Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Is Throttling Netflix?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I agree. But where are you gonna go? Everyone else is doing the same thing or will be soon enough.
    True. Technically they all are doing it right now. AT&T unlimited you have to turn off stream saver which is the same thing, T-Mobile One and even Sprint.

I guess I'm going to have to be a permanent VPN user until they start throttling that.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is there an easy to make it connect to VPN without having to go through Settings in Android?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpmanj2395 View Post
    True. Technically they all are doing it right now. AT&T unlimited you have to turn off stream saver which is the same thing, T-Mobile One and even Sprint.

I guess I'm going to have to be a permanent VPN user until they start throttling that.
    I would jump on AT&T Unlimited Plus but their regular every day speeds at home and most of where I frequent is slower than Verizon's throttled speed. Not to mention many no service holes. I'm screwed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Interesting.. it seems Verizon is now throttling Unlimited Prepaid customers as of today also. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1507259017.659499.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  22.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1507259037.138795.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  39.3 KB
    --Bentley

Feedback Score
    I would jump on AT&T Unlimited Plus but their regular every day speeds at home and most of where I frequent is slower than Verizon's throttled speed. Not to mention many no service holes. I'm screwed.
    I actually wish I could use ATT instead of verizon. As their deals with HBO, and access to direct tv on their phone seem quite attractive.

But, driving a truck, my friend with ATT just drops calls like crazy. I don't know why, we do run quite a bit of non-interstate 4 lane divided, but in reality it really shouldn't be that bad, I mean it's a major roadway in IN(highway 41). And I do mean at MANY spots along the entire length they just have terrible service. And then you throw in the fact that there are large cities in WI, right along interstates where ATT literally has no coverage 100ft from the interstate.

I dunno, I was always under the impression that ATT was similar to verizon on their coverage. But on the 6-9 states that we both travel through very frequently, their coverage is far less along interstates, and when you get off the main roads, the difference becomes even more apparent.

It is what it is, but it's a bit disappointing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon Is Throttling Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Bkayrac View Post
    I actually wish I could use ATT instead of verizon. As their deals with HBO, and access to direct tv on their phone seem quite attractive.

But, driving a truck, my friend with ATT just drops calls like crazy. I don't know why, we do run quite a bit of non-interstate 4 lane divided, but in reality it really shouldn't be that bad, I mean it's a major roadway in IN(highway 41). And I do mean at MANY spots along the entire length they just have terrible service. And then you throw in the fact that there are large cities in WI, right along interstates where ATT literally has no coverage 100ft from the interstate.

I dunno, I was always under the impression that ATT was similar to verizon on their coverage. But on the 6-9 states that we both travel through very frequently, their coverage is far less along interstates, and when you get off the main roads, the difference becomes even more apparent.

It is what it is, but it's a bit disappointing.
    That doesn't surprise me. AT&T doesn't cover highways as good as they'd like you to think. They cover interstates fairly well though. AT&T has a lot of holes partly because they don't optimize their network as good as they should and they don't add sites.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1735 View Post
    Yeah. Just tell him to start using VPN. A free one is called VPN360, and it’s fast at a reasonable speed (up to 50-60 Mbps).

Also, most video services like YouTube will work, but Netflix won’t.
    I just use My Data Manager's VPN. Free and doesn't affect speeds or pings at all. It does remove the video throttle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Netflix blocks pretty much every VPN out there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Throttled on my phone line with the February unlimited data plan. My iPad is hard throttled as well to 10Mbps.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    That doesn't surprise me. AT&T doesn't cover highways as good as they'd like you to think. They cover interstates fairly well though. AT&T has a lot of holes partly because they don't optimize their network as good as they should and they don't add sites.
    You would think the interstates are done well. But WI isn't so hot, and MANY interstates in the midwest/south my buddy ends up dropping calls, turning into a robot, going in/out.

It's pretty bad actually. Makes me glad I didn't go to at&t and grabbed verizon instead.

Feedback Score

Verizon Is Throttling Netflix?

I'm not even on the unlimited plan and Verizon is throttling all my videos to between 3.5-4 Mbps. It's not our fault they didn't buy more capacity for their network , and now we have to suffer? I would switch in a heartbeat but their coverage is so darn good in the NYC market. I popped in my AT&T sim ( I'm on my brothers direct tv unlimited plan) and its being throttled to the same speeds as my Verizon line. I thought AT&T wasn't doing that ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon seems to have better coverage for me than ATT. The only issue I have with Verizon is that, where I work, they seem to have got worse for data this year. Sometimes web pages don't want to display. My iPad with T-Mobile works better there.

On a road trip in August to Wyoming, Verizon was better than I remember ATT a few years ago, though.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I'm not even on the unlimited plan and Verizon is throttling all my videos to between 3.5-4 Mbps. It's not our fault they didn't buy more capacity for their network , and now we have to suffer? I would switch in a heartbeat but their coverage is so darn good in the NYC market. I popped in my AT&T sim ( I'm on my brothers direct tv unlimited plan) and its being throttled to the same speeds as my Verizon line. I thought AT&T wasn't doing that ?
    AT&T has a feature called stream saver that you need to turn off first. The unlimited choice plan has a hard 3Mbps throttle, but their other one has a throttle on by default that you need to manually disable.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkayrac View Post

Background:

I've been with AT&T on two separate occasions (AT&T>Verizon>AT&T>Verizon) over the past 10 years. I lived in two separate cities 2000 miles apart. I had 3-4 different phones when I was with AT&T.

When I was with AT&T, I dropped calls VERY often even with 4-5 bars of signal. So it wasn't a signal issue in many instances. Their network seems to disconnect people fairly often for whatever reason. That said, I tend to be on 60+ minute calls more often than most people, as I use my phone for work (work from home). I don't have this issue with Verizon dropping calls as long as I have sufficient signal.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Background:

I've been with AT&T on two separate occasions (AT&T>Verizon>AT&T>Verizon) over the past 10 years. I lived in two separate cities 2000 miles apart. I had 3-4 different phones when I was with AT&T.

When I was with AT&T, I dropped calls VERY often even with 4-5 bars of signal. So it wasn't a signal issue in many instances. Their network seems to disconnect people fairly often for whatever reason. That said, I tend to be on 60+ minute calls more often than most people, as I use my phone for work (work from home). I don't have this issue with Verizon dropping calls as long as I have sufficient signal.
    I drop less calls on both Verizon and TMobile when compared to att. For some reason att drops more calls than the others combined even with good signal. Also for some reason my att line is the choppy one where people say I'm breaking up and they can't hear me.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast