Feedback Score

Hearing another persons phone call while on my cellphone...anyone experience this?

Hi,

So this has happened twice over the last few days. I'll be on the phone talking to a friend and in the middle of the conversation I hear a bunch of static and I hear another persons conversation. I can hear two people talking. I can't really make out what their saying because it's so faint and static. It lasts maybe 20-30 seconds then cuts out and my call is perfectly clear again.

Wondering if this has ever happened to anyone before? I have an iPhone.

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Haven't noticed anything like that since my college days with a landline.

Is it the same friend? And does she/he have a landline? With all the digital technology in current cell phone service, it is hard to believe it has anything to do with the cell phone portion of the service.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Jensen Beach, FL (Previously Bristol, VA)
    Phone
    Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    I'm gonna go ahead and state what I think is the obvious. This is not an issue specific to an iPhone. You might want to either make a new post in the forum for your carrier here on HoFo, or a mod can move it.

Also, I doubt it's on the cell end, sounds more like your other caller, unless they're on a cell phone too.

EDIT: disregard, I see you posted in your carrier forum as well, so I think that's the right place to get an answer.

Sent from my Tramp-Stamped SM-G935A
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    CSD was rarely used, and was before they started referring to cell phone technology in G's. This G stuff really started with 3G coverage and its because the 2nd iPhone was called the iPhone 3G. That's where cell phone tech got the G's from. The G stands for Gigs and the number is the number of Gigs the signal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Oh boy....
    Quote Originally Posted by AttData View Post
    My thoughts exactly...