Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bell Mobility / Virgin Mobile UNLIMITED LTE DATA PLANS - KIJIJI ADS?

Feedback Score

I'm a Canadian who visited a T-mobile store

Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Yeah off the bat I knew that guy is scamming. I have a family friend from the US who's has T Mobile's unlimited US/CA plan and when he visited Canada in June, his data speed roaming to Telus had significantly slowed down and when he got back to the US, he called T Mobile and they told him that he was flagged and throttled for suspicious activity. He explained that he has dual citizenship and travels every month back and forth for business. So when he went back to toronto 2 weeks ago, he's back at full LTE speed but now with Bell roaming.

Wish we have those kinds of plans in Canada so we don't have to go through this loopholes and shady kijiji sellers.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    "I'm a Canadian who visited a T-mobile store at the Boulevard Mall in Buffalo NY. They had a pay as you go plan that was US$70 that was unlimited North America. They said that they could sell that plan to Canadians as well. The only thing is that they throttle after 5gb while using this plan in Canada to 2G or Edge and throttle after 30gb while in the states."

Feedback Score
    $70 a month? Thats a bit high and im sure once their system notices that it isnt being used in the US, it will be cancelled.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

They won't cancel

Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    $70 a month? Thats a bit high and im sure once their system notices that it isnt being used in the US, it will be cancelled.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    This is a North American plan used to roam through the USA/Mexico and Canada. The store rep told me that as long as you keep paying the plan on a monthly basis, they won't even change the plan from under you. However, like I said in the previous post, Rogers, Bell/Telus lines will detect that you are roaming however legally as a T-mobile customer. They just will not give priority to T-mobile unlimited pay as you go customers using excessive data and will begin throttling speeds after using 5gb in Canada. So not really a great deal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4