Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Prepaid offers 2 months free service

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score

AT&T Prepaid offers 2 months free service

Good deal for those interested... note, you'll need to keep the service for 1 yr and choose either the $65/mo or $45/mo plan.

Prepaid is becoming the most competitive category in wireless. And AT&T1 is stepping up with an exciting offer of 2 months of FREE wireless service on AT&T PREPAID, formerly AT&T GoPhone. Simply activate and keep a new line of service on select plans, and you’ll receive an account credit for the 3rd and 12th months.2

With AT&T PREPAID we’re offering the same great service, network and value with no annual contract.

“AT&T PREPAID is our branded prepaid product for customers looking for ease of use, no contract and convenience,” said Bob Bickerstaff, vice president, Wireless Voice and Prepaid Products. “This two months free offer is our best promotion to date.”

Monthly prices eligible under this promotion are:

$60/month ($65 before AutoPay3)– Unlimited talk, text and data4
    $40/month ($45 before AutoPay)– Unlimited talk and text with 6GB of high-speed data5

Both plans also allow you to use your service in Mexico and Canada, making it easy to travel and stay connected.6

AT&T PREPAID provides customers with the flexibility and convenience of wireless service on their terms with no annual contract, no credit check and no activation fees. With easy activation and account management right from your phone or online, AT&T PREPAID customers can make changes to their service at any time.

Entertainment is everywhere these days and with AT&T PREPAID’s Unlimited Data plan3, you can stream, watch and listen all you want on one of our affordable premium smartphones, like LG and Samsung. We even offer smartphones for under $50.

After all, it’s summer – save your cash for new pool toys, ice cream for the kids, or a weekend road trip. To learn more about AT&T PREPAID, visit www.att.com/prepaid.

1 AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.

2 Limited Time Offer: Taxes on monthly plan payment are extra. Account must remain active and cannot lapse to get account credit for 3rd & 12th months.

3 AutoPay: Plans are $65/mo. and $45/mo. before AutoPay discount. Get $5 per month discount after enrolling. Restr’s apply (att.com/goautopay).

4 $65/mo. Unlimited Plan: After 22GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds. Data speed limited to a max of 3Mbps; video streaming limited to 1.5Mbps at SD quality (about 480p) (att.com/broadbandinfo). No Mobile hotspot feature.

5 $45/mo. Plan: After high-speed data allotment is used, data speeds slowed to a max of 128Kbps for the rest of the term. Includes Stream Saver; video streaming at SD quality (about 480p) (see att.com/streamsaver).

6 Mexico & Canada use: Restr’s apply; see URL

http://about.att.com/story/att_prepaid.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Good deal for those interested... note, you'll need to keep the service for 1 yr and choose either the $65/mo or $45/mo plan.

Prepaid is becoming the most competitive category in wireless. And AT&T1 is stepping up with an exciting offer of 2 months of FREE wireless service on AT&T PREPAID, formerly AT&T GoPhone. Simply activate and keep a new line of service on select plans, and you’ll receive an account credit for the 3rd and 12th months.2

With AT&T PREPAID we’re offering the same great service, network and value with no annual contract.

“AT&T PREPAID is our branded prepaid product for customers looking for ease of use, no contract and convenience,” said Bob Bickerstaff, vice president, Wireless Voice and Prepaid Products. “This two months free offer is our best promotion to date.”

Monthly prices eligible under this promotion are:

$60/month ($65 before AutoPay3)– Unlimited talk, text and data4
    $40/month ($45 before AutoPay)– Unlimited talk and text with 6GB of high-speed data5

Both plans also allow you to use your service in Mexico and Canada, making it easy to travel and stay connected.6

AT&T PREPAID provides customers with the flexibility and convenience of wireless service on their terms with no annual contract, no credit check and no activation fees. With easy activation and account management right from your phone or online, AT&T PREPAID customers can make changes to their service at any time.

Entertainment is everywhere these days and with AT&T PREPAID’s Unlimited Data plan3, you can stream, watch and listen all you want on one of our affordable premium smartphones, like LG and Samsung. We even offer smartphones for under $50.

After all, it’s summer – save your cash for new pool toys, ice cream for the kids, or a weekend road trip. To learn more about AT&T PREPAID, visit www.att.com/prepaid.

1 AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.

2 Limited Time Offer: Taxes on monthly plan payment are extra. Account must remain active and cannot lapse to get account credit for 3rd & 12th months.

3 AutoPay: Plans are $65/mo. and $45/mo. before AutoPay discount. Get $5 per month discount after enrolling. Restr’s apply (att.com/goautopay).

4 $65/mo. Unlimited Plan: After 22GB of data usage, AT&T may slow speeds. Data speed limited to a max of 3Mbps; video streaming limited to 1.5Mbps at SD quality (about 480p) (att.com/broadbandinfo). No Mobile hotspot feature.

5 $45/mo. Plan: After high-speed data allotment is used, data speeds slowed to a max of 128Kbps for the rest of the term. Includes Stream Saver; video streaming at SD quality (about 480p) (see att.com/streamsaver).

6 Mexico & Canada use: Restr’s apply; see URL

http://about.att.com/story/att_prepaid.html
    3rd and 12th month free? A little odd.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    They want you to stick around. Sort of a non-contract contract.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Different than most promos but understandable as they don't want everyone bailing after just a few months.

Feedback Score
    AT&T quote: "With AT&T PREPAID we’re offering the same great service, network and value with no annual contract."

That's simply not true. A blatant lie. There is no voLTE and no WiFi calling and only limited roaming.
    So how can they claim "same great service"?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

AT&T Prepaid offers 2 months free service

3rd and 12th month free. I get where they're coming from but I still think it's a funny and crappy proposition. Imagine the 12th month you don't get your credit and you contact them: "I'm sorry sir no such promotion ever existed" and that's IF the customer even remembered at that point...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    AT&T quote: "With AT&T PREPAID we’re offering the same great service, network and value with no annual contract."

That's simply not true. A blatant lie. There is no voLTE and no WiFi calling and only limited roaming.
    It's the same "great" service you had on GoPhone, not postpaid.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure, Nexus 5, Moto G 2015
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Am I the only one who noticed that the "unlimited" plan is limited to 3Mbps downloads, or has it always been this way?
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (H2O Wireless)

Other phones "in the family": Axon 7 Mini (H2O), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed that the "unlimited" plan is limited to 3Mbps downloads, or has it always been this way?
    Always been this way.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure, Nexus 5, Moto G 2015
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b-slice View Post
    Always been this way.
    But the $45 6GB plan isn't throttled, correct? And hotspot is allowed under T&C? I plan on switching to it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post

The post written by "new-toy" is a textbook example of how to change the meaning of a quote by taking it out of context. Now let's put the quote back into context to find out the real meaning of it.

Prepaid is becoming the most competitive category in wireless. And AT&T is stepping up with an exciting offer of 2 months of FREE wireless service on AT&T PREPAID, formerly AT&T GoPhone. Starting July 14, simply activate and keep a new line of service on select plans, and you’ll receive an account credit for the 3rd and 12th months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    It's the same "great" service you had on GoPhone, not postpaid.
    Yes, the press release was not comparing AT&T Prepaid to AT&T postpaid. And the press release was not comparing AT&T Prepaid to Verizon or a million other things that it may have possibly been referring to in the blatantly out-of-context quote that "new-toy" presented to us.
    Last edited by Pomgup; 07-12-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    Yes, the press release was not comparing AT&T Prepaid to AT&T postpaid. It was also not comparing AT&T Prepaid to Verizon or a million other things that AT&T may have possibly been referring to in the blatantly out-of-context quote that "new-toy" presented to us.
    Hey!! I have nothing against AT&T prepaid. As a matter of fact I have an old plan still active on one of my phones. It's the 8Gb plan for $60/mo. The way I read it, I thought they were trying to make it look like the prepaid plan is just like postpaid but with no contract.
    Why would they mention no contract or activation fees when anyone already familiar with GoPhone or even just prepaid in general already knows that!
    So why don't you guys just relax and stop acting like your better than everyone else.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've not seen how long the offer lasts. I'm testing the ATT prepaid network this August on a road trip, and if good enough was planning to make the switch to save over $15/month vs my Verizon postpaid plan. I've been testing with a separate line, and if I like it I would port my old number.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying myself the new generation iPhone about every 2 years.

Feedback Score
    Simply activate and keep a new line of service on select plans, and you’ll receive an account credit for the 3rd and 12th months.2

Sure looks like AT&T is effectively requiring an annual contract to get the benefits of this Prepaid offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast