Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Do you mean the network? If that's what you mean, you choose after you receive your SIM kit and/or during activation.
    Yes thanks
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman1 View Post
    Interesting thing is that the 3GB Amazon plan seems to have unlimited low speed after the 3GB LTE is used up. That's pretty cool/unexpected. Checked my account on the web site:
    Account Status:
    Active
    Account Plan:
    Annual 3GB Plan
    Plan Expiration Date :
    August 31st, 2017
    Available Voice Minutes:
    Unlimited
    Available Text Messages:
    Unlimited
    Available High Speed Data (MB):
    Available Reduced Speed Data (MB):
    Unlimited
    The Q&A on Amazon says that the data is hard capped at 3GB. Anyone hit 3GB yet to see what happens?

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    I love my Red Pocket 3GB Annual CDMA-V plan - but I had a random thought:

Maybe this is just a marketing strategy?
    I don't think red pocket is smart enough to pull a nintendo...

my understanding is you can get unlimited and + some for verizon.. already.. without needing to buy a full year.. it's not really that good of a deal.. maybe saves $.75 from the cheapest monthly price I've seen.. maybe..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post

my understanding is you can get unlimited and + some for verizon.. already.. without needing to buy a full year.. it's not really that good of a deal.. maybe saves $.75 from the cheapest monthly price I've seen.. maybe..
    Magic 8-ball says this is a hella of a deal.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    I like mvnos that use more than one carrier, net10 allowed me to switch to Verizon based service without missing a beat, though their website is pathetic, worse than any I've ever seen.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score

only 75 cents? Errrr Ok...

Feedback Score

I manage 10 lines on a variety of Verizon MVNOs and one on Verizon PP itself. The Verizon PP is $40 / month plus taxes, etc. I get pins without tax and always use a discount code (Callingmart) so I pay $37.60 per month for this line. My $255 / year = $21.25 per month. The two plans are both unlimited T & T with 3GB data. I don't know if the Verizon account has any data available after the 3GB high speed bucket is empty.

So tell me where I can get the cheaper Verizon smartphone plan that you are referencing? I would love to pay $21.50 / month for Verizon direct.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Magic 8-ball says this is a hella of a deal.
    Ha, I just got that!

Feedback Score
    Tried to port my iphone 5S from Pageplus to this plan. Port went through OK, and I have voice and text, but data does not work. Get message "Could not activate cellular data network". Been working with RedPocket support for days with very basic suggestions (turn data on/off, lte on/off, phone reset, remove/reinstall sim - nothing has helped and they don't seem to have any other ideas. Not sure what else to do at this point, but wanted to warn anyone with an Iphone on Pageplus that is thinking of moving over to RedPocket - buyer beware.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRAL View Post
    Tried to port my iphone 5S from Pageplus to this plan. Port went through OK, and I have voice and text, but data does not work. Get message "Could not activate cellular data network". Been working with RedPocket support for days with very basic suggestions (turn data on/off, lte on/off, phone reset, remove/reinstall sim - nothing has helped and they don't seem to have any other ideas. Not sure what else to do at this point, but wanted to warn anyone with an Iphone on Pageplus that is thinking of moving over to RedPocket - buyer beware.
    Did you try: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Feedback Score
    Is anyone else getting their data turned off in the afternoon on the AT&T plan? This is the second day in a row mine got turned off off in the afternoon. No MMS, no web browsing, no emails, nothing. I thought it was a bad tower, but Ive driven all over and can't get data anywhere. Today, I got data back at 5 PM I just ported over 8/28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you try: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    Yes, tried that several times - but didn't help

Feedback Score
    I've been with Boom (red) for about 8 months or so and I have no complains whatsoever but the Red Pocket annual plan (Verizon) is too good a deal to turn down. It also gives me more data and I've been approaching the 2 GB limit more and more each month. I've heard mixed success stories related to Visual Voicemail but I've been trying YouMail and I like it so I can work with that if needed. I've ordered the sim and one-month plan just to try it out for a month and if it works out I will go forward with the annual plan. Any suggestions or things I should be aware of? I have an iPhone 6s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slin2036 View Post
    Is anyone else getting their data turned off in the afternoon on the AT&T plan? This is the second day in a row mine got turned off off in the afternoon. No MMS, no web browsing, no emails, nothing. I thought it was a bad tower, but Ive driven all over and can't get data anywhere. Today, I got data back at 5 PM I just ported over 8/28
    Same here, except I'm on net10/at&t, around 4pm service is virtually unusable, while my girlfriend's net10 via Verizon doesn't miss a beat, in a city of probably 50% At-t and 50% VZW, I'm thinking at&t in general has horrible network management.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Same here, except I'm on net10/at&t, around 4pm service is virtually unusable, while my girlfriend's net10 via Verizon doesn't miss a beat, in a city of probably 50% At-t and 50% VZW, I'm thinking at&t in general has horrible network management.
    That's very strange. I was on H2O before, which is also an ATT mvno, and I never got data shut off. It's gonna suck if i need to use data middle of the day, like for Google navigate

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast