Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else experiencing "Epic Speeds" on Verizon lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    E-ARFCN was a 2. So that's 3xCA right?
    That is correct only thing is can't view Bandwidths on iPhones anymore. Tho vzw blocks it on Samsung.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Awesome. First time I've seen that. It's usually either blank or sometimes a 1. Maybe some upgrades going on around here.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if it is worthwhile waiting or if a person should get a Network Extender in the meantime. WiFi calling is a bit poor these days too.

Feedback Score
    Near Pittsburgh, there is only one place I see these speeds. Everywhere else is horribly congested, since everyone that lives around me has the "Verizon is the best" mentality, yet AT&T provides better coverage and has higher cell density. iPhone 7+, didn't check field test. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1500175893.599368.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  37.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bubtub View Post
    Near Pittsburgh, there is only one place I see these speeds. Everywhere else is horribly congested, since everyone that lives around me has the "Verizon is the best" mentality, yet AT&T provides better coverage and has higher cell density. iPhone 7+, didn't check field test. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1500175893.599368.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  37.5 KB
    That clearly carrier aggregation

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ (RED), iPhone 7, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah pathetic. Will be leaving them as soon as my contract is over. Can't believe I left AT&T for this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score

Anyone else experiencing "Epic Speeds" on Verizon lately?

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    I'm still skeptical about unlimited really having that much of an impact on speeds...
    T-Mobile pointing out Verizon's Network being sluggish since Unlimited does not help the perception.

Fact or Fiction...we are obviously seeing slowness these days. When it started and where it comes from no one yet knows.
    Last edited by techfranz; 07-16-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't pay any mind to what comes out of the T-Mobile camp since they're not very transparent when it comes to any of their claims, whether it be about them or their competitors. To actually make a claim like "the entire network slowed X%" is incredibly misleading because the only people that would have that actual knowledge would be the network engineers at Verizon who actually have access to that kind of private information. The rest of us, T-Mobile included, just have to go off of speedtests and crowd sourced data which is fun to look at but only paints a partial picture of how a network is actually running because there's a ton of variables that go into a speedtest that can cause speed fluctuations at any given time.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile att vz
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    I wouldn't pay any mind to what comes out of the T-Mobile camp since they're not very transparent when it comes to any of their claims, whether it be about them or their competitors. To actually make a claim like "the entire network slowed X%" is incredibly misleading because the only people that would have that actual knowledge would be the network engineers at Verizon who actually have access to that kind of private information. The rest of us, T-Mobile included, just have to go off of speedtests and crowd sourced data which is fun to look at but only paints a partial picture of how a network is actually running because there's a ton of variables that go into a speedtest that can cause speed fluctuations at any given time.
    I like all the carriers in one way or another but I agree it's hard to pinpoint a reason in each case for a slow speedtest or overall slow data. In some cases yeah unlimited could influence it but it's hard for the consumer to tell. There are too many factors involved.
    "Sent from my busted phone"

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Qualcomm version
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon 2006-2009, AT&T 2009-2016, Verizon 2016-Now
    Feedback Score
    They have to get rid of unlimited data! 99% don't need it and it ruins the network

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Anyone else experiencing "Epic Speeds" on Verizon lately?

Quote Originally Posted by drueburgendy View Post
    They have to get rid of unlimited data! 99% don't need it and it ruins the network
    Actually, since AT&T and T-mobile seem to be mostly able to handle unlimited, VZW needs a denser network with more capacity.

Hard to be competitive without unlimited when the other carriers have it. VZW already tried going down that path.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Actually, since AT&T and T-mobile seem to be mostly able to handle unlimited, VZW needs a denser network with more capacity.

Hard to be competitive without unlimited when the other carriers have it. VZW already tried going down that path.
    Verizon needs more spectrum that's what they need

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    Verizon needs more spectrum that's what they need
    Yep cause VZW adds more towers than anyone not saying the others don't cause they do but, vzw has the highest small cell deployment. Vzw customers talk about switching to att and att customers customers talk about switching to VZW. The only reason Tmobile it's faster is because, they have way LESS customers than VZW. I also wonder how much Spectrum vzw still has going toward CDMA?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Qualcomm version
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon 2006-2009, AT&T 2009-2016, Verizon 2016-Now
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Yep cause VZW adds more towers than anyone not saying the others don't cause they do but, vzw has the highest small cell deployment. Vzw customers talk about switching to att and att customers customers talk about switching to VZW. The only reason Tmobile it's faster is because, they have way LESS customers than VZW. I also wonder how much Spectrum vzw still has going toward CDMA?

I read that 40% of the spectrum is still CDMA

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post

Don't get me wrong densifying is great but it can only get you so far.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast