Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    I actually just went to visit a friend out in the outskirts of town last night. There is no cell reception with anyone over there, aside from Verizon in some spots. I was even outside by his pool, and no freaking bars unless I walk a street or two over.
    Guy has a fem2cell for his Sprint phones, lucky me on Cricket had nothing. But, he has Optimum Online and I'm a Hotspot subscriber. So I have WiFi. Man, it would have been cool to still have reception with voice over WiFi. This is EXACTLY why I need this. But... I wish more phones were supported. Or at least something with 2GB ram minimum- the X charge seems like a solid offering, but that 1.5G of RAM is such a downer. I'm currently using a phone with 3GB, and I could live with 2 but not half. That new Alcatel looks promising and seems to have decent specs compared to the LG X, I'd imagine it would get WiFi calling as an update but too soon to tell right? Its on sale now to new line port ins, so I'm considering doing another switch-up to try and make that happen.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    As for me my past experience with WiFi calling was very unstable. I was with republic wireless, the wifi calling service was horrible along with Sprint was a loose loose situation.
    Likely I not effected anyway with an unlocked / unbranded S8.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by #8awg View Post
    As for me my past experience with WiFi calling was very unstable. I was with republic wireless, the wifi calling service was horrible along with Sprint was a loose loose situation.
    Likely I not effected anyway with an unlocked / unbranded S8.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Eh, Republic wireless isn't a good example of WiFi calling any more than Freedompop is. It was an "unofficial" handoff, if I recall correctly, that wasn't officially supported by Sprint. If you were on WiFi, it would make the call VOIP. If not, it would use Sprint's telephony protocols. But the handoff between the two was virtually non-existent when I looked into it. It was a cool idea, but one that only a proper carrier can implement internally. Their hodge-podge version was so unrealiable, I felt like a beta tester. For something that should have been Alpha.
    T-mobile was the first to do it properly, if I recall correctly, and my friends who are still using them swear its the only reason they don't mind sticking around. The coverage is weak, but if anywhere they are going has Wifi anyway, their service is more reliable indoors than mine is sometimes. I think this is a good thing, hopefully they will have done it right. I've never used AT&T's wifi calling, but I'd imagine all networks that are officially supporting this profile from the carrier-end are going to be night and day better than Republic Wireless was.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Well I was hoping that when I woke up this morning that my iPhone would have gotten a carrier update and WiFi calling would be working. Sad to say that so far nothing. VoLTE was a real nice addition, now I'm really hopeful that WiFi calling is available on the iPhone too.
    It's rolling out...

Cricket states that if it is Wi-Fi calling capable it will work.. every iPhone 5c and newer is capable however on AT&T postpaid only the iPhone 6 and newer allows it so it will be interesting to see if Cricket does the same.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    It's rolling out...

Cricket states that if it is Wi-Fi calling capable it will work.. every iPhone 5c and newer is capable however on AT&T postpaid only the iPhone 6 and newer allows it so it will be interesting to see if Cricket does the same.
    I'd guess only ones that work with AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Does this mean the unlimited plan single line will also be 3 Mbps as well? But I'm so glad they announced wifi calling tho that is awesome!
    No the single unlimited will stay at 8mbps although as long as you dont have a trick to use hotspot LTE aggregation makes those speeds tons faster

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you have a wifi calling capable device it can be used

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Anyone upgrade to iOS 10.3.3 yet. Wondering if cricket will update carrier software to support wifi calling. I'm on 28.3 and 10.3.2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    Anyone upgrade to iOS 10.3.3 yet. Wondering if cricket will update carrier software to support wifi calling. I'm on 28.3 and 10.3.2
    They will not do this until they can make sure it works. This just released today so if you are using a Cricket iphone it wont get it for a while

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe-ulrickson View Post
    They will not do this until they can make sure it works. This just released today so if you are using a Cricket iphone it wont get it for a while

Darn I am hoping those with iPhones get it soon. The only reason I am holding off for now until things are up and running flawless. Because I know at times if they launch new features there can be issues on launch day so I try to give it some time before I make a move. Better that way once enough people are up and running there I go

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Darn I am hoping those with iPhones get it soon. The only reason I am holding off for now until things are up and running flawless. Because I know at times if they launch new features there can be issues on launch day so I try to give it some time before I make a move. Better that way once enough people are up and running there I go
    If it's a Cricket iPhone wifi calling isn't available, as stated by cricket, the only cricket device with wifi calling is the LG X Charge

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    I upgraded to iOS 10.3.3 -- no carrier updates.

Feedback Score
    If it's a Cricket iPhone wifi calling isn't available, as stated by cricket, the only cricket device with wifi calling is the LG X Charge

It's not I have 2 SE one from Verizon and other from different provider but neither of them are from cricket not sure if makes a difference however if you look on lg x charge specs they don't even list wifi calling strange

Feedback Score
    If you have a wifi calling capable device it can be used

Why are you spewing this. There are people here with iPhones (myself included) that are reporting that WiFi calling is still not working. I have an iPhone 7+ unlocked bought directly from Apple that is fully updated to 10.3.3 and WiFi compatible and it's not working. The option to turn on WiFi calling is not even available.

Feedback Score
    My iPhone 6 is running the iOS 11 beta and 28.5.15 carrier setting. No option for wifi calling yet.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast