Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Metro Plans?

Feedback Score

New Metro Plans?

Was talking to a dealer and he suggested Metro was working on some new plans/changes to overhaul current operations. The higher ups were talking about heavy pressure from all the new promos on Boost, Virgin, Cricket, and more recently Xfinity Mobile. Apparently they took a beating this quarter? Not sure how credible that information was, just sounded a lot like hearsay.

Anyone hear anything?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Some new plans are coming

Sent from my Moto E (4) using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Maybe make it easier on customers to actually get Metro. Sell sims for byop online, sell Iphones online, sell all phones online, allow porting online and change the ability to swap phones by just allowing sim swaps.

Feedback Score
    With TMobile raising their rates on the high speed tethering and hd video add-on wouldn't be shocked to see them raise the rate on the 60 dollar plan, or eliminate it all together. The 50 dollar plan would be the top tier and I could see them do 5gb for 40 and 2gb for 30.
    Last edited by dave1102; 07-09-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    Maybe make it easier on customers to actually get Metro. Sell sims for byop online, sell Iphones online, sell all phones online, allow porting online and change the ability to swap phones by just allowing sim swaps.
    ^^This^^ I understand that dealers have to make a living, but there are none within 30 miles of where I live and the ones that do exist are in places I don't routinely go for any reason. I might try Metro if it were possible to do everything online. Personally, I find that using a dealer is a hindrance about 90% of the time since I know more about how things are supposed to work than they do. I know other people that simply won't go to a dealer--if it isn't an online deal it doesn't exist for them.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    With TMobile raising their rates on the high speed tethering and hd video add-on wouldn't be shocked to see them raise the rate on the 60 dollar plan, or eliminate it all together. The 50 dollar plan would be the top tier and I could see them do 5gb for 40 and 2gb for 30.
    If T Mobile USA raised the prices on their current Metro PCS Plans they would drive customers to other MVNO providers like Boost Mobile or Cricket Wireless. T Mobile USA either needs to lower their Metro PCS plan prices or add more features/value to their current Metro PCS plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    If T Mobile USA raised the prices on their current Metro PCS Plans they would drive customers to other MVNO providers like Boost Mobile or Cricket Wireless. T Mobile USA either needs to lower their Metro PCS plan prices or add more features/value to their current Metro PCS plans.
    Not really if it's just the 60 dollar plan, no other mvno offers an unthrottled unlimited plan with hotspot and hd video included. TMobile themselves just raised the rate of that plan to 85 dollars on TMobile. I don't see them keeping almost the exact same plan 60 dollars on metro. I can see them either just raising the 60 dollar plan to 70 or just dumping it. Their 50 dollar unlimited plan is on par with what all the other mvnos offer on their unlimited plans. 480p video and no hotspot. I could easily see them dumping the 60 dollar plan, offering the 50 dollar plan as their top plan, charging 40 for 5gb of data and 30 for 2.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    ^^This^^ I understand that dealers have to make a living, but there are none within 30 miles of where I live and the ones that do exist are in places I don't routinely go for any reason. I might try Metro if it were possible to do everything online. Personally, I find that using a dealer is a hindrance about 90% of the time since I know more about how things are supposed to work than they do. I know other people that simply won't go to a dealer--if it isn't an online deal it doesn't exist for them.
    Dealers can make money by doing new activation's/device upgrades, selling wireless accessories, and processing phone payments in store. They do not need to limit their online store and or place imei locks to force you to go to a retail store.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, Cricket is taking a lot of customers because their storefronts are more friendly and in more "affluent" locations. Boost is even overhauling their locations to be more like regular wireless stores. I'm not sure they'll lower pricing, but they do need to offer more value at each tier. They're definitely getting beat on group rates.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Not really if it's just the 60 dollar plan, no other mvno offers an unthrottled unlimited plan with hotspot and hd video included. TMobile themselves just raised the rate of that plan to 85 dollars on TMobile. I don't see them keeping almost the exact same plan 60 dollars on metro. I can see them either just raising the 60 dollar plan to 70 or just dumping it. Their 50 dollar unlimited plan is on par with what all the other mvnos offer on their unlimited plans. 480p video and no hotspot. I could easily see them dumping the 60 dollar plan, offering the 50 dollar plan as their top plan, charging 40 for 5gb of data and 30 for 2.
    Actually Boost Mobile offers a plan like that for $50.00 a month. You get unlimited data and 8GB of hotpot data for $10.00 cheaper a month.

Feedback Score
    Actually Boost Mobile offers a plan like that for $50.00 a month. You get unlimited data and 8GB of hotpot data for $10.00 cheaper a month.
    You don't get hd video on the boost plan. Video streams are limited to 480p. Music streaming is limited on the boost plan also. So in reality the plan is nothing like metros. Metro is the only mvno that offers basically a postpaid plan with no restrictions on it. I could see them dumping this plan and maybe adding some tethering to the 50 dollar plan. But keeping the video at 480p max with it. I don't think the current metro 60 dollar plan will be around much longer. Just a hunch.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    You don't get hd video on the boost plan. Video streams are limited to 480p. Music streaming is limited on the boost plan also.
    You are correct you do not get HD Video on Boost Mobile but you also don't get HD Video on Metro PCS unless you disable data maximizer.

Feedback Score
    You are correct you do not get HD Video on Boost Mobile but you also don't get HD Video on Metro PCS unless you disable data maximizer.
    It's like that with postpaid also. Even if you buy the extra add on for hd video it's disabled by default. You have to go and manually turn on hd video, even after adding the service for 10 dollars a month. I just have a hunch that TMobile wants people to pay more for the hd video capability, they just raised the cost of it on TMobile, I have a feeling it's either going to cost more now on metro, or be done away with on their unlimited offering. They can even add some tethering to the 50 dollar plan and spin it like they actually lowered prices, but in reality it's a worse plan.

Metros 60 dollar plan right now is the best plan is wireless to be honest. It's basically an 85 dollar postpaid plan for 25 dollars cheaper. If metro didn't make it difficult to switch devices I'd jump on the 60 dollar plan and dump TMobile postpaid. I just think that actual plan won't be around soon the way it's constructed right now.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    It's like that with postpaid also. Even if you buy the extra add on for hd video it's disabled by default. You have to go and manually turn on hd video, even after adding the service for 10 dollars a month. I just have a hunch that TMobile wants people to pay more for the hd video capability, they just raised the cost of it on TMobile, I have a feeling it's either going to cost more now on metro, or be done away with on their unlimited offering. They can even add some tethering to the 50 dollar plan and spin it like they actually lowered prices, but in reality it's a worse plan.
    You could be right. It would make sense for them to eliminate the $60.00 rate plan and add 8GB of tethering data to their $50.00 rate plan. In addition I could see them removing the ability to turn off data maximizer on all of their new plans to distinguish the T Mobile post/pre paid plans from their Metro PCS MVNO plans.

Feedback Score
    You could be right. It would make sense for them to eliminate the $60.00 rate plan and add 8GB of tethering data to their $50.00 rate plan. In addition I could see them removing the ability to turn off data maximizer on all of their new plans to distinguish the T Mobile post/pre paid plans from their Metro PCS MVNO plans.
    On the 50 dollar plan you don't have the option. I know a few people who have metro and it's automatically turned on with the 50 dollar plan and can't be turned off. I could see them limiting all plans video to 480. It's what Verizon does with prepaid. I think what they are going to do is line their pricing and plans up with the other carriers and call it a price drop. When really the plans are more watered down. Say drop the 60 plan, make the 50 the top plan, add some tethering, maybe even 8gb but hard cap it at 8 like boost does, not 8 then throttled like the 60 plan is now, limit video to 480p, and claim they dropped the price 10 dollars on it. Maybe limit the 40 dollar plan to 480p video but raise the data limit to 5 or even 6gb and say look we added data to the 40 dollar plan, then probably keep the 30 dollar plan at 2gb but limit video to 480p. I could very well see them doing this and spinning it as a price decrease.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast