Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Didn't read this entire thread yet but when I went to order a phone it says 2 line unlimited which was strange at the time.

Still wondering if group plan will get unlimited 2.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    The pages for the X Charge and new Unlimited 2 Plan are up on their mockup site.
    Found this site by accident recently, its pretty cool if you know what you're looking for:
    https://wwwsit6.connect.aiowireless....-x-charge.html

Chrome will complain that it is not a valid security certificate and therefore thinks it is a malicious site. I assure you, this is just the old AIO server that they are using internally and the certificate isn't valid because it isn't the actual Cricketwireless.com website, so you can safely click advanced and proceed to the site as desired.

This page is about the new X Charge. Seems like a solid upgrade from the X Power... still got a beefy battery at 4500mah (I think more than the X power, right? Wasn't that one 4100? Too lazy to Google it), and still the same 16G storage and 1.5G RAM (boo, couldn't they just give us 2 already?!), but looks like they upped the CPU and camera specs. Product description claims a 13mp rear shooter with low light capabilities, and a front facing LED flash for the 5MP selfie cam. Also supposedly optimized for low light (wide aperture perhaps? Can't wait for the actual specs to come out). Oh yeah, and a 5.5" IPS display, if you're into bigger screens.

CPU claims to be 1.4Ghz, which is more than the X Power, but I hate it that Cricket never tells us more than that. The Xfinity version of this phone has a MediaTek Octa-core MT-6750 chip, which is definitely more powerful than the X Power, but I'm guessing we're not getting that. Just like the X Power on Boost vs Cricket, I think we're getting a lower end processor- the description on the site says Quad core (not Octa) and 1.4, while the MediaTek chip above clocks in at 1.5 (for 4 of the cores, the others are 1.0). So I'm guessing some moderately upgraded version of a low end Snapdragon chip.

Either way, my wife has been having signal problems in our neighborhood with her X Power, so this with WiFi calling could be a nice upgrade!

Click add to cart, and you're presented with plan options, including an Unlimited 2 Plan for $55. Check it out to read up on it.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    Is this implying for a limited time this will cost $55 rather than $80?

If I had 2 lines with this plan and then 3 on the basic plan I wonder what the cost would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s exactly what I got from that picture but can’t tell for sure.

Verizon iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black & Verizon iPad Pro 9.7 32 GB Space Gray
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    Is this implying for a limited time this will cost $55 rather than $80?
    $80/mo is for two lines, $55 for one.

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1500525707.744096.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  50.1 KB
    If it’s capable of adding 4 lines with this plan along with group discounts, it only cost 25 bucks PER LINE.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyz7365 View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1500525707.744096.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  50.1 KB
    If it’s capable of adding 4 lines with this plan along with group discounts, it only cost 25 bucks PER LINE.
    The details state "Not elig. for Auto Pay credit or Group Save discount."

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    The details state "Not elig. for Auto Pay credit or Group Save discount."
    If so that sucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    And "Cricket Unlimited 2" is definitely happening...

Attachment 152785

"Cricket Unlimited 2"

2 lines for $80 mo
    Limited time. $55/mo. Unlimited 2 plan req'd on 2 lines. $30 discount on 2nd line on same acct. Not elig. for Auto Pay credit or Group Save discount. Unlimited 2 Data Restrictions: Data speeds max of 3 Mbps. Video streaming speed max of 1.5 Mbps (SD quality, about 480p). After 22GB of data usage on a line in plan cycle, Cricket may slow data speeds during periods of network congestion. See cricketwireless.com/mobilebroadbandMobile Hotspot not avail.

Attachment 152786

Does anyone know if you will be grandfathered in to the $55 limited time offer after the promotion period? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    What's the big deal about Wifi calling? Seems like a pita. If I had to use Wifi calling I'd get on a different network.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    What's the big deal about Wifi calling? Seems like a pita. If I had to use Wifi calling I'd get on a different network.
    I don't see it as being difficult you set it up, keep it turned on, and forget it. It handles switching to and from the network automatically. In some cases like where I live other networks aren't available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Thats silly. You've never gone somewhere that lacked reception but had wifi? Out where I live, it isnt uncommon to walk into a building and find that you're on WiFi only because the steel frame acts like a Faraday Cage from outside signals. My house, meanwhile, has reception upstairs but in the basement I have nothing... Except WiFi, of course. Are you suggesting I should switch carriers because of these things? And who should I switch to, as I've had all the major carriers and the dead zones I'm referring to effect ALL of them?

WiFi calling is super convenient, and not just a way to supplement a poor network... Its a way to supplement networks that can't possibly reach some places.
    Heck, we had a family get together in a remote cabin last year, there was no cell reception for anyone. We had to drive back into town to get service. Someone joked we should bring a femtocell next time, but we were are all on different services so it wouldn't have helped anyway. WiFi calling would have been a G-dsend!

What exactly would be the pita about any of this? Perhaps you are not understanding what it is?

Feedback Score
    Any idea which other Cricket phones that will get an update to make the them wifi calling capable ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Plus VoLTE calls have priority over data.
    I've noticed data speeds come to a crawl on Verizon in certain locations. It must be due to the additional bandwidth consumed by VoLTE as it gains traction.

I'm wondering if it will happen on AT&T/Cricket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    You certainly can have a poor experience with it if your internet/wifi connection isn't rock solid.

OTOH, any additional feature or benefit offered by the carrier isn't a bad thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't want to depend on Wi-Fi at home to have service period. What if there is an emergency during an internet outage, or power failure?

But useful if you are traveling internationally if you don't want to pay roaming fees. Or possibly in stores bad cell coverage bug free guest wi-fi.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast