Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T Prepaid offers 2 months free service

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumGourmet View Post
    Simply activate and keep a new line of service on select plans, and you’ll receive an account credit for the 3rd and 12th months.2Sure looks like AT&T is effectively requiring an annual contract to get the benefits of this Prepaid offer.
    If you stay 4 months, you are just giving up $45 or $60, depending on your plan. Hardly an ETF, especially since you don't have to send money to leave. You can just leave at any time.

With many of the prepaid services, if you buy a phone it is locked for 6 or 12 months. If you leave before then, the phone isn't usable elsewhere. That is likely a bigger deterrent.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Feedback Score
    The math of this promotion is weird. A customer who stays for exactly three months saves one third. A customer who stays for exactly twelve months saves only one sixth.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    When I signed up earlier this year, they had a promo about BYOD and get the 2nd month free.
    But that didn't happen and I had to call for them to manually credit off the 2nd month.
    So just be watchful of these free-month promos.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    So they decided to make an identical competition for their own Cricket Wireless? Isn't that stupidity at business level?

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure, Nexus 5, Moto G 2015
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    So they decided to make an identical competition for their own Cricket Wireless? Isn't that stupidity at business level?
    Not really... Some people just don't like AT&T, Cricket, Verizon, or whatever carrier, with 2 coverage brands it must be worth there while.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (H2O Wireless)

Other phones "in the family": Axon 7 Mini (H2O), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    It's unclear whether you have to stay all 12 months to get your credit for month 3.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure, Nexus 5, Moto G 2015
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, made the switch myself from H2O yesterday evening... Stopped in a local store and 30 minutes later out with our 2 phones on the $45 plan, and had them on auto-pay and multiline a little later so they renew at $75+tax (forgot the tax part on GoPhone).

Pretty painless, although I seem to remember years ago setting up auto-pay with a 3rd party payment service, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Stopped in a local store and 30 minutes later out with our 2 phones on the $45 plan, and had them on auto-pay and multiline a little later so they renew at $75+tax (forgot the tax part on GoPhone).
    I did almost the same thing yesterday. Stopped in the store and had them setup my Nexus 5X on the $45 plan, $40 with autopay, which they immediately credited to me, and there was no additional cost except for the local sales tax. My number was ported over in about 3 minutes. Everything works perfectly, and last night I checked to see I have around 35 mbps download speeds, which is about a third better than our cable service. After I got home I joined my wife's plan to drop the price to $75 a month, and I could instantly see a credit on my account for the amount of the $40 I won't be using the first month. All pretty slick and easy. I'm not sure there is anything out there that can beat 6 GBs a month for $75 for two lines, with rollover (one month), full-speed LTE, AT&T coverage, and also reliable service with decent cs and stores available when you need them for things like a new SIM card.

Device(s)
    iphone 5 locked
    Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score
    Is this only for new customers joining now , or will they honor the 2 free months for current customers that are on plan for a year?

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by car121 View Post
    Is this only for new customers joining now , or will they honor the 2 free months for current customers that are on plan for a year?
    According to post #1, the promo is for new activations, so current customers wouldn't qualify:

Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Simply activate and keep a new line of service on select plans, and you’ll receive an account credit for the 3rd and 12th months.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is this offer dead ? Coming back to US after a few months and need to activate a plan, already have sim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2