Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman42069 View Post
    I talked to a customer service representative and I went to a cricket wireless store and I tweeted cricket wireless support and I went on there Facebook page.and they said that they wont support Wi-Fi calling on any unlocked iPhone.
    I’ve contacted social media team numerous times and they just point to the support page about WiFi so I find it hard to believe they told you otherwise. I would be shocked if they don’t launch WiFi calling for iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting gigahurtz!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    I’ve contacted social media team numerous times and they just point to the support page about WiFi so I find it hard to believe they told you otherwise. I would be shocked if they don’t launch WiFi calling for iPhone.
    Where is the is support page about WiFi? Ty

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    Where is the is support page about WiFi? Ty
    https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...le-phones.html

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind, despite VoLTE/HD Voice working on the iPhone, it isn't officially supported. They do not list any apple products on the support page, so volte isn't officially launched for iphone. WiFi calling night be ninja'd in, might not. Volte might stop working, technically they don't support iphone for either feature. People will complain, but cs simply has to link to the support page.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...le-phones.html

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Someone on Reddit claims that even the LG Escape 3, which is supposedly the only WiFi capable phone besides the X Charge that launched with it, doesn't really work yet either. He claims they pushed out the firmware but haven't flipped the switch to allow it yet, so the only phone still that does it is the X Charge.
    I'm finding that hard to believe though, why would they list it on their support page if it wasn't working? We've seen the opposite- supporting HD Voice on devices that AREN'T listed, so I find it hard to believe that they'd LIST a device yet not support it.

Really hoping they'll adopt a more inclusive compatibility strategy, but unsure if that's realistic anytime soon.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    My daughter , who is in the peace Corp, is coming from Panama next month for a visit. I want to send her back with a Wi-Fi phone. What is my best option. Is the only option a cricket branded lg charge x? If so, best place to buy it? She currently has a cricket Samsung Galaxy s6.
    Last edited by affald; 10-07-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am a few weeks away from leaving Cricket for prepaid Verizon Service. I have had poor service in my city and it has been deteriorating the last few months . WiFi calling would help but I just can’t wait anymore. I have an iPhone 7 Plus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    I am a few weeks away from leaving Cricket for prepaid Verizon Service. I have had poor service in my city and it has been deteriorating the last few months . WiFi calling would help but I just can’t wait anymore. I have an iPhone 7 Plus.
    Is the service getting bad only in major cities?

Device(s)
    IPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    Is the service getting bad only in major cities?
    Well, I have ATT postpaid and my service is just OK. It has gotten worse in many areas here is Knoxville TN. I am also considering moving to Verizon's new family prepaid plan. ATT is just stagnating here. No new towers. No filling in dead spots.... they just seem not interested in their wireless division now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    Someone on Reddit claims that even the LG Escape 3, which is supposedly the only WiFi capable phone besides the X Charge that launched with it, doesn't really work yet either. He claims they pushed out the firmware but haven't flipped the switch to allow it yet, so the only phone still that does it is the X Charge.
    I'm finding that hard to believe though, why would they list it on their support page if it wasn't working? We've seen the opposite- supporting HD Voice on devices that AREN'T listed, so I find it hard to believe that they'd LIST a device yet not support it.

Really hoping they'll adopt a more inclusive compatibility strategy, but unsure if that's realistic anytime soon.
    Just got the invite today on the LG Escape3. haven't downloaded / configured it yet

Feedback Score
    For the first time ever the voice service on my Cricket S7 in a large metro area was horrible this weekend. Both att and verizon users complained that they were unable to hear me. I have no idea why. I use google voice with routing through cell network.

I will second that Cricket service is deteriorating.

Calling seems fine now.
    Sign up each new ported-in line (within the last 30 days) for Cricket Rewards with http://getm.pt/dcp4n4?KDD-C276E3

and receive $25 in account credit.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Well, this is unrelated to the topic, but it seems a lot of the recent Cricket outages are ATT towers being worked on / upgraded around where I live. Doesn't only effected Cricket, but ATT and anyone else who uses the network. Reported outages with Mark the spot app, and spots have been improved (the app even followed up to announce the repair and ask me if the issue was resolved, which I admit was super cool).

I'm guessing there's a lot of reworking to push traffic to VoLTE and what not going on. Growing pains. But again, none of this is relevant to wifi calling.

Feedback Score
    I was reading somewhere that WiFi Calling can operate in one of two ways: Priority given to the regular 4G signal or priority given to WiFi first. Is there a way to select which one it is?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast