Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: New Red Pocket Annual Plan 3GB ($21.25)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRAL View Post
    Tried to port my iphone 5S from Pageplus to this plan. Port went through OK, and I have voice and text, but data does not work. Get message "Could not activate cellular data network". Been working with RedPocket support for days with very basic suggestions (turn data on/off, lte on/off, phone reset, remove/reinstall sim - nothing has helped and they don't seem to have any other ideas. Not sure what else to do at this point, but wanted to warn anyone with an Iphone on Pageplus that is thinking of moving over to RedPocket - buyer beware.
    Finally figured this out on my own (RedPocket support wasn't able to figure it out) - so in the hopes of saving someone else some frustration, what I found was a profile (settings-general-profile) called tracfone.vzwentp. Deleted that, reset network setting, and restarted phone - and data now works.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    People should really check APN settings before blaming MVNOs.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Finally figured this out on my own (RedPocket support wasn't able to figure it out) - so in the hopes of saving someone else some frustration, what I found was a profile (settings-general-profile) called tracfone.vzwentp. Deleted that, reset network setting, and restarted phone - and data now works.
    I have very little experience with iPhones. I thought what I suggested above, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, would have done this all in one step. Sorry for the misguidance!

Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    Agreed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    Except with iphones you can't check/edit the APN settings like with android. And yes, I expected RedPocket support to be more familiar with iphone APN setting than me, and been able to resolve the problem

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Boz1;16897646]I have very little experience with iPhones. I thought what I suggested above, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, would have done this all in one step. Sorry for the misguidance!

No problem - I thought so too, but apparently with iphones the profile (tracfone in this case) overrides the network settings, which is why the reset didn't fix them. We're both a little bit smarter today

Feedback Score
    It does seem to me that RP support should have been able to identify and correct that issue.

Feedback Score
    I received my sim card yesterday so today I decided to take the plunge and switch to Red Pocket. Everything went smooth but I did have to chat with CS at Boom to have them release my number. After that all was good. It doesn't look like visual voicemail is working so I will continue using YouMail (no big deal). If this month goes well, I will purchase the yearly plan for sure. I will also put my wife on the Sprint plan with Red Pocket (she is with Boost right now). Happy camper :-)
    P.S. Never had an issue with Boom and would recommend them highly to anyone but getting more data (3GB vs 2GB) for a lower price is a deal I can't pass up.

Feedback Score
    Except with iphones you can't check/edit the APN settings like with android. And yes, I expected RedPocket support to be more familiar with iphone APN setting than me, and been able to resolve the problem
    My phone was with Total Wireless. So the profile had Verizon underneath. I switched over to the Sprint one year free plan. The apn would not change. The Sprint people were also not able to figure out. Finally I used this - Change the APN on your iPhone. I could view the APN and I deleted the Verizon profile and then added the Sprint profile. Worked great after that.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Airvoice, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The "Fullfillment by Amazon" deal has returned! This is the one without the additional shipping charge (final price is $255).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D50H1L2

Feedback Score
    Just read through all 14 pages but need further clarification...
    Is tethering allowed on Verizon or only ATT? Or prohibited altogether?
    From what I read ATT is the only one you can use voice and mobile date at the same time?

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MoOn-BaBy View Post
    Just read through all 14 pages but need further clarification...
    Is tethering allowed on Verizon or only ATT? Or prohibited altogether?
    From what I read ATT is the only one you can use voice and mobile date at the same time?
    Tethering is not officially supported but people do it anyways.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket VZW
    Feedback Score
    Switched to this plan about a month ago. So far everything has been pretty good.

One small issue I have noticed. About once a day, my data connection will drop for a minute or two. When it reconnects, it will always be in 3G. This can be remedied by a quick airplane mode toggle and everything is back to normal LTE connection.

Has anyone else noticed this happening? Wondering if it is a Red Pocket thing in general or just with this plan? Never noticed it on any of the other VZW mvno's I've been on.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by persim View Post
    Switched to this plan about a month ago. So far everything has been pretty good.

One small issue I have noticed. About once a day, my data connection will drop for a minute or two. When it reconnects, it will always be in 3G. This can be remedied by a quick airplane mode toggle and everything is back to normal LTE connection.

Has anyone else noticed this happening? Wondering if it is a Red Pocket thing in general or just with this plan? Never noticed it on any of the other VZW mvno's I've been on.
    I didn't experience that when I had Red Pocket Vzw. Since nobody else is currently reporting this issue, I wonder if it is something in your particular location or something with your particular phone. Which network and what phone are you using?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I didn't experience that when I had Red Pocket Vzw. Since nobody else is currently reporting this issue, I wonder if it is something in your particular location or something with your particular phone. Which network and what phone are you using?
    Red Pocket VZW
    Nexus 5X

Thought about the phone/location possibility but since the exact same phone was used on Boom with no issues figured it had to be the mvno change.

I do change my location all the time during the day but it is all within native VZW LTE areas.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The H20 $27 3GB deal has unlimited throttled. Plus you pay monthly. ATT only tho.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast