Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Very impressed

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score

Very impressed

My usage finally calls for an unlimited data plan so I decided on tmobile. Before it was hard to justify it but not now.

I had a T-Mobile prepaid line with $25 on it so T-Mobile gladly gave me a credit on the postpaid line for that amount so I wouldn't just lose it. So far it's been an easy transition and customer service was top notch. I'm hard on the carriers at times but I like to give kudos too

Here's a first speedtests on B4
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    My usage finally calls for an unlimited data plan so I decided on tmobile. Before it was hard to justify it but not now.

I had a T-Mobile prepaid line with $25 on it so T-Mobile gladly gave me a credit on the postpaid line for that amount so I wouldn't just lose it. So far it's been an easy transition and customer service was top notch. I'm hard on the carriers at times but I like to give kudos too

The speedtest is meaningless as standalone measure of service. Do you have coverage everywhere you need it? And when you need it, is the speed sufficient often enough that you are satisfied? Otherwise it's meaningless how fast they are in speed tests.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Coverage is very good in most places so I'm happy. Speedtests are just icing on the cake and not as important overall but still fun

Feedback Score
    Your speed test for download is about 20 times faster than my usual on Band 12 !

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    This is a number sign: #
    This is a pound sign: £
    This is an asterisk: * (There is no such symbol as an asterick)
    This is a checkbox: ☑ (It is not a tick. A tick is the sound a clock makes. a bug, or a superhero)

Feedback Score
    Coverage is very good in most places so I'm happy. Speedtests are just icing on the cake and not as important overall but still fun
    It was the coverage that killed it for me. I didn't have any at work. Everywhere else it was pretty good.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    The speedtest is meaningless as standalone measure of service. Do you have coverage everywhere you need it? And when you need it, is the speed sufficient often enough that you are satisfied? Otherwise it's meaningless how fast they are in speed tests.
    Speed test isn't useless. I do a lot of gaming on T-Mobile and data speed is important to many people. A lot of people stream video. When I download something I want is fast and it irritates me when a game or a video starts to buffer due to lack of speed. Also, over 70% of T-Mobile voice calls are over VoLTE so excess data speed shows the network is healthy and working well by showing it has the bandwidth for better coverage. Data speed is King which is why all networks are going to spend billions on rolling out 5G technology that will be up to 10 times faster than 4G. Some people are even using Wireless as home broadband and a weak data speed could cause poor service in those areas with low data speeds. Granted anything over say 10 Mbs is overkill today but it shows that the network in that area has more than sufficient speed to do everything on that network in that area. I would never sign up with Cricket that limits data speed to 8 Mbps Max.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 07-12-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Feedback Score

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. I wanted to have T-Mobile as my primary carrier, but every time I give them a try, they fail. At my house I get 1 or sometimes 2 dots of band 12 only and it is so congested that it is absolutely useless for data and calls.
    I use an iPhone 7+ Qualcomm by the way.
    Many areas I go to have poor service and slow speeds. The market I frequent has no service inside.
    The mall I frequent has no service inside for most of the mall.
    Some areas are covered well where I travel to but when I say SOME I mean SOME. Most areas are poor or sometimes no service.
    Maybe in a year or 2 when 600 lights up in this area I will try T-Mobile again, but for now I have given up on them.
    I love the company so I hope they improve and do it quick. For now, I am with Verizon because they are far better now in my area than all the other carriers. I hate Verizon as a company, but I use them because I have to.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you. I wanted to have T-Mobile as my primary carrier, but every time I give them a try, they fail. At my house I get 1 or sometimes 2 dots of band 12 only and it is so congested that it is absolutely useless for data and calls.
    I use an iPhone 7+ Qualcomm by the way.
    Many areas I go to have poor service and slow speeds. The market I frequent has no service inside.
    The mall I frequent has no service inside for most of the mall.
    Some areas are covered well where I travel to but when I say SOME I mean SOME. Most areas are poor or sometimes no service.
    Maybe in a year or 2 when 600 lights up in this area I will try T-Mobile again, but for now I have given up on them.
    I love the company so I hope they improve and do it quick. For now, I am with Verizon because they are far better now in my area than all the other carriers. I hate Verizon as a company, but I use them because I have to.
    I know how that feels. I've had times where I couldn't win with any carrier. One would have something I liked while another would have something else. Hopefully they get better where you are.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wilbur101, where are you located?

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Recently moved to Williamsburg va. The test was about 15 minutes from there

Feedback Score
    I know how that feels. I've had times where I couldn't win with any carrier. One would have something I liked while another would have something else. Hopefully they get better where you are.
    At home I get:
    AT&T has a pretty good signal (2 dots) and speeds vary between 1.5 to 20Mb/s depending on time of day/night. But they are expensive.
    Sprint also has a solid 2 dots of signal, but their LTE speeds are slow. (often <1Mb/s to 4 Mb/s).
    Verizon put a small cell < .25 of a mile from me and I get 2-3 dots of signal indoors with 45-90 Mb/s. Solid signal and fast.
    T-Mobile as I said is only 1 dot of LTE band 12 and super congested (never faster than 1.2 Mb/s and almost always < .5 Mb/s).
    Of the 4 carriers T-Mobile is also the least consistent for coverage and speed. (even Sprint is more consistent believe it or not).
    So I have Verizon postpaid and my backup line is AT&T prepaid.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like a good setup for you. I always like to have a backup also. I'll keep my gophone line for that.

If TMobile had not participated at all in the 600 auction I may not have them now. Definitely looking forward to that down the road

I also had a cricket line on a share type plan but i got rid of it after people stopped paying and dropped etc
    Last edited by wilbur101; 07-12-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    At home I get:
    AT&T has a pretty good signal (2 dots) and speeds vary between 1.5 to 20Mb/s depending on time of day/night. But they are expensive.
    Sprint also has a solid 2 dots of signal, but their LTE speeds are slow. (often <1Mb/s to 4 Mb/s).
    Verizon put a small cell < .25 of a mile from me and I get 2-3 dots of signal indoors with 45-90 Mb/s. Solid signal and fast.
    T-Mobile as I said is only 1 dot of LTE band 12 and super congested (never faster than 1.2 Mb/s and almost always < .5 Mb/s).
    Of the 4 carriers T-Mobile is also the least consistent for coverage and speed. (even Sprint is more consistent believe it or not).
    So I have Verizon postpaid and my backup line is AT&T prepaid.
    It's Interesting to see how different service can vary at different locations. At my house I get:

T-Mobile 4-5 dots of band 4 and 12 LTE. Consistent 50-75 Mbps downloads

AT&T 1-3 dots of HSPA+, occasionally 1 bar of LTE outside. Usually 3-8 mbps downloads

Verizon 2-3 bars of 3G, occasionally 1 bar of LTE outside or occasionally No Service. Usually .5-2 Mbps downloads

Sprint 1-2 bars of 3G, randomly dropping to 1x or No Service. Mostly unusable data occasionally getting up to 2 Mbps down.

It's easy for me to like T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Recently moved to Williamsburg va. The test was about 15 minutes from there
    Thanks. Old Suncom territory I think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    It's Interesting to see how different service can vary at different locations. At my house I get:

T-Mobile 4-5 dots of band 4 and 12 LTE. Consistent 50-75 Mbps downloads

AT&T 1-3 dots of HSPA+, occasionally 1 bar of LTE outside. Usually 3-8 mbps downloads

Verizon 2-3 bars of 3G, occasionally 1 bar of LTE outside or occasionally No Service. Usually .5-2 Mbps downloads

Sprint 1-2 bars of 3G, randomly dropping to 1x or No Service. Mostly unusable data occasionally getting up to 2 Mbps down.

It's easy for me to like T-Mobile.
    I like T-Mobile too. I wish T-Mobile worked that good in my area because I would port to them in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast