Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Go Phone vs Cricket

Feedback Score

Go Phone vs Cricket

What would be some reasons to go with Go Phone over Cricket? I am looking for a Verizon alternative.

Feedback Score
    If you get 6gb plan for $45($40 w/autopay... This is the first reason...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Depends what you want. If you want unlimited data go with cricket. Gophones unlimited plan is capped at 3mbps down and up where cricket is capped at 8. If you don't want unlimited gophones 45 dollar plan with 6gb of data isn't throttled at all and comes with hotspot. A feature you have to pay extra for on cricket, but cricket does offer volte on select devices if that's important to you. There really is no convincing someone one way or another, it totally depends on what your wants/needs are.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^ I agree with Dave...^^^^^ If you only want 6 gb and you don't use that much like myself, I would go for AT&T GoPhone prepaid. If you want unlimited go for Cricket but volte is coming to AT&T GoPhone prepaid pretty soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention also if you are not looking for unlimited data the gophone 45 dollar plan also includes rollover or carryover data. Cricket non unlimited plans do not have rollover data. They both are good services, as said earlier really depends on what is important to you.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrfaw View Post
    What would be some reasons to go with Go Phone over Cricket? I am looking for a Verizon alternative.
    For that question to be correctly answered you need to detail how much data you use in an average month. Like others have said if you want unlimited data then Cricket would be better but if your data usage is in the 3-6GB range then Gophone is the better deal IMO.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For completeness, if you regularly use less than 4GB data per month (and you have no need for tethering or speedtest bragging rights), then Cricket will be cheaper for lower data usage. The 4GB plan costs $40/month ($35 with autopay) while the 1GB plan costs $30/month.

EDIT: To be clear (since sometimes these Cricket vs GoPhone threads get out of hand), the "speedtest bragging rights" comment was intended to be tongue-in-cheek to describe any reason why someone would want/need fast throughput.)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    We have both. If Tethering is a concern the Gophone 45.00 plan is perfect with 6 gigs. Otherwise Cricket has a better selection of plans easy to change plans if necessary and the web site is so cute. Don't let the 8mb cap be a show stopper. The user experience on Cricket is great.

Feedback Score
    One other thing is that Cricket is truly a monthly service versus 30 days like most other prepaids, i.e. your plan always renews on the same date every month. It's not major, but it's convenient.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Go Phone vs Cricket

If you're looking for less data and want to save money I say neither. Try H2O wireless which come with 3gb data (first month) then 2gb data for $27 (autopay) (same ATT signal as Gophone / cricket)

Even cheaper? Join a cricket 5 line group plan and pay $20 per line.

Most likely your Verizon phone is unlocked and will work with any of the above mentioned company.
    Make cheap national and int'l telephone calls with a calling card! Click here!

Feedback Score
    I had Cricket and loved the flexibility of changing plans and getting things resolved on chat. However the lure of having built in tethering was too much of a draw. One issue i did have going to Gophone was getting voicemail configured properly on an Apple sim free fully unlocked iphone 7. they told me it couldnt be done unless it was an ATT IPHone. Turned out it was bogus and they can configure it, you just have to keep pestering. Next week I will be porting over to Verizon though as my family has land out in the boonies and Verizon is the only service that can reach there. Its fine though but losing that extra 3 GB per month and Canada/ Mexico roaming sucks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Go Phone vs Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    I had Cricket and loved the flexibility of changing plans and getting things resolved on chat. However the lure of having built in tethering was too much of a draw. One issue i did have going to Gophone was getting voicemail configured properly on an Apple sim free fully unlocked iphone 7. they told me it couldnt be done unless it was an ATT IPHone. Turned out it was bogus and they can configure it, you just have to keep pestering. Next week I will be porting over to Verizon though as my family has land out in the boonies and Verizon is the only service that can reach there. Its fine though but losing that extra 3 GB per month and Canada/ Mexico roaming sucks.
    Are you getting that extra 2gb on Walmart Verizon prepay plan ?

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all of the replies. I know that the coverage should be the same but when I look at the two coverage maps on their websites, I know some differences. AT&T show to have better coverage in some areas than Cricket. I am zooming in and looking in certain spots.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Are you getting that extra 2gb on Walmart Verizon prepay plan ?
    No, Im on the lowly $40 a month plan. They don't offer it on that one

Feedback Score

wifi

Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    If you want unlimited go for Cricket but volte is coming to AT&T GoPhone prepaid pretty soon.
    Any chance that gaining volte mean anything towards support of calling over wifi?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast