Feedback Score

iPhone 6S touch ID stops working at seemingly random times

I've got a 64GB 6S and lately I've been finding that about half the time I go to unlock it or do anything else that I've set up a fingerprint log in for the touch ID sensor just doesn't work at all When it is in this state it lasts usually for 15 - 30 mins and goes back to normal without me doing anything special. While it's been not working I've tried resetting it, turning off and on the fingerprint settings, and I've tried to recalibrate my finger prints but the recalibration screen that usually shows a red fingerprint outline is blank and white when the phone is in this state. I can't really find any other fixes for it online. I'm from Hawaii and people suggested TCAWireless and other such places. Please help.

Feedback Score
    Is the iPhone still under warranty ?
    Take it to the nearest apple store and have them fix it.

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The Touch ID is permanently linked to the specific iPhone's CPU. Rather than trying to reprogram the CPU to accept the new Touch ID, Apple will replace the telephone for $99 if it is still under warranty. Outside of warranty requires a payment of $299.

Even when Touch ID is working correctly, periodically the PIN has to be entered to unlock the iPhone.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Did you try a full, clean restore with the latest iOS? Apple will want you to do that first.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Phone
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    The Touch ID is permanently linked to the specific iPhone's CPU. Rather than trying to reprogram the CPU to accept the new Touch ID, Apple will replace the telephone for $99 if it is still under warranty. Outside of warranty requires a payment of $299.

Even when Touch ID is working correctly, periodically the PIN has to be entered to unlock the iPhone.
    Geez $99! If the phone is under warranty then Apple should fix it for free if its a defect.

If the phone is out of warranty, then learn to live without touch id like many others who have replaced the entire display including touch id sensor.

Apple has a new device called Horizon Machine that is being distributed to authorized repair shops including best buy. The Horizon Machine is used to sync a new touch id to the motherboard.

Your problem could be related to a bad touch id cable or connection. Your touch id sensor might be fine so there may not be a need to replace it. It could also be software related.

I use the assistivetouch button as my home button on my iphone 6 for this very reason. I don't want to prematurely wear out my home button and lose touch id function if replaced.

Phone
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    Geez $99! If the phone is under warranty then Apple should fix it for free if its a defect.

If the phone is out of warranty, then learn to live without touch id like many others who have replaced the entire display including touch id sensor.

Apple has a new device called Horizon Machine that is being distributed to authorized repair shops including best buy. The Horizon Machine is used to sync a new touch id to the motherboard.

Your problem could be related to a bad touch id cable or connection. Your touch id sensor might be fine so there may not be a need to replace it. It could also be software related.

I use the assistivetouch button as my home button on my iphone 6 for this very reason. I don't want to prematurely wear out my home button and lose touch id function if replaced.
    The $99 fee is only if Apple determines if the owner caused the problem, such as dropping the phone or it being immersed in water. If it is a hardware defect, then the service/replacement is done for free.