by Monday 7/3 it still wasn't there, so I sent an email to [email protected], never got a response. Today Wed 7/5 I started a fruitless customer service chat. They said the data got applied and I must have used it! I used no data in that time period, the data balance never changed before and after purchase of the 1GB.

    Has this happened to anyone before? Also is the corporate resolution email pasted above still good? I use to get good responses sending questions to that email address. Thanks in advance...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    5,956
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why did you pay $10 for the 1 GB? You must not read the threads here.
    Get your money back. Purchase and add either a $15 or $25 or $35 Smartphone only airtime card. Use promo code 53629 for 1 Gb free.

    Settle your current problem first, or the free 1GB will appear to be that which you purchased and claim you didn`t receive..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Easy there. Not everyone has the time or desire to live on this forum. .

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Why did you pay $10 for the 1 GB? You must not read the threads here.
    Get your money back. Purchase and add either a $15 or $25 or $35 Smartphone only airtime card. Use promo code 53629 for 1 Gb free.

    Settle your current problem first, or the free 1GB will appear to be that which you purchased and claim you didn`t receive..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would try a couple more website chats and hopefully you'll get a more responsive CSR that actually helps you. If not and you're motivated, file a complaint with the BBB and FCC or do a credit card charge back.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomase View Post
    Greetings forum members, last Friday 6/30 I bought 1GB data on the tracfone site and applied it to my phone. The updated data balance didn't show up in my account immediately, but I didn't think much of it as I've seen it show up the next day previously. But by Monday 7/3 it still wasn't there, so I sent an email to [email protected], never got a response. Today Wed 7/5 I started a fruitless customer service chat. They said the data got applied and I must have used it! I used no data in that time period, the data balance never changed before and after purchase of the 1GB.

    Has this happened to anyone before? Also is the corporate resolution email pasted above still good? I use to get good responses sending questions to that email address. Thanks in advance...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    988
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Why did you pay $10 for the 1 GB? You must not read the threads here.
    Get your money back. Purchase and add either a $15 or $25 or $35 Smartphone only airtime card. Use promo code 53629 for 1 Gb free.

    Settle your current problem first, or the free 1GB will appear to be that which you purchased and claim you didn`t receive..
    If you have a lot of time left (like years) and minutes/texts left and are a low volume user, except for data, it would be cheaper just to do the data.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had plenty of time and texts left and only needed the data. I'm just going to do a charge back. I hate calling them, every time I did with past problems, I waste like 1-2 hours with no result. For $10 it's just not worth it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did you try their website chat? It's a lot be than calling.

    Sure would be nice if they looked into the issue rather than telling you you used the data.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomase View Post
    I had plenty of time and texts left and only needed the data. I'm just going to do a charge back. I hate calling them, every time I did with past problems, I waste like 1-2 hours with no result. For $10 it's just not worth it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Why did you pay $10 for the 1 GB? You must not read the threads here.
    Get your money back. Purchase and add either a $15 or $25 or $35 Smartphone only airtime card. Use promo code 53629 for 1 Gb free.

    Settle your current problem first, or the free 1GB will appear to be that which you purchased and claim you didn`t receive..

    Is that still valid?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Try using the promo code - if it doesn't show expired or invalid, it should be good. You can do this before submitting payment.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurbineSeaplane View Post
    Is that still valid?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Try using the promo code - if it doesn't show expired or invalid, it should be good. You can do this before submitting payment.
    k - thx - so nothing will show either way until after transaction though? (in terms of bonus in account - i.e. not in summary of transaction on right?)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    I believe that's correct - haven't actually used this promo myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurbineSeaplane View Post
    k - thx - so nothing will show either way until after transaction though? (in terms of bonus in account - i.e. not in summary of transaction on right?)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I believe that's correct - haven't actually used this promo myself.

    Cool - just did the $15 plan and 5 min later I had 30 days more of service, 200 more minutes, 500 more texts and 1200 MB more data!

    (Promo worked!)

    Thanks!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    What's the best way to stay on top of these types of promos?
    Just this forum?
    There a text message list or newsletter or website to track?

    Curious how everyone hears about all this stuff..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,102
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TurbineSeaplane View Post
    What's the best way to stay on top of these types of promos?
    Just this forum?
    There a text message list or newsletter or website to track?

    Curious how everyone hears about all this stuff..
    Good question. There is the "Turk" forum which has a thread dedicated to TF promo codes. But, I think I saw the 1GB data promo here before it appeared on Turk.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    988
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TurbineSeaplane View Post
    What's the best way to stay on top of these types of promos?
    Just this forum?
    There a text message list or newsletter or website to track?

    Curious how everyone hears about all this stuff..
    You can subscribe to a thread and get email updates when there is a new post. But there is no thread dedicated to promo codes for Tracfone on HF. Maybe on Turk, IDK. Once in a while I get texts from Tracfone for stuff. There's the "Tracfone Reviewer" site that updates offers monthly. But it's best to check this site frequently even though these kinds of deals don't come around that often and when they go they go quick.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Droid Eris: Data usage... but no webpages show up on browser
    By Khabibul35 in forum Page Plus Handset and Technical Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 01:42 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks