Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PublicMobile new offer .. 6GB (3G) + unlimited province talking

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Chatr is giving actual 3G, and when you go over the limit, you get unlimited data at 3.0 Mbps.
    Well, no.. Chatr's 3G on the data plans is held to 3mbps, over-quota is capped at 128kbps.

Not sure why you quoted my post, I'd already done a value comparison above. My point was the simultaneity of pricing from two different incumbents, both coming out with the same 6GB on 3G for $50, at the same time - it seems too coincidental.. imo they each had the other guy's flanker 'in mind', and a common objective.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Public Mobile and Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaron View Post
    Perhaps you meant Telus. They may have noticed a few too many Telus and Koodo subscribers switching to Public Mobile, even with the 'port from Freedom Mobile' requirement for their last big promotion.

Rogers was correct. I think Rogers (and bell) noticed PM was a little too popular and had their cartel friends at Telus shut it down.

The 3 coordinate prices. This is well known. Changes at one are likely to be on request from/agreement with the others.
    Last edited by ceredon; 07-16-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido >> Wind >> Koodo >> Public-Mobile
    Feedback Score

PublicMobile new offer .. 6GB (3G) + unlimited province talking

i just wondering what would the 3G ( 2.5 Mbps ) speed be like for services such as whatsapp call , hangout call or even google map ?
    Is it good enough to make a video call over FaceTime or whatsapp ?
    The current 3G speed on my current plan with PM is about 7 Mbps and i have no issues with any of the phone services or apps, but the 2.5Mbps is the only concern as I'm down to change my plan if i can confirm either services and apps would work as fine as its working with the current 3G speed i have on PM or not !!

Hopefully ill get to know whats the true answer before its too late ..

$40-($11 Credit)=$29+TAX/MO
    Province-wide talk & Global SMS/MMS 4GB LTE Voicemail + Call-Forwarding
    *Prepaid BYOP

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if this is the case or not as I can't test it (I have LTE data and not 3G), but from what I've seen posts on the Community you should be able to force your device onto normal HSPA (3G/4G) with these plans and get better speeds in comparison to the throttled speed you'd see normally.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2