Thread: Have Verizon GUDP and need phone I can tether/hotspot with.

Feedback Score

Have Verizon GUDP and need phone I can tether/hotspot with.

I need to find phone I can use as hotspot with my old Verizon unlimited data plan. I want to be able to use wifi hotspot and not just usb tether. Any suggestions? I had a jailbroken iPhone 6s but it got kicked into pool. Can't jailbreak new one I don't think right now. Thinking about galaxy s7 with foxfi app if I stay on Ice cream sandwich? I could root android if that would work as well. I just don't know which ones you can do that with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated for these or any other phones. Thats main reason i keep that plan around.

Feedback Score
    I can't think of a single smart phone sold in the past five years which doesn't have hotspot capability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog1020 View Post
    I need to find phone I can use as hotspot with my old Verizon unlimited data plan. I want to be able to use wifi hotspot and not just usb tether. Any suggestions? I had a jailbroken iPhone 6s but it got kicked into pool. Can't jailbreak new one I don't think right now. Thinking about galaxy s7 with foxfi app if I stay on Ice cream sandwich? I could root android if that would work as well. I just don't know which ones you can do that with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated for these or any other phones. Thats main reason i keep that plan around.
    Nexus or note 5 🏻🏻🏻

Feedback Score
    The most recent phones that you should be able to reliably tether without provisioning check on are the Pixel (buy from Google), Galaxy S8/S8+ (unlocked or Verizon version flashed to unlocked), Nexus 5X/6P, and I believe all unlocked Moto phones that support Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I have a Note 5, with the latest update they took my hotspot (FoxFi) away. I now have to tether with PdaNet+.

If anyone has a way to use the GUDP as a hotspot I'd like to hear about it also.

Feedback Score
    I just use it in a 6620L with the $15/30 plan but I've heard good things about the moto x pure.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any Samsung Galaxy running Android 6.0 or lower could use Foxfi or use Galaxy S8 unlocked.

Feedback Score
    thats right but with verizon old unlimited data plan they turn it off so you can't use it for free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan MI View Post
    I have a Note 5, with the latest update they took my hotspot (FoxFi) away. I now have to tether with PdaNet+.

If anyone has a way to use the GUDP as a hotspot I'd like to hear about it also.
    So I did see where you can downgrade from Nougat to Ice cream Sandwich on android i believe at least on samsung phones. Thought about doing that. Then we could use foxfi again.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses guys. I hate it that I am starting to like iPhones again. But I really like them jailbroke. Makes them so much nicer and you can use tethering tweak.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon /
    Feedback Score
    I've been using 2 moto x pure on GUDP with zero issues using native hotspot. It's still a great phone even though it's approaching 2 years old. Pretty sure the new unlocked moto's work the same way. It's nice not having to use FoxFi or some third party app.