Thread: Amazon is Apparently Testing a New Messaging Platform

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Post Amazon is Apparently Testing a New Messaging Platform

Name:  amazon-anytime.png
Views: 119
Size:  65.6 KB

With Alexa and Echo it was only a matter of time, I suppose...

Yesterday a site called AFTVnews spilled the beans on a survey that's been circulating among Amazon users, indicating that the company is getting into the messaging racket. The name they're going with is Anytime; I've transcribed the text from a separate graphic detailing its features:

Everything you've always wanted in a messaging app—and a whole lot more!

Everyone's on it. Reach all your friends just using name. No numbers needed.

Private & secure. Keep chats private and encryt [sp] important messages (like bank account details)

Works everywhere. Chat seamlessly across desktop or mobile, iPhone or Android

Great for groups. With @mentions, fast photo sharing and video chat, group messaging is easy and fun

High-quality voice & calls. Call a friend one-on-one or get on a group call; it's always free.

Express yourself. Mix up your conversations with GIFs, stickers and emojis.

Filters for photos and videos: Make video calls and pics fun with special effects and masks.

Game on: Challenge friends and groups to games

Customize chats: Color code your conversations or add nicknames for your friends

New ways to hang out: Share your location, listen to music, order food together, split a bill, and a lot more; all in Anytime

Chat with businesses: Get super service, on your terms: make reservations, check on your orders, and even shop!
    Chatting with businesses will likely be the big—possibly the only—reason for anyone to use this. UPS, for example, would do well to have a chatbot in place at launch to field all those queries for late and/or missing packages.

Source: AFTVnews.com via TechCrunch, XDA
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Feedback Score
    Like we need another messaging app. If they make it work on multiple devices like Hangouts, it might be useful if/when Hangouts goes away. Hopefully, never.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    100% with you @vvk
    I have everything I need with Hangouts and still have to keep Whatsapp and Skype because my friends are scattered across multiple platforms...no mas.