Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there another tech support number ?

Feedback Score

Is there another tech support number ?

I keep calling 1-800-922-0204 and I think I am being routed to a third-party call center. They keep saying that the problem will be fixed tomorrow. When I call back I have to explain the problem all over again. When I ask for a manger they put me on-hold for like 30 minutes. Then come back and have me explain the problem while we wait. I swear I am talking to like the same six people and none of them seem to know what they are doing. They keep passing me around like they are afraid and don't know what to do.

Feedback Score
    What you will want to do is logging into vzw.com and chat online, this saves me time quite a lot. Zero sec waiting time

Feedback Score
    I tried that after a few minutes they told me to call them. I think I need more advanced support then they can handle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandroid View Post
    I tried that after a few minutes they told me to call them. I think I need more advanced support then they can handle.
    I see....what abt just call *611 ? Although they should be exactly the same

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | VZW | T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    +1 (800) 483-7356

I have that number in my phone, think it goes right to Tier 2 or 3.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your help that is indeed tier 2 or tier 3 and 611 does go to 1-800-922-0204. However my issue is that i keep being routed to the same six tech and customer service reps I know they cut staff but come on. Is there anyone who can explain why this is and what I can do about it ? I had a billing increase right after they provide me with support. First they said it was an error and they would credit my account. After they didn't do that I called back and they said it was a tax increase and that I haven't payed taxes for like four years. I had a contract they took over from another company, but now its month-to-month and they are saying that they don't have to notify me of tax increases. The increase is not listed on my Verizon or the website tax calculator. They say they don't have a recorded of what I agreed to when I sign up. Although I was told it was recorded and if they raised my rate I had to be notified ahead of time.
    Last edited by Sandroid; 07-07-2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Why do you need tech support for a billing issue?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Taxes are not regulated in your contract, fees are a slightly different situation. If you were not paying them earlier due to a billing error, you still have to pay them going forward. You shouldn't be billed retroactively for back taxes on your cell phone bill.

What specific tax are you being billed now and how much ?? Is it a tax for a "fee" ??
    Last edited by veriztd; 07-07-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    I was just asking for another way to contact them. The number I listed was listed as tech support in my phone and they told me there was only one number. I also think they whatever they did caused the fee. As for the taxes I can find no notice of a tax increase in my state. (Texas) I called several stores and places in my state and none of them had heard of a tax that went into affect this month either. I know that the government sets the tax rates and that taxes are not controlled by my contract but in the tax breakdown there is also a fee that is at there discretion. Are you saying they can just increase my bill at any time without notice and say its taxes and provide no proof ?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Fees are regulated by the carrier, taxes are regulated by the government. That is what I am saying.

Questions about taxes should be brought up with the city/county/state government that imposed or increased them. Your carrier is required to collect taxes on behalf of the taxing district.

Remember that tech support cannot resolve billing issues and should not be contacted to discuss such. You might ask for "Retentions" if they still have such a group available or speak with a CS Manager. Talking to tech support about this will only create more frustration for you.

Feedback Score
    My city/county/state government all say they know of no tax increase that was in-acted in June and Verizon says there was so what do I do then ? Let me clarify I know the difference between CS and tech support I was basically requesting a way to get around the center I was calling. As for Retentions I have not asked for that department, but sometimes when I call the agents say they no have departments or different tiers of support that is one of my main problems.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On your billing statement, there should be an address you can write to for specific billing issues/questions. I do hope you get a favorable resolution. I just wanted to get a little more clarification. If you can, list the exact name and cost of the tax you are questioning.

Feedback Score
    That is one of the problems they are say something different amounts every time the last rep said it was 4.49 for my state tax and .38 for my county taxes. The day before a rep told me it was like 6.50 total. The amount on the bill is 5.07 in taxes. They are saying that on am on a $99 20GB data share plan, but I am a former Millenicom customer and I was told that taxes were included in my bill. When Millenicom closed my bill was 89.99 and like 93 with tax. When they transferred me to Verizon they took the 93 and added their taxes and fees and it was $99 and a few months later they added admin fee. which made 100.07 The Rep who called me said it was the only way it would fit in the system. She than told me to hold while she got a manger and then asked me to confirm that I agreed and asked if I had any other questions. I asked if she was sure about the taxes and fees she yes and she said the call had been recorded. Now the the reps are saying they have no record of it and that I'm on some $99 plan and haven't been paying taxes for like 3 years.
    Last edited by Sandroid; 07-07-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: added more details

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, they can only estimate fees and taxes as they can periodically change without notice. Some providers provide a flat monthly rate, but Verizon does not. Reps have no access to recorded calls, only managers do, and it can take a few days to research and not during the same call.

Feedback Score
    To me it seems like a bunch of bs, a couple months ago there was an extra $2 and some cents added to my bill but I sure didn't know what it was for so I called tech support and eventually got switched a couple different times, after about 45 minutes on the phone mostly on hold they simply agreed to remove the charge and said "that happens sometimes"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast