Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Just saw this thread. Anyone coming from PagePlus to Red Pocket and having success using a Verizon branded phone that has never been on postpaid? My Note 5 (Verizon) can't get data on Red Pocket. We're tried everything and now Red Pocket wants me to do a factory reset but I really would rather not go that drastic unless it would for sure help. I feel like they are just running out of things to try so suggest that as a last resort even though it probably won't help.
    As I mentioned to you in another thread, I did with a Vzw LG G2 VS980 that was purchased new form Best Buy when it was on clearance. It was never on Vzw postpaid and it worked with Red Pocket Vzw. It was also briefly on Red Pocket AT&T and worked fine at HSPA+ speeds.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Airvoice, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Got my AirVoice monthly PAYGO down to a couple of bucks before doing the cutover. Process went very smooth. Ordered the $255 Red Pocket plan on the 7th. Received the email with activation code on the 8th. SIM cards arrived on the 9th.

Waited until 8/21 to activate (to draw down the AirVoice balance). Completed activation steps on the Red Pocket website at 6 AM. (Port in account number was the AirVoice SIM card number and the passcode was the last 4 digits of the phone number.) Had a 2nd AT&T unlocked phone to use so the Red Pocket SIM went there. At noon, the AirVoice phone indicated unregistered SIM. Within a minute, I power cycled the 2nd phone and it registered on the network. Moved the SIM card to the primary phone. It's now a Red Pocket phone. No issues so far. All txt messages are there, etc. AND all this was accomplished without a single call to email or chat to either service's support.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Is the Amazon 1 year/3 GB deal no longer available? I was just on amazon and did not see it.

Feedback Score
    When going to my orders and clicking on what I purchased, I get the "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." message. There was a period of several days when this appeared before - and then the product went live again. I expect it is temporary.

The 180 day plan is still available for $153 and you can buy the 30 plan for 29.95.

As a side note, I purchased the $255 plan on July 25, 2017 and could not be happier. Coming from plans that offered little or no data, I feel like I won the lottery!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I was just glancing at the Amazon Questions & Answers and noticed the following. I can't believe what a great deal this $255/year Red Pocket 3GB plan is!

Question:
    Is South Korea among the 72 countries you offer for free international calling with the plans?
    Answer:
    Hello,
    Thank you for contacting Red Pocket Mobile! Yes, as per listing on our Red Pocket Mobile website, https://goredpocket.com/plans#free-unlimited-int-promo South Korea is included on the list of countries for Free International calling. Let us know if you need further assistance.
    Thanks!
    By RedPocket SELLER on August 7, 2017

Feedback Score
    I'm having a devil of time porting in. Online ERRORS out multiple times. CSRs put me on hold after garnering info after coming back their voices sound robotic. Same result 3 times. Just emailed with PDF of ERRORed out online port request. Ridiculous!

Edit: Got a vm from RP that port is in process. Up to 2 days though.

2nd Edit: Called AirVoice port was completed but no RP airtime so AV # still active. Said to AV CSR I was sad to leave & they have the BEST MVNO CSRs. Called 611 & added RP activation code now I'm a RP customer Spirit Guides please help me lol.

TnT & data work. But voicemail is still Airvoice. ANYBODY know about that?

Also Page #6 Post #84
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman1 View Post
    I'm on the yearly plan. They told me to switch towards the end of the month. I think even though you are on the yearly plan, if you look on their website, at your usage, it only shows your plan being 1 month. So I'm assuming they just renew your plan every month, almost like a monthly but prepaid for a year.
    Is this assumption that it renews every month even though expiration date shows only 1 month correct?
    Last edited by zapjb; 08-22-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsonu View Post
    Is the Amazon 1 year/3 GB deal no longer available? I was just on amazon and did not see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    When going to my orders and clicking on what I purchased, I get the "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." message. There was a period of several days when this appeared before - and then the product went live again. I expect it is temporary.

The 180 day plan is still available for $153 and you can buy the 30 plan for 29.95.

As a side note, I purchased the $255 plan on July 25, 2017 and could not be happier. Coming from plans that offered little or no data, I feel like I won the lottery!
    I don't know what the issue was, but the $255 plan is currently back at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D50H1L2 .
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    Well I've been with this plan for 3 whole days now. lol I know it's too early to tell but if service keeps up and no hiccups, I'll be happy. I had issues at first when initially setting up but a factory reset fixed everything thankfully. So glad I'm still with Verizon. It's nice to just pay up front and not have to worry about it for a year.

September 15th, 2017 is my expiration date. I ported over Aug, 15. So does this mean my 3gb is for the 15th of one month to the 15th of the next month? I would assume so.

Hopefully, since it auto renews each month, things go smoothly.

I was on PagePlus 29.95 plan but only got 1gb. I'm loving having more data and paying less for it. I was at one time considering going to Cricket with my phone but later found out all bands wouldn't work so backed out of that idea. I would have paid 20.00 a month there but you had to join a group (find strangers on Reddit to group with) to get that price. With Red Pocket I'm not having to worry about a group plan.

Crossing fingers everything goes smoothly and Red Pocket doesn't go out of business or anything else crazy happens.

I still have mom on the PagePlus 80.00 pins so PagePlus is still in my life. :-)

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't know what the issue was, but the $255 plan is currently back at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D50H1L2 .
    'Currently unavailable.'

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    'Currently unavailable.'
    You should have bought it when it was available when I posted earlier this morning, lol!

So, it is coming and going. Interesting. I wonder what's going on?

Feedback Score
    I think Red Pocket gets overwhelmed & pulls back. When caught up it's back on sale.

Btw my RP vm was working the whole time. It was just a seemless handoff from AV to RP. Thought I'd have to reconfigure the vm. Guess not.

RP so far so good.

Feedback Score
    Red Pocket needs its own forum. Between selling on Amazon and Ebay, I think it's gaining in popularity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Red Pocket needs its own forum. Between selling on Amazon and Ebay, I think it's gaining in popularity.

never going to happen lol

Feedback Score
    Wonder how many subs RP has?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I think Red Pocket gets overwhelmed & pulls back. When caught up it's back on sale.

Btw my RP vm was working the whole time. It was just a seemless handoff from AV to RP. Thought I'd have to reconfigure the vm. Guess not.

RP so far so good.
    I've seen this happen with other att mvno's. We moved a line from gophone --> airvoice ---> easygo (h2o) ---> redpocket . Between all these moves, the vm never reset, same greeting and pin remained.

The expiration date shown in the olam indicates last day of the cycle. If it shows the 15th, that means new cycle starts on the 16th of each month. Given my experience with them (really applies to any mvno with auto renewal), it's vital to check the account on the morning following the expiration date. If it doesn't renew properly, you'll be without service. No notification of missed calls as any inbound will just be dropped.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast