Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since they are only claiming to support 1 phone at launch, it may be a few weeks at least to support others. I currently have a Moto G5+ on cricket, and I can wait to see when that is supported.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    It's not I have 2 SE one from Verizon and other from different provider but neither of them are from cricket not sure if makes a difference however if you look on lg x charge specs they don't even list wifi calling strange
    Its there just not listed, im not sure if they have to launch the servers and send an update to the LG X Charge for it to be considered there. If the two iphone SE have wifi Calling in their settings then you could use it on cricket

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Why are you spewing this. There are people here with iPhones (myself included) that are reporting that WiFi calling is still not working. I have an iPhone 7+ unlocked bought directly from Apple that is fully updated to 10.3.3 and WiFi compatible and it's not working. The option to turn on WiFi calling is not even available.
    Its possible that the WiFi Calling servers are not up and running yet,therefore the wifi calling feature wouldn't work as it wouldn't have anything to connect to until the servers for wifi calling are up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Why are you spewing this. There are people here with iPhones (myself included) that are reporting that WiFi calling is still not working. I have an iPhone 7+ unlocked bought directly from Apple that is fully updated to 10.3.3 and WiFi compatible and it's not working. The option to turn on WiFi calling is not even available.
    The wifi calling option could be missing due to the feature not officially being up and running on cricket and therefore the sim cards are still set to deny the feature

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe-ulrickson View Post
    The wifi calling option could be missing due to the feature not officially being up and running on cricket and therefore the sim cards are still set to deny the feature

This, when a T-Mobile simcard is use in my phone, the wifi calling option becomes available but when a cricket sim is used, the wifi calling option is missing. I guess I have to wait until the sim is provision for wifi calling.

Sent from my LEX727 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Alright sounds good that's why I mentioned about waiting it out some until they get everything up and running without glitches! But this is a sweet deal tho! I plan on getting a iPhone 6 at some point just waiting until I get some extra cash first tho

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Since they are only claiming to support 1 phone at launch, it may be a few weeks at least to support others. I currently have a Moto G5+ on cricket, and I can wait to see when that is supported.
    I too have a moto g5+ on cricket and don't see any way that it's supported yet.

Feedback Score
    We will most likely get a carrier update or sim provision update later in the month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpapa2017 View Post
    We will most likely get a carrier update or sim provision update later in the month
    Most likely theyll either do a sim provision update or have people the want it come into the store to get a sim card that supports their wifi calling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe-ulrickson View Post
    Most likely theyll either do a sim provision update or have people the want it come into the store to get a sim card that supports their wifi calling

Just sim provisioning, doubt they'd make people get a new sim card

Device(s)
    LG G5 (AT&T Branded H820)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveH2O View Post
    I too have a moto g5+ on cricket and don't see any way that it's supported yet.
    I got a buddy to buy that phone and it looks really nice. I'd like to get one. Could you guys let us know if and when you get wi-fi calling working?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matts2009 View Post
    I got a buddy to buy that phone and it looks really nice. I'd like to get one. Could you guys let us know if and when you get wi-fi calling working?
    Since I don't have any other provider but Cricket - can't test out the phone to see if it works with others - eg t-mobile.

Device(s)
    LG G5 (AT&T Branded H820)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveH2O View Post
    Since I don't have any other provider but Cricket - can't test out the phone to see if it works with others - eg t-mobile.
    Thanks. I meant with Cricket when they turn it on. I chatted with someone from Cricket today and they said non-Cricket phones would be coming (I questioned the note on their web page about non Cricket phones working).

The G5 Plus really looks like a sweet affordable phone. I wish Cricket offered it or something comparable.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Anyone get the LG charge yet to see how well wifi calling works ?or has anyone been able to get it working on a iPhone yet ?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Cricket changed what's stated for wi-fi calling - so unless you have a Cricket branded phone (which I don't) you're out of luck

Wi-Fi Calling-Capable Phones
    To enjoy Cricket Wi-Fi Calling, you'll need a Wi-Fi Calling-capable smartphone and an active Wi-Fi network.

Currently, our Wi-Fi Calling-capable devices include:

LG X Charge

Note: If you did not purchase your phone from Cricket but it is Wi-Fi Calling capable, you can still use your phone but Wi-Fi Calling will not work.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast