Thread: Please help I need tonight, LG G6 LS993 Sprint MSL

Feedback Score

Please help I need tonight, LG G6 LS993 Sprint MSL

I sold a phone on eBay unlocked Sprint LG G6. I was able to get it unlocked. My buyer made a couple phone calls and then the next day could not. Through research and speaking to multiple Verizon people we were told that each night it would reset the phone so that it no longer could be used on Verizon. Further researched I learned about the MSL code. First question to do this do you have to root the phone? 2nd question is how to do it step by step. And lastly what if any limitations should we be aware of.

I'm desperate because I just paid for my husbands 7 teeth to be pulled and now we need his upper dentures. If I get a charge back on this I can't. The customer loves the LG G6 but doesn't want to call every day to fix the problem, so please out of the kindness in your heart, if you can help, I really need it..Don't know if this helps but I read this, depending on the model phone, it's quite easy to use a Sprint PCS
    phone on VZW if you can get the MSL from Sprint. Which is easy to do if you
    still have, or know someone who has, a Sprint PCS account

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The only way to get the MSL from sprint would be if the phone was paid in full, which means is our was financed then the financing must be paid off or if it was obtained through a contract then the contract must be paid off. Then you can call Sprint and get the MSL yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwrunyon41722 View Post
    The only way to get the MSL from sprint would be if the phone was paid in full, which means is our was financed then the financing must be paid off or if it was obtained through a contract then the contract must be paid off. Then you can call Sprint and get the MSL yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    It is completely paid for and they said since it hasn't been 50 days on their service no.. I intended to use their service but no one bothered to check and I don't get a signal from my home.
    Last edited by beachin; 07-17-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    So someone bought a phone from you that's incompatible with their service, and they want YOU to give them their money back?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Provided you listed the phone as a Sprint phone on eBay and didn't specify in the listing that it could be used on Verizon (which it really can't), they buyer has no leg to stand on. You fulfilled your end of the deal.

The buyer shouldn't even try and do a chargeback because he or she didn't do their homework before buying a phone that doesn't work with their service.

Feedback Score
    Well I was told by a USB unlocking service that it would and he made 3 calls from it and some texts and then the next day it went back. Verizon said their computers will kick it out each day???