Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else experiencing "Epic Speeds" on Verizon lately?

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I think verizon really needs that 5g rollout to help with their congestion on towers. The past year or so their speeds have really dropped in many areas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    I think verizon really needs that 5g rollout to help with their congestion on towers. The past year or so their speeds have really dropped in many areas.
    They at least need 4x4 mimo 256qam. The so called 5 att is doing is still only LTE.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    It can probably be achieved by increasing tower density. That is expensive though.

It may be a coincidence, but the performance appeared to decline more sharply shortly after unlimited was re-introduced.

Personally, I'd rather have a carrier deliver 3Mbps consistently than 0.1Mbps in some places and 50Mbps in others. I'm probably not alone. I generally only run a speedtest when I'm having a performance issue.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My Unlimited Data Prioritization in a town of less than 15,000. Rock on.

Completely unusable.

If I force my phone to 3G then I get better speeds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm still skeptical about unlimited really having that much of an impact on speeds because around these forums people were just assuming that unlimited suddenly means a network will get clogged so it's sort of become willed into some sort of truth based on interpreting speed tests to whatever outcome someone wants. I'm not trying to be naive but I can't be the only one who thinks this whole unlimited thing is a bit overblown on these forums. I'm not saying speeds can't slow down but the amount of wild interpretation from speedtests is amusing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    I'm still skeptical about unlimited really having that much of an impact on speeds because around these forums people were just assuming that unlimited suddenly means a network will get clogged so it's sort of become willed into some sort of truth based on interpreting speed tests to whatever outcome someone wants. I'm not trying to be naive but I can't be the only one who thinks this whole unlimited thing is a bit overblown on these forums. I'm not saying speeds can't slow down but the amount of wild interpretation from speedtests is amusing.
    I was the first one to point out, and will point out again. Most all of these areas people are complaining about were weak before UDP came out. They were borderline usable and then that little bit of extra usage pushed them over the edge. That's why I'm always concerned when I see a busy area doing day 5-15 Mbps on a normal day, because any little added usage would easily push it over the edge into unusable territory.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I'm not blaming anything on unlimited. Speeds have been low here for years, usually 2-3Mbps but usable. Now I have to drive a half mile or more away before I can start streaming music in the car. It's ridiculous. I just don't understand how Verizon of all carriers lets things like this happen when they tout their network strength left and right.

Feedback Score
    I mostly agree. Plenty of network engineers have for years said that imposing arbitrary data limits is strictly about money and not "protecting" the network. Besides, you still have the 22gb threshold so Verizon can always deprioritize data hogs to accomplish the same thing. I'm not saying they don't need more spectrum, I think a Dish purchase would make a ton of sense but I also think small cells and better backhaul across the entire network will make a world of difference in the trouble areas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Speeds have been a bit slower in my area for some time but I haven't noticed a decline in network quality since the UDP's came back. I jumped on board and switched to unlimited and couldn't be happier and I'm passed 25 GB's with almost two weeks to go before the end of the cycle. When B5 becomes more wide spread and start the B66 rollout things will improve. All carriers have their strong/weak coverage areas and that will probably always be the case. I'm not worried about Big Red.

Feedback Score

Anyone else experiencing "Epic Speeds" on Verizon lately?

The speed issues have come up for me as well. I need to test on a non-Qualcomm Modem iPhone. Also checking out AT&T. Still liking Verizon, hope they can get these speed issues resolved.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    It can probably be achieved by increasing tower density. That is expensive though.

It may be a coincidence, but the performance appeared to decline more sharply shortly after unlimited was re-introduced.

Personally, I'd rather have a carrier deliver 3Mbps consistently than 0.1Mbps in some places and 50Mbps in others. I'm probably not alone. I generally only run a speedtest when I'm having a performance issue.
    It is funny they push unlimited hard now (with all those deals on phones) yet you are right, the speeds really have decreased since then (although I don't really think that is the reason). Hopefully once they are off CDMA and repurpose that spectrum speeds will recover in all areas. Its funny people bashed att for their "limited" unlimited plan with 3mb/s speeds, yet most would be fine with those speeds.

Feedback Score
    It is funny they push unlimited hard now (with all those deals on phones) yet you are right, the speeds really have decreased since then. Hopefully once they are off CDMA and repurpose that spectrum speeds will recover in all areas. Its funny people bashed att for their "limited" unlimited plan with 3mb/s speeds, yet most would be fine with those speeds.
    How much Spectrum does vzw still have going toward LTE? I know some places PCS is completely gone.

Feedback Score
    For the first time today I saw 3xCA on my iPhone 7+. I'm not sure how to check for the main band but it said I was on band 2 which surprised me. In my area I have only seen band 13 and band 4. Speed was great around 1:30 in the afternoon. I was getting almost 90 down and 12 up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    For the first time today I saw 3xCA on my iPhone 7+. I'm not sure how to check for the main band but it said I was on band 2 which surprised me. In my area I have only seen band 13 and band 4. Speed was great around 1:30 in the afternoon. I was getting almost 90 down and 12 up.
    If the field test said B2 then that was the pcc carrier and bands 13 and 4 were the SCC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    If the field test said B2 then that was the pcc carrier and bands 13 and 4 were the SCC

E-ARFCN was a 2. So that's 3xCA right?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast