Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you're using a hotspot as your home internet...

Feedback Score
    there are ping difference when i play game like ow. i got 20 on cable, 50 with mobley. if you dont mind the ping, it is good. my cable service will be disconnect tmrw, going to run mobley as home internet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wheatie80 View Post
    I've only had 2-3 times where my service has maybe been depriortized.
    There is no way to tell the difference b/t congestion and deprioritization unless you have 2 UCC lines and 1 is over 22GB and the other is under and you can compare. I have that situation and there is no evidence that these lines are being deprioritized. So you are experiencing congestion from time to time but that is to be expected. Everyone will be slowed down on a congested tower.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I really don't know if it's deprioritization, like you said, probably just a congested tower. We used well over 500gb last month(total useage between all lines) and again, no problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    There is no way to tell the difference b/t congestion and deprioritization unless you have 2 UCC lines and 1 is over 22GB and the other is under and you can compare. I have that situation and there is no evidence that these lines are being deprioritized. So you are experiencing congestion from time to time but that is to be expected. Everyone will be slowed down on a congested tower.
    Not even then, at least on my tower. I have two Mobleys side by side. One is usually faster than the other (sometimes a lot faster), but it's just random which and in a few minutes that might change from one to the other.

Feedback Score
    Apologies, still new to this. If I get the United Explore, how much is the plan for the mobile internet? Is it $20/mth like the Mobley? Is there a contract, and do I need to get a cellphone line with AT&T?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroAsc View Post
    Apologies, still new to this. If I get the United Explore, how much is the plan for the mobile internet? Is it $20/mth like the Mobley? Is there a contract, and do I need to get a cellphone line with AT&T?
    You would need a phone # to be assigned to the device. Traditional contracts are a thing of the past.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    Deprioritization occurs when connecting to a congested tower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroAsc View Post
    The $20 a month unlimited Connected Car plan is only available for the Mobley device - either one you have or one you buy with the service. The Connected Car plan is available with and without a contract. With contract they charge a $25 activation fee. No contract, no fee.

They have been allowing the Connected Car plan SIM to be moved to other hotspot devices like the United Explore after it is activated with a Mobley.

Don't know what is available to activate directly on a non-Mobley device.

Feedback Score
    Or you can buy a non car holder with power adapter to use the Mobley indoors.

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Or you can buy a non car holder with power adapter to use the Mobley indoors.
    Additionally, the Mobley powered indoors, and hooked via USB to the TMobile ASUS 1900 router is dead stable...I go weeks and weeks without a reboot...even my old slow dsl connection needed reboots more frequently.

Feedback Score
    What's the best place to buy the unite explorer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder View Post
    What's the best place to buy the unite explorer?
    I got mine from Best Buy, there was an option to purchase or go on contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2