Thread: Talk & Text Plus Data $20 Disc - Keep discount, avoid the "line access fee"

Feedback Score

Talk & Text Plus Data $20 Disc - Keep discount, avoid the "line access fee"

hey guys i have a question regarding this "Talk & Text Plus Data $20 Disc" promo. Here it is 2017 and Ive had this promo since 2011 i think it was (found out about it from this site). Im still sitting on the nationwide plan with the verizon max 6gb data plan. Total bill each month is $65.

Back in sept 2014 i renewed my contract and got the iphone 6 for the subsized price and got to keep my plan. Now as sept 2017 rolls around im going to get the iphone 8. Alot has changed since then, earlier this year they got rid of subsidies for people who had existing contracts ready to renew so now everyone has to pay full price for the phone.

Does anyone still have this promo?

Also does anyone know if ill just be able to buy the iphone 8 outright without them adjusting my plan?

And i also see that there is a $20 "line access fee", is that for these new plans? And will that be applied to me if i were to get a new phone?

Biggest thing is keeping my plan the way it is. Even more so now bc theres no more subsidies. I also usually have verizon just charge the phone to my account and i pay it come the billing period bc i have vz gift cards that i use. So buying the phone unlocked from apple is not really an option i want to do (if i had to void the "line access fee"). I dont want to pay for the phone in installments. I want to just buy it outright and pay full cost upfront which is what i want to do when they charge it to my account. So when next billing cycle its my normal $65 plan fee and the $xxx.xx phone cost.

Appreciate the advice, thanks in advance

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    interesting thanks

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I still have this plan. Only option is paying full price, which I've done many times and never lost my discount. The problem is once your contract is up, your bill is going to go up in price since UDP went from $30 to $50 (or in the case of our discount, I believe $10 to $30).