Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cricket 2 for $80 Unlimited w/ 3mbit throttle - 7/21

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Cricket 2 for $80 Unlimited w/ 3mbit throttle - 7/21

Just when you thought things couldn't possibly get slower they double down on crazy.

Compare that to full speed MetroPCS (2 for $80) or Boost Mobile (4 for $100). Time for a new Cricket Rewards Code: SLOW3MBIT

Source

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket 2 for $80 Unlimited w/ 3mbit throttle - 7/21

3Mbps is actually enough to do what I do with a phone with its 5.5" screen. Enough to watch SD video. Enough to stream even FLAC CD quality audio.

I think this may be the future. Data tiers with speed caps rather than usage caps. The carriers obviously want to find some way to get people to pay more.

Most of the carriers are so congested in my area, that many might not really notice the difference.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this! Great news!

It really depends on the person (or in this case, the people). Sprint and T-Mobile have to discount their prices to compensate for their smaller native footprints. If Sprint or T-Mobile coverage work for you (they both work well for me, fortunately), then Cricket is obviously not as good a bargain. However, as mch pointed out, 3Mbps is sufficient for most tasks short of tethering/torrenting. Seems much ado about nothing, to be honest.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    For me personally, anything over 1mbps is fine. I use my phone mostly to check email, text, gps (google map), listen to pandora. My data use barely crack over 2 GB. However, I do not like the trend of getting less with the same price (or similar).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    Thanks for posting this! Great news!

It really depends on the person (or in this case, the people). Sprint and T-Mobile have to discount their prices to compensate for their smaller native footprints. If Sprint or T-Mobile coverage work for you (they both work well for me, fortunately), then Cricket is obviously not as good a bargain. However, as mch pointed out, 3Mbps is sufficient for most tasks short of tethering/torrenting. Seems much ado about nothing, to be honest.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app
    I agree. I am actually on the GoPhone 3Mbps unlimited plan now and pay $60. I had to leave Cricket due to some unresolved issues with calls going to voicemail. My wife is on the GoPhone 6GB plan for $40, so we will save $20 (+taxes) and both have unlimited if we decide to switch back. I'm in favor of this. The only people complaining about this are the power users - most people have no idea what 3Mbps means, and value the amount of data over the speed of data the most, and probably all of the traffic they use still works fine (Netflix, Youtube, email, chat, etc).

My $.02.
    i have too many phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    For me personally, anything over 1mbps is fine. I use my phone mostly to check email, text, gps (google map), listen to pandora. My data use barely crack over 2 GB. However, I do not like the trend of getting less with the same price (or similar).
    $40 a line for unlimited is better than $55.

Feedback Score
    Is this for new customers only?

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xoutthestars View Post
    I agree. I am actually on the GoPhone 3Mbps unlimited plan now and pay $60. I had to leave Cricket due to some unresolved issues with calls going to voicemail. My wife is on the GoPhone 6GB plan for $40, so we will save $20 (+taxes) and both have unlimited if we decide to switch back. I'm in favor of this. The only people complaining about this are the power users - most people have no idea what 3Mbps means, and value the amount of data over the speed of data the most, and probably all of the traffic they use still works fine (Netflix, Youtube, email, chat, etc).

My $.02.
    Good new is that a lot of progress has been made on the missed calls thing.
    I started to notice it too, and began comparing notes with others to get to the bottom of this (of course, Cricket CS wasn't much help). Turns it, it appears to have something to do with the LTE to 3G handoff. Since the telephony protocols exist on the 3G layer (VoLTE is the exception to this), if the phone is busy maintaining an LTE connection, it will need to be told to kick back to a 3G one in order to ring and take the call. It seems that the Proxy Cricket was using wasn't communicating this with certain towers properly. I'm guessing a lot of towers were being reworked to favor LTE as AT&T prepared for a VoLTE rollout (which then wouldn't need to kick back to 3G for calls anymore). The fact of the matter is, one Redditor found that turning off the LTE radio totally fixed it for him. As long as the phone doesn't need to switch network protocols, the calls always rang in. Also, now that the new SIM cards are out which favor the AT&T servers and not the old proxy, I don't believe I've missed a call since. My wife has, however, but I'm not sure if it has to do with poor signal while she was driving (it happened on her commute only as far as I can tell). I'm told that if you have a VOLTE compatible phone, the problem seems to have completely vanished.

Also, the very same redditor who claims to have had the issue solved by turning back to 3G told me he switched to T-mobile, then back again to Cricket because T-mobile didn't have the coverage he needed, and says that now his line seems fine even with LTE on.

TL;DR- if you had the calls-to-voicemail problem before, you very likely won't get it anymore if you decide to come back. Even on the off-chance that it does (I'd wager it won't tho), there is a workaround. Food for thought. Also, if someone were interested in this unlimited for 3mbps plan, obviously full speed LTE isn't a priority. Heck, H+ can reach 3mbps. Although you probably won't need to resort to that for reliability anymore for the reasons specified above.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Group save or no ?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xoutthestars View Post
    The only people complaining about this are the power users -
    [BOLD] Or the resident T-Mobile troll above[/BOLD]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    [BOLD] Or the resident T-Mobile troll above[/BOLD]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Who do you mean, I want to add them to my blocklist. PM a referral too!

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It must be nice not having anything better to do than accuse everyone of selling referrals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    It must be nice not having anything better to do than accuse everyone of selling referrals.
    It's even nicer having usable wireless service at a fair price! Send one to me.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    It's even nicer having usable wireless service at a fair price! Send one to me.
    Didn't you say you were using Sprint or T-mobile now? I'd make a comment about the joke being clearly on you, but I honestly don't have a horse in this race. Just commenting. Plenty of people happy with Cricket, just leave it alone IMO.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I thought overall cricket was great when i had it. If the group hadn't stopped paying I'd still have a line.
    Sent from my windows phone

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast