Thread: how to determine where VZ towers and what 4G spectrum is in my area

Feedback Score

how to determine where VZ towers and what 4G spectrum is in my area

I live in an area (location A) with very little coverage. I spent like $500 and got a wilson directional antenna and amplifier and inside antenna and it works great for my ATT phone. But the wilson setup doesnt work at ALL for my 3 VZ devices: a Galaxy S5, and also 2 MIFI's, 4510L and 4620L. I have a 3ff SIM that is activated with consumer/business loyalty plan - unlimited & unthrottled, and I only get 1 bar there with speeds around 1mbps if im lucky.

At my other location a few miles away, the VZ Galaxy S5 using no repeater is blazing fast, and the mifi's are just flat unimpressive. So im pretty sure the phone is good, and at the location A my wilson repeater just doenst either use the the right freq or its not pointed at the right tower.

How can I determine what bands are in use in my area so I can know what new repeater to get? And also is there newer mifi or other devices that use newer bands that may work better than the mifis i have? and lastly, how do i find out where the VZ antennas are?

cellmapper doesnt seem to have my area covered (Central Alabama in the USA)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opticalc View Post
    I live in an area (location A) with very little coverage. I spent like $500 and got a wilson directional antenna and amplifier and inside antenna and it works great for my ATT phone. But the wilson setup doesnt work at ALL for my 3 VZ devices: a Galaxy S5, and also 2 MIFI's, 4510L and 4620L. I have a 3ff SIM that is activated with consumer/business loyalty plan - unlimited & unthrottled, and I only get 1 bar there with speeds around 1mbps if im lucky.

At my other location a few miles away, the VZ Galaxy S5 using no repeater is blazing fast, and the mifi's are just flat unimpressive. So im pretty sure the phone is good, and at the location A my wilson repeater just doenst either use the the right freq or its not pointed at the right tower.

How can I determine what bands are in use in my area so I can know what new repeater to get? And also is there newer mifi or other devices that use newer bands that may work better than the mifis i have? and lastly, how do i find out where the VZ antennas are?

On Android devices you can download signal check pro that will show what band the phone is currently connected to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1892288 and check out the mifi 6620 🏻🏻🏻

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opticalc View Post

What Wilson setup did you get? I have terrible AT&T coverage at my house. They sent me a microcell but it's terrible and my wifi calling isn't the greatest either.

Was it pretty easy to install the Wilson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Cellmapper.net may help. Not many Verizon users seem to use Cellmapper. Many more T-Mobile users.
    Donald Newcomb