Thread: Domestic roaming data question.

Feedback Score

Domestic roaming data question.

Does T-mobile allow data roaming on partner coverage? When on vacation, Tmobile coverage was extremely spotty and spent most of my time on ATT. While ATT signal was strong in that area, i did have voice and text but no data.

I have roaming data enabled but it still did not work. Does tmobile allow domestic data? Specifically for the old $30/mo plan.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Does T-mobile allow data roaming on partner coverage? When on vacation, Tmobile coverage was extremely spotty and spent most of my time on ATT. While ATT signal was strong in that area, i did have voice and text but no data.

I have roaming data enabled but it still did not work. Does tmobile allow domestic data? Specifically for the old $30/mo plan.

Thanks.
    I don't think that plans does. I thought their more recently plans did. Maybe not

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post

Thanks.
    To add to that I know post paid does. Is the 30 dollar plan your talking about prepaid? I'm not sure prepaid includes data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    To add to that I know post paid does. Is the 30 dollar plan your talking about prepaid? I'm not sure prepaid includes data.

The $30 plan is prepaid so if they do not allow roaming data on prepaid it would make sense.
    Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It does where I live. Currently don't have native T-Mobile and have a 1Gb a week plan and I was able to get AT&T HSPA+ roaming. Bought it because there is a new array on a tower and I'm sure it's T-Mo but hasn't been activated yet. But it should roam.

Sent from my LG-H871 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Even on postpaid plans, data roaming on AT&T (where permitted) is severely limited.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Even on postpaid plans, data roaming on AT&T (where permitted) is severely limited.
    I'll say. I have the $50 prepaid and while roaming on AT&T, it was 200kbps down & 120kbps up.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile, at&t, FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caqz View Post
    I'll say. I have the $50 prepaid and while roaming on AT&T, it was 200kbps down & 120kbps up.
    You're lucky its like that because on a high speed connection, speedtests can use up to 50 MB each time. Given that the roaming limit is 200 MB, you'll use up a lot of data on speedtests. If speeds are lower, the test uses smaller sample sizes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As a quick sanity check... If you haven't roamed before on this device, make sure that your phone settings have data roaming enabled. I had an issue similar to this on my first trip to Canada shortly after going to T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Prepaid has data roaming now? Cool. I thought it was only talk/text.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Prepaid has data roaming now? Cool. I thought it was only talk/text.
    Yep. I was in a roaming area so, out of curiosity, I enabled data roaming and did a speed test. Needless to say I don't have to worry about going over the 200mb limit because I turned it back off. Those speeds reminded me of Mint SIM on a weekend.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is why I'm so happy T-Mobile bought a boatload of prime/greenfield lowband spectrum and that they plan to deploy it all over even in areas they traditionally never served.

I want to be able to use my data plan at full speed wherever I'm at.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    This is why I'm so happy T-Mobile bought a boatload of prime/greenfield lowband spectrum and that they plan to deploy it all over even in areas they traditionally never served.

I want to be able to use my data plan at full speed wherever I'm at.
    As one of their network engineers put it, TMobile bought a crap load of low band spectrum that's definitely a game changer