Thread: Foxfi or similar work on s8?

Feedback Score

Foxfi or similar work on s8?

I plan on buying the unlocked s8 and was wondering if foxfi or something similar works on it? I will most likely use it with the grandfathered ups. Thanks

Feedback Score

On another note. Does the iPhone 7 etc and newer non apple phones like the s8 support Bluetooth DUN/PAN? If so how does carriers 'see' and treat the data usage? Would it raise a flag if I use it on a Verizon gudp ?

If I use it on att new unlimited plan or tmobiles old udp plan would it count towards the allotment (att) or raise flags on T-Mobile old udp plan?

Feedback Score
    Unlocked S8 is reported to tether out-of-the-box natively with gUDP. FoxFi no longer works on devices running Android 7 and up.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VerizonUDP/..._hotspot_with/

Feedback Score
    So I am thinking about S8 also. So when you buy phone unlocked it will work with Verizon now? I remember they used to be mainly for GSM networks. I see where on Samsungs website when you buy phone they ask if you want unlocked or verizon. Which should I buy? Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog1020 View Post
    So I am thinking about S8 also. So when you buy phone unlocked it will work with Verizon now? I remember they used to be mainly for GSM networks. I see where on Samsungs website when you buy phone they ask if you want unlocked or verizon. Which should I buy? Thanks guys.
    Unlocked 🏻🏻🏻🏻

Feedback Score

Does anyone know if lg g6 or google pixel is rootable for tethering or an app? I am afraid the galaxy s8 is a little too fragile for my work. Kinda like looks of those phones better and much cheaper. Would unlocked version of these also have unblocked native tethering? Thanks